YVR to City Airport Transfers

Don9992

I don't see this issue covered elsewhere so I'll start a new thread. 

We are a party of 6 sailing on the Royal Princess from Vancouver on July 23.  We'll be arriving at YVR on July 22 and staying at the Auberge Vancouver.  I'm looking for recommendations for transfers from the airport that could accommodate all of us.  I checked with Lyft and 2 Lyft XL rides, which is what we'd need, would be about CAD80-100.  I'd like to stay near that price for something that could take all of us and our luggage together.  Anyone have experience with this?

I do recall a couple of threads discussing airport transfers for YVR in case you case you want to give it another go tracking them down.

However, a couple of suggestions would be:

As a start, check out the YVR transportation website as it gives a good summary of the options available.

Don't necessarily shy away from using a taxi instead of Lyft/Uber since taxis have flat rate pricing from the airport.  It's $36 to the Auberge.  Ride hailing is likely normally cheaper but could be more expensive if there's surge pricing.  The line for the taxi rank at YVR is notorious for being long but it could also be a bit of a wait for Lyft/Uber.  I would just assess it when I arrive by poking my head out at the taxi line and checking the apps.  

IIRC, in the previous threads, @martincath has suggested using the limo service if you have a large group since the economics are very reasonable with a larger group.  The price appears to be about $77 with the caveat that the YVR website seems to indicate that the service is currently temporarily not running.

23 hours ago, Don9992 said:

I don't see this issue covered elsewhere so I'll start a new thread. 

We are a party of 6 sailing on the Royal Princess from Vancouver on July 23.  We'll be arriving at YVR on July 22 and staying at the Auberge Vancouver.  I'm looking for recommendations for transfers from the airport that could accommodate all of us.  I checked with Lyft and 2 Lyft XL rides, which is what we'd need, would be about CAD80-100.  I'd like to stay near that price for something that could take all of us and our luggage together.  Anyone have experience with this?

In addition to limos, taxis, Uber, don't discount the Skytrain, which departs from YVR and the downtown Waterfront Station is about a block from your hotel.

4 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

In addition to limos, taxis, Uber, don't discount the Skytrain, which departs from YVR and the downtown Waterfront Station is about a block from your hotel.

Two of my party have some mobility issues so wrangling large suitcases on public transit ain't gonna happen. 

On 1/17/2022 at 1:04 PM, Milhouse said:

I do recall a couple of threads discussing airport transfers for YVR in case you case you want to give it another go tracking them down.

However, a couple of suggestions would be:

As a start, check out the YVR transportation website as it gives a good summary of the options available.

Don't necessarily shy away from using a taxi instead of Lyft/Uber since taxis have flat rate pricing from the airport.  It's $36 to the Auberge.  Ride hailing is likely normally cheaper but could be more expensive if there's surge pricing.  The line for the taxi rank at YVR is notorious for being long but it could also be a bit of a wait for Lyft/Uber.  I would just assess it when I arrive by poking my head out at the taxi line and checking the apps.  

IIRC, in the previous threads, @martincath has suggested using the limo service if you have a large group since the economics are very reasonable with a larger group.  The price appears to be about $77 with the caveat that the YVR website seems to indicate that the service is currently temporarily not running.

Given the fact that each of us will have at least one large suitcase and possibly a smaller one,  I suspect we'd end up needing 3 cabs which takes us pretty close to the cost of a limo or van.

Just to put it out here, I did find a service that will transfer YVR to the city in an 11 pax Ford Transit van for USD100.  Their name is Can-Trip Shuttle (cantripshuttle.com) and they get some love on TripAdvisor.  Unless something else jumps out that's probably what we'll use.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

We have used Time Limousine and found them very professional a helpful, they have limos and vans and large capacity vehicles. You might want to check them out for price etc at www.timelimo.com

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/4/2022 at 8:09 AM, victoriaj said:

We have used Time Limousine and found them very professional a helpful, they have limos and vans and large capacity vehicles. You might want to check them out for price etc at www.timelimo.com

Thanks for the suggestion.  I just checked Time Limo.  They would charge CAD232.50 which is USD183 at today's exchange rate.  That's quite a bit more than CanTrip so we'll go with the latter.

On 5/29/2022 at 7:05 AM, Don9992 said:

Thanks for the suggestion.  I just checked Time Limo.  They would charge CAD232.50 which is USD183 at today's exchange rate.  That's quite a bit more than CanTrip so we'll go with the latter.

Thank you so much for this info. I've just sent CanTrip an email for a quote for our roundtrip transportation need for our Sept cruise RCI Serenade. 

On 1/19/2022 at 6:07 AM, Don9992 said:

Just to put it out here, I did find a service that will transfer YVR to the city in an 11 pax Ford Transit van for USD100.  Their name is Can-Trip Shuttle (cantripshuttle.com) and they get some love on TripAdvisor.  Unless something else jumps out that's probably what we'll use.

I've had no response from this company...help or thoughts please.

• 4 weeks later...