What now? (Celebrity website)

patty1955

What has Celebrity done to the search feature on their website? I want to look for Asia and Transoceanic cruises. I want to look for both together so I can then sort them by date/price. I've done this in the past and I can do it on every other cruise website that I've tried. I can't find any way to search for more than one destination at a time. Am I missing something? 

On 1/17/2022 at 1:31 PM, cruise kitty said:

you're welcome, it's definitely not  the most user friendly site 🙂

X really needs to take a "Less is More" approach to their website. Not everything has to be on the front page.

I personally don’t understand why they recently changed the search function. I don’t want to type in every place I might like to go. It was easier checking some boxes. Small complaint, but I do wish they switch it back. 

Edited by Qwltngcruiser
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Qwltngcruiser said:

I personally don’t understand why they recently changed the search function. I don’t want to type in every place I might like to go. It was easier checking some boxes. Small complaint, but I do wish they switch it back. 

I just put in our travel dates and departure ports. 

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I just put in our travel dates and departure ports. 

But if you want to search all cruises except certain areas, you would need to list a ton of places. It’s fine for when you only want to look in one place, but not so good otherwise. The boxes to check made that portion of things easier. Changes in a website should make things easier for customers, not more limiting. Just my opinion. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Qwltngcruiser said:

But if you want to search all cruises except certain areas, you would need to list a ton of places. It’s fine for when you only want to look in one place, but not so good otherwise. The boxes to check made that portion of things easier. Changes in a website should make things easier for customers, not more limiting. Just my opinion. 

Explain, "But if you want to search all cruises except certain areas"...

56 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Explain, "But if you want to search all cruises except certain areas"...

Ok so the search function on there now requires you to put in a town, country, etc. If I want to look at all cruises for a given set of time everywhere but the Caribbean, I have to list a bunch of places. Before, I could just click boxes to include the regions I would like to look at. To me anyway, this is much more inconvenient. 

4 hours ago, Qwltngcruiser said:

Ok so the search function on there now requires you to put in a town, country, etc. If I want to look at all cruises for a given set of time everywhere but the Caribbean, I have to list a bunch of places. Before, I could just click boxes to include the regions I would like to look at. To me anyway, this is much more inconvenient. 

CelebrityEngagementCenter@celebrity.com

I booked a cruise this evening for Sydney to Hawaii in 2024.   

I tried the "NEW" search experience and what a disaster.    First search I put in Hawaii 2024.    It returned 324 results with the most relevant  being a Norwegian Fjord cruise in 2023.

I just posted on the Celebrity Corporate social media site.   Others should also do so and send them a blast.    Even the worst web designer could have done a better job.   As much as I hated the old search -  Please bring it back.

• Like 1

The problem is that not even all the best web designers and IT depts in the world can fix it when they aren't the ones that sign-off on the final product. The actual ownership of the site most likely belongs to X's marketing dept and they are definitely not disciples of the "Less is more" design philosophy.

IMHO based on 30+ yrs in IT, most of the gripes could be fixed with 3 very simple changes.

1. Shift towards the "Less is more" philosophy. Not everything needs to be on the site's landing page. This is a balancing act as research shows that too many clicks can turn people off even more, and right now "less clicks" is winning.

2. Add a toggle to Destination search field just like they have on Date field (flips from date range to months). This would allow a best of both worlds.

3. For those users that allow functional cookies, drop a cookie to remember your preferences. Imagine how much more pleasant your experience would be if the site remembers how you like things. 

• Like 1