Splendor shower size: Concierge vs Penthouse

voyager1964

It appears that the Penthouse's shower is smaller on Splendor as compared to the Explorer's one. But, is it as small as the Concierge's shower? Also, it looks like there is a step to get to the bathroom from the bedroom in a Penthouse suite. How about the Concierge suite? Trying to decide for a 7-nights Caribbean cruise.

Thanks in advance.

15 hours ago, voyager1964 said:

It appears that the Penthouse's shower is smaller on Splendor as compared to the Explorer's one. But, is it as small as the Concierge's shower? Also, it looks like there is a step to get to the bathroom from the bedroom in a Penthouse suite. How about the Concierge suite? Trying to decide for a 7-nights Caribbean cruise.

Thanks in advance.

We just booked our first Regent cruise, a TA on concierge class.  We looked at PH class but all cabins were on wait-list.  The couple of YouTube videos on concierge cabins had the person step up to enter the bathroom.

Edited by pnsnkr

I just got off Splendor last week.  We were in a penthouse suite.  I honestly don't remember a step up to get into the bathroom, but a step up is pretty common on ships, so I may just not have noticed.  The shower though is huge.  Largest shower I have had on any ship, and I have sailed on all the regent ships.  It has the rainshower plus the handheld plus 6 shower heads from the sides so that you could take a shower without getting your hair wet if you wanted. 

• Like 1

We have had a PH on Explorer and Splendor. 
The shower on Explorer is better located… in the rear of bath with privacy and a bench rather than opposite the sinks.

The toilet on Explorer  was in a small room with a door for privacy. On Splendor it was next to sink. No privacy. 
The closet on Explorer is smaller than Splendor but was large enough for us. The closet on Splendor was huge. Too much space and makes the bathroom so much smaller. 
I prefer Explorer bath! 

sheila

Edited by Bellaggio Cruisers
  • Like 1

@Bellaggio CruisersSheila, thank you so much for the Splendor-Explorer comparison. Unfortunately, only Splendor sails on that itinerary.. Have you also stayed in a Concierge cabin on either Splendor or Explorer? Is its shower significantly smaller than the one on Splendor's PH?

I watched several videos and it appears that the two showers are similar in size (though the PH's one obviously is better).

10 minutes ago, voyager1964 said:

@Bellaggio CruisersSheila, thank you so much for the Splendor-Explorer comparison. Unfortunately, only Splendor sails on that itinerary.. Have you also stayed in a Concierge cabin on either Splendor or Explorer? Is its shower significantly smaller than the one on Splendor's PH?

I watched several videos and it appears that the two showers are similar in size (though the PH's one obviously is better).

Yes.. I stayed in a Concierge suite on Explorer. Did a TA. Yes.. the shower is smaller. But that’s not important. It depends on your likes and pocketbook. 
For the money, this is the best suite on any luxury ship. 
Your question should be to compare the two…

The concierge suite is one room. The PH is two rooms. Look at the floor plans. It also has a Butler. 
Your choice.  Once we stayed in a PH, we never stepped back…. Both on Explorer and Splendor. 
sheila

Edited by Bellaggio Cruisers

23 minutes ago, irishwitchy said:

Sheila,  I just have to ask - privacy with shower placement.  Are you hiding from your husband?   This just made me laugh!  Mind you my bathroom at home,  has no door from the master bedroom,  so privacy isn’t an issue with me!  

The shower placement is not the problem. It’s just very tight opposite the sinks. 
The privacy issue relates to the toilet. On the Splendor, when you are on the john and don’t close the bathroom door… not very private. Explorer had a separate door to the john. 
Glad you have no issues. I like my privacy when sitting on my throne!

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

The shower placement is not the problem. It’s just very tight opposite the sinks. 
The privacy issue relates to the toilet. On the Splendor, when you are on the john and don’t close the bathroom door… not very private. Explorer had a separate door to the john. 
Glad you have no issues. I like my privacy when sitting on my throne!

Sheila 

just want to say how much I enjoy your posts.

Sharon

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WillB said:

The shower in Penthouse B on Splendor was not only large, it hits you with multiple jets and is an awesome experience.  

Since we have been in a PH B on Splendor and Explorer…. Yes the jets are the same in both showers.
But… much more room on Explorer in the shower area. There is a bench just outside shower, with lots of room to dry and sit down. 

We had a Penthouse on Splendor.  Yes, step up into bathroom from both the bedroom and the huge walk-in closet.  The shower is amazing with the rain head, hand-held wand, and multiple side jets and plenty of room.  Yes, the throne is in the same space as sinks/shower (no separation), however, to place something on the sink counter from the throne was a long reach for me.  So, it's not a matter of being cramped---maybe only cramping your style.😁

Now that we booked an upgrade to PH-B with the full verandah on Splendor for our TA itinerary, our limited opinion just from viewing YouTube videos is that we prefer the Splendor layout. 

We are impressed by both the full verandah with loungers ( available on certain cabins on both ships ) as well as the much roomier walk-in closet.  We are OK with sacrificing bathroom space for it.  The shower stall seems to also be quite roomy and hopefully neither of us will be spending too much time on the throne for it to become bothersome.

16 hours ago, pnsnkr said:

Now that we booked an upgrade to PH-B with the full verandah on Splendor for our TA itinerary, our limited opinion just from viewing YouTube videos is that we prefer the Splendor layout. 

We are impressed by both the full verandah with loungers ( available on certain cabins on both ships ) as well as the much roomier walk-in closet.  We are OK with sacrificing bathroom space for it.  The shower stall seems to also be quite roomy and hopefully neither of us will be spending too much time on the throne for it to become bothersome.

We love the PH B on either Explorer or Splendor. We like the additional room outside vs. a C. The only difference is on Explorer, instead of two loungers there is an L shaped sofa. Take your pick….