OBC

esimon

4 hours ago, esimon said:

can you book dining etc on line with OBC?   I think the answer is no.  If you book on line and pay, will they switch to OBC for you when you get on board??

First question is NO. 

Second is "sort of".  As I understand, if you cancel pre-booked dining, the credit goes to your onboard account.  If you have extra left over after the cruise, it goes back to your credit card, so I guess in a way you do get to use your OBC when you rebook your dining reservation onboard.  Does this make sense?

Once aboard, in theory you can ask Guest Relations (the pursers office) to apply your OBC to the bookings and issue a credit.  Prior to COVID we had a situation where an accounting swap was done with the credit issued as refundable OBC.   At the end of the cruise any refundable OBC would then be credited back to one's credit card or sometimes paid out in cash (it used to depend on the amount owed).  But that was then and this is now and procedures on HAL (and other cruise lines) always seem to change.

Hank