Different prices when logged in vs not logged in

Fishboy1947

Occasionally I check for price changes for my June family cruise. I went to the Princess site without logging in and saw a price drop. Since this was on the weekend I decided to wait til Monday to contact TA. Before calling on Monday I logged into my Princess account and did a cruise search for my scheduled cruise. The pricing was the old price, not the lower price.

I doubted that the price had gone back to the prior price. So I went back to the Princess site without logging in and the price was the lower price.

Contacted TA and was told the lower price was for new bookings only. Could not reprice my bookings to get lower price. Had to cancel bookings and rebook. Fortunately I was able to keep the existing 7 cabins.

5 minutes ago, Fishboy1947 said:

Occasionally I check for price changes for my June family cruise. I went to the Princess site without logging in and saw a price drop. Since this was on the weekend I decided to wait til Monday to contact TA. Before calling on Monday I logged into my Princess account and did a cruise search for my scheduled cruise. The pricing was the old price, not the lower price.

I doubted that the price had gone back to the prior price. So I went back to the Princess site without logging in and the price was the lower price.

Contacted TA and was told the lower price was for new bookings only. Could not reprice my bookings to get lower price. Had to cancel bookings and rebook. Fortunately I was able to keep the existing 7 cabins.

Your experience seems opposite the norm.  Unless it was detecting your booking.  But even that doesn't match my experience.

When you are not logged in, you see the public "list" prices.  When logged in, Princess shows any discount for Past Passengers (Captain's Circle) off the regular rates.  This is often the case.  In addition, if you received any special promotion for  particular sector such as Alaska or Europe, those are tied to your CC Member number and will show if better than the pricing others get who don't have the promo.  In short, Princess.com is supposed to show the best rates of you as identified by your CC Member number. 

If you want to check what other prices may be seen, you could use a third-party website that sells Princess as offers a selection of Fare Codes from which to pick. 

• Like 1

After seeing this, I checked on a Feb cruise I have been looking at recently.  the price when not logged in was $200 less than logged in.  this is what showed up after logging in.

Your Fares Have Changed

Here's why. If your fares are lower, we may have realized you were a past guest and eligible for different pricing. If they're higher, we may have had trouble confirming your cruise history as a past guest. Either way, if you need to tweak your profile just call 1-800-774-6237.

All fares are subject to limited availability as indicated in our terms and conditions.

UPDATED PRICING SUMMARY
Pricing Summary   New Pricing
Guest 1
$2,358.00               $2,558.00
Cruise Total
$2,358.00        $2,558.00
$160.00        $160.00
Total Price (USD)
$2,518.00   $2,718.00

we've had price variances at times when logged in, not logged in, my account or my wife's account

and sometimes, actually most times, fares are the same if my account or her account ... and we've both been on the same cruises ...