Inappropriate bathing suits???

rucruizin

I'd say people using Search properly:) Thank Heavens:)

Oh, I don't know about that, Joanie. If using Search means a lot of old threads get bumped up for no good reason, maybe Search should be disabled.

Oh, I don't know about that, Joanie. If using Search means a lot of old threads get bumped up for no good reason, maybe Search should be disabled.

Oh, no; now, if such a prolific poster says the Search should be disabled, does that mean it has to be so????

I mean, who makes the rules around here?

Oh, no; now, if such a prolific poster says the Search should be disabled, does that mean it has to be so????

As long as it is something to do with cruising I have no problem with resurrected threads. Heck we might all learn something.

But when it is something stupid like a former (?) CC member's thread about what they do with their cats when they are on a cruise... That has/had nothing important in my opinion.

Some people use this forum correctly to help others. And other people just use it for their own agendas:(

Joanie

Many of us, especially the women who aren't a size 8, and won't see 21 again, have poor self images about what we look in bathing suits.

Threads like this bring it all home to us!

I love to swim & sun-bathe, and always wear a very modest suit, but still have that fear that some people are laughing at me. According to some of the posts here, you are. Some posters feel that the pool is only for the perfect ones, & all others should wear a tent.

I put up with smokers, wild kids in diapers in the pool, and a few rude drunks, so those of you who can't bear the sight of a less than perfect body, please return the favor.

Wait, 200 lbs is not bikini weight? I take offense! 200 lbs is my bikini weight, I'm @ approx 5% body fat when I weight is @ 200 lbs, marble statues take notice of my form and I'm striated across my T (pecs, delts & triceps)! ;)

Now @ 220, that's board short swim suit time... like now as I had a quad injury that precluded cardio for 7 weeks.

As for what to wear and what is too much (or too little in this case), whatever you personally feel. If you go the stones to scamper about in less material than the lint on a one inch piece of tape, cool. Love that is your confidence level. If you're so modest that you think a tankini shows too much skin, cool.

I don't think we need the Modesty **** coming about enforcing their views upon us. The Taliban had that with the Minstiry of Vice and Virtue, do we really want or need that?

Derek

I guess it's what "we" deem appropriate/modest or not. This past winter we were in St Martin and several ships were in port. One ship had a high % of European pax onboard. While sitting on the beach, it was quite evident that in a group of both men and women, the skimpier the swim suit, the more likely they were conversing in a language other than English!

My DW's brother has a saying for people who dress to stand out and look ridiculous to most of us "They must have high self esteem!"

Now we use that phrase between us to comment nicely on absurd dress or interesting "body art" :)

My two cents (one for each issue): as a relative newbie still, I find these resurrected "old" threads to be quite informative and helpful. I wouldn't have thought to ask or search for this question, but it was interesting to see and read it. Just because the OP might not be around or got his/her question answered, doesn't mean that it isn't a topic worth discussing again. After all, this one is about 5 years old and maybe things have changed. If it isn't worth discussing, people won't, and it will die a quick death.

As to what is acceptable swimwear on HAL, I'm just getting ready for my second cruise on HAL in a few months, so I'm not experienced, but on my first I too saw a little (or a LOT!) of just about everything. But that was part of the fun. I just love the people watching. :)

I'm fairly certain you already know that owners makes the rules and the mods enforce the rules. There's a whole section on Community Guidelines here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=guidelines

... just in case you want to review them.

IMHO, nothing wrong with necro'ing a few threads here and there. If they are amusing, enjoyable or informative, I see no issue.

I loved the blender thread!

People dig up reviews and thank the OP.

People dig up the raisin bun recipe, then report if it worked, etc.

Didn't Cole Porter cover this subject way back in the 1930's or so? :D

(For those who are old enough to remember, feel free to join in singing along)

In olden days, a glimpse of stocking

Was looked on as something shocking.

But now, God knows,

Anything goes.

Good authors too who once knew better words

Now only use four-letter words

Writing prose.

Anything goes

Archived