Carnival Mardi Gras - 1/22 Sailing live

IntrepidFromDC

My daughter, Faith, and I are so excited to finally experience Mardi Gras.  I've been memorizing the ship's deck plans and planning meals and activities for weeks and I'm so excited.  Adding to the excitement is that one of Faith's Carnival Crew friends will be on this sailing.  They talk on the phone almost daily, so it's a big deal for her when she gets to see him.  Testing is tomorrow at CVS (insert anxiety meme here).  Friday we fly out of DCA, a short subway ride from home, and arrive MCO around 2pm, then catch a uber to our hotel which is one block from Port Canaveral Cruise Terminal 3.  Friday night we'll be having dinner at Seafood Atlantic at Port Canaveral, also walking distance from the hotel.  We plan to have dinner at a different venue each night of the cruise, and mix free and pay-for lunchtime venues.  For dinner we'll be at Steakhouse, MDR (night 2 for the mini-lobsters and prime rib), Teppanyaki, Cucina, Rudi's, Chibang and then for the last night we'll hope to eat for a second time at whichever one of those six we liked best first time.  We've been to two of the three ports before, Cozumel and Isla Roatan.  I'll be sharing comments and photos here and there every day and when I do I'll look for questions.  Next up, tomorrow: test results (yikes!)

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

My daughter, Faith, and I are so excited to finally experience Mardi Gras.  I've been memorizing the ship's deck plans and planning meals and activities for weeks and I'm so excited.  Adding to the excitement is that one of Faith's Carnival Crew friends will be on this sailing.  They talk on the phone almost daily, so it's a big deal for her when she gets to see him.  Testing is tomorrow at CVS (insert anxiety meme here).  Friday we fly out of DCA, a short subway ride from home, and arrive MCO around 2pm, then catch a uber to our hotel which is one block from Port Canaveral Cruise Terminal 3.  Friday night we'll be having dinner at Seafood Atlantic at Port Canaveral, also walking distance from the hotel.  We plan to have dinner at a different venue each night of the cruise, and mix free and pay-for lunchtime venues.  For dinner we'll be at Steakhouse, MDR (night 2 for the mini-lobsters and prime rib), Teppanyaki, Cucina, Rudi's, Chibang and then for the last night we'll hope to eat for a second time at whichever one of those six we liked best first time.  We've been to two of the three ports before, Cozumel and Isla Roatan.  I'll be sharing comments and photos here and there every day and when I do I'll look for questions.  Next up, tomorrow: test results (yikes!)

Seafood Atlantic might be a little bit of a long walk from your hotel, but hopefully not, we enjoyed the MG. in November, so many places to eat and drink and relax. Enjoy the cruise, and wish good weather for you all.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hurricane0226 said:

Seafood Atlantic might be a little bit of a long walk from your hotel, but hopefully not, we enjoyed the MG. in November, so many places to eat and drink and relax. Enjoy the cruise, and wish good weather for you all.

Thanks.  We're not staying at a hotel on Astronaut Blvd., but the Holiday Inn Vacation Club Port Canaveral.  It looks like a 15 minute walk (maybe 20 minutes if we have to dodge/outrun any gators in the streets/canals).  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Thanks.  We're not staying at a hotel on Astronaut Blvd., but the Holiday Inn Vacation Club Port Canaveral.  It looks like a 15 minute walk (maybe 20 minutes if we have to dodge/outrun any gators in the streets/canals).  

Ok, kool, yes, I was thinking probably staying on Astronaut Blvd. We always stay there at the Raddison, so we drive over to those restaurants on the water, so very nice places.

• Like 2

Yay, another Mardi Gras Live!  I can't get enough of that ship.  Cucina was my favorite dinner spot on MG last month and we also liked Emeril's and Guy's Pig & Anchor Smokehouse.  We didn't make it to the steakhouse or Teppanyaki but have reservations for both in March.  The breakfast/lunch I look forward to most?  Big Chicken - so good!

Depending on where your room is located at HIVC (it's a pretty good sized resort), I'm thinking it might be closer to 25 minutes to walk to Seafood Atlantic.  Still not too bad as long as weather is good.  Right now, Friday looks OK but we're supposed to get some rain Saturday.  But the rain often skips us here at the beach, so hopefully the rain will miss you.  If it looks iffy Friday night, it's easy to get Uber or Lyft around here now.  

• Thanks 1

Oh fun! I’ve got my Mardi Gras cruise booked next month, so I’m hoping things will be similar to what you experience this sailing. I haven’t been to any of these ports, so I’m interested in following your port day adventures. Have a safe travel day and welcome to Florida!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisemom2 said:

Yay, another Mardi Gras Live!  I can't get enough of that ship.  Cucina was my favorite dinner spot on MG last month and we also liked Emeril's and Guy's Pig & Anchor Smokehouse.  We didn't make it to the steakhouse or Teppanyaki but have reservations for both in March.  The breakfast/lunch I look forward to most?  Big Chicken - so good!

Depending on where your room is located at HIVC (it's a pretty good sized resort), I'm thinking it might be closer to 25 minutes to walk to Seafood Atlantic.  Still not too bad as long as weather is good.  Right now, Friday looks OK but we're supposed to get some rain Saturday.  But the rain often skips us here at the beach, so hopefully the rain will miss you.  If it looks iffy Friday night, it's easy to get Uber or Lyft around here now.  

Very helpful info for an out-of-towner, THANKS!  Big Chicken will be our first stop when we board, after dropping of the carry-ons in the room.  25 minutes is a nice walk to me but maybe we'll catch the uber home after all those butter-drenched middle-neck clams!  Emeril's and Guy's Pig & Anchor will be not-to-be-missed lunch venues for us.  I imagine we'll eat at Big Chicken at least three times.

Edited by IntrepidFromDC
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Don't forget Emeril's, the food was excellent as was the ribs at Guy's smokehouse

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Math question of the day: Is a negative always negative? The product or quotient of two negative numbers is always positive. A negative number taken to the power of a positive integer can be either negative or positive depending on whether the exponent is even or odd.  Two negative tests for Faith and me have us positively cruising Mardi Gras!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

17 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Very close by your location....don't worry!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Math question of the day: Is a negative always negative? The product or quotient of two negative numbers is always positive. A negative number taken to the power of a positive integer can be either negative or positive depending on whether the exponent is even or odd.  Two negative tests for Faith and me have us positively cruising Mardi Gras!

Yayyy! Congrats to both of you! We will expect a full report when you get back. When are you sailing?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

It was my understanding that there would be no math.

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

Am staying in Titusville tonight and tomorrow.  COVID test tomorrow.  We drove down and went through the weather front that I think will cool things down before our departure, but that's OK, because the Alchemy Bar will warm things back up until we get south of Miami.  See you on board!!!

• Like 3

On 1/19/2022 at 8:20 PM, IntrepidFromDC said:

It’s a definitely walking distance. Not close but a straight shot.  20 minutes maybe, a nice walk

Edited by purpleally
  • Like 1