Reflection S2 opinions on 1669 or 2174

sunnydaysmile

12 minutes ago, sunnydaysmile said:

I have never been in a suite before and have the option of 1669 (aft) or 2174 (starboard near hump). 

What are the pros and cons of both cabins?

Do these cabins have enough overhang or is it sunny all day?

They are going to be quite different. 2174 is on the highest passenger deck underneath a large overhang like all S2's that are not directly aft. 1669 is going to have very little overhang for shade. I personally don't like being on deck 12 under the overhang but opinions will vary. 

Some people don't like the walk to the aft cabins whereas 2174 is a few steps away from elevators. 

This is an accessible cabin but you can see the overhang:

I would chose 1669,  we love the aft view and don't mind the walk. 

I will say however consider the weather.  We were in a aft facing cabin on a Australia cruise in January/February and it was very hot.  The balcony was to hot to use and the sun beating on the balcony doors generated so much heat in the cabin that the a/c could not handle it. 

• 3 months later...
On 1/18/2022 at 10:19 AM, jelayne said:

I would chose 1669,  we love the aft view and don't mind the walk. 

I will say however consider the weather.  We were in a aft facing cabin on a Australia cruise in January/February and it was very hot.  The balcony was to hot to use and the sun beating on the balcony doors generated so much heat in the cabin that the a/c could not handle it. 

We're in 1669 on a Sept 16th, 2022 cruise in Rome.  I hope that big huge column isn't in the room.( see video above)

As other have said Sky's on Reflection deck 12 do have a big overhang, we've had a couple there and whilst that can be nice for shade when it's very hot, if you are a sun lover you might not get a lot depending on the ships location/angle.

I would open for an aft cabin any time, we have 2217 in June.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, calicakes said:

We're in 1669 on a Sept 16th, 2022 cruise in Rome.  I hope that big huge column isn't in the room.( see video above)

I was worried about the pole as well so asked the question and someone kingly provided some photos and info for 2217 which we have in June. I might have this wrong and sure someone will correct me if I am, but I got the impression the poles are perhaps only in the corner Sky's.

3 minutes ago, B x said:

I was worried about the pole as well so asked the question and someone kingly provided some photos and info for 2217 which we have in June. I might have this wrong and sure someone will correct me if I am, but I got the impression the poles are perhaps only in the corner Sky's.

I stand corrected as I see the above video which I think is 1166 there is a pole on the way to the bathroom, maybe they all have them, if they do then they couldn't have been too intrusive as we've had three different Sky's on Reflection and don't recall them. My worry was seeing one with the pole right literally next to the bed, I was told that was a corner on a lower deck.

We just returned from the Reflection TA to Rome in 1669.  We selected this cabin because my DH is noise adverse and we did not want to be under outside seating area behind the OV cafe.  It was a great cabin with a knock out view.  There is NO pole inside this cabin.  The only possible downsides were that the balcony was very sunny most of the day making it a little hot inside if you left curtains open when you went out for the day. There is no overhang so people on the rail above can look down into your balcony but this was not a big deal to us.   The other down side was creaks and bangs at night when the Captain wrapped up to full speed during the long line of sea days.  Once we got to the Med. the cabin was very quite at night.  There is no sounds from outside the cabin, no hall noise at all.  The sounds of the ocean from the aft are very soothing compared to mid ship in my opinion even during rough seas.  The walk from the elevator was not bad  but we like to walk anyway.  In short, we would take this cabin again in a heart beat especially on a Med cruise where the sea is smooth and the distance between ports lets the Captain coast along.

Edited by SHIP TRAVELER

The cabin near the hump is positioned under the Oceanview Cafe. I was in 2182 on this ship, just a few doors down, and found the noise from above highly irritating. There were sounds all through day and night (rolling carts, loud footfalls, clanking and clattering). If you are a light sleeper I would absolutely avoid this cabin at all costs. If you are rarely in your cabin and sleep soundly at night then it may not be an issue for you.