Web Check-in Security Photo

McHaggis69

Hi - any advice appreciated.

Our cruise is 91 days away and I went online tonight to do our web checkin.

All was fine with the form other than uploading or taking a security photo.

The guidance is pretty basic and at first I got a message the files were too big - 250k max.

I've reduced the size of the photos and am now getting an error message every time I try to upload them.

When I hit next to go to the next stage I get the same error when trying to upload my wifes photo and this message -

"You haven’t filled all the necessary information for the passenger of the cruise, the documents will be ready as soon as you provide all the data needed".

Anyone advise what might be going wrong?

28 minutes ago, McHaggis69 said:

The guidance is pretty basic and at first I got a message the files were too big - 250k max.

I've reduced the size of the photos and am now getting an error message every time I try to upload them.

When I hit next to go to the next stage I get the same error when trying to upload my wifes photo and this message -

"You haven’t filled all the necessary information for the passenger of the cruise, the documents will be ready as soon as you provide all the data needed".

They will take a new picture.

Hi i didnt get as far as taking the security photo...i started filling out web check in filled out my name address my passport number and issuing date etc...then i filled out emergency contact name and when i go to fill out the emergency number which i put the 1 before the number it will not let me go any further i get this red circle with a line across it which is telling me it is an error...but when i try to do it over get the samething.....anyone else get this type of error....it will not let me proceed and i am putting everything in correctly..

Don't worry about the security photo upload. It doesn't ever seem to work. They will take necessary photos at the check-in desk in the cruise terminal.

As for phone numbers, I recall having to play around with it. Make sure just numbers and no dashes within any phone numbers. The 1 for the United States/Canada should work though.

On 1/22/2022 at 4:46 PM, McHaggis69 said:

I had the same error. Instead of uploading a picture, I just had each family member stand in front of the camera on my computer and used the "take photo" button on their website instead. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

We are currently having the same problem. I have resized the photos to the correct size, and still get an error uploading the photo. So we tried to use the "take photo" button but that isn't working either. 

I understand that they will take a photo at the port, but I just want to confirm that even though the website says we haven't completed web check-in because we have not uploaded the photo (the other information is definitely there), we will still get our boarding passes/other info necessary regardless, correct? 

Thanks!

Believe it or not MSC's phone service is far better now than before the mess of the past 2 years.  Most of the travel industry is the opposite.  I have been on hold over 4 hours several times on a couple of different airlines.  I have had MSC pick up within 5 minutes the past 3 times I have called.  Keep in mind that you get different answers from every agent.  I called 2 days ago and told them that I couldnt move forward with my checkin because of the security photo.  They "pushed" the checkin and told me they would take care of the photo at checkin at the port.  I struggled with pictures in October but eventually got them accepted.  When I got to the port they took new pics.  MSC knows that their website sucks.  Dont worry about it.  Good luck  

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Number34 said:

Can you explain how you generate the cruise docs without uploading photos? I have completed all of the passenger details but photos will not upload. When I try to get docs it won’t let me!

Most common cause is phone numbers, make sure your dropping the leading zero when using +44, other causes are addresses, make sure you use the dropdown boxes to select things (when available) and not typed directly.

Dont sweat it, just off Meraviglia last week, couldn't get beyond personal info & emergency contact. We turned up with screenshots of our info from the app.

They took our photos & gave us health questionnaire at check in.

Add your credit card at the machines in the atrium onboard. 

Thanks, that’s reassuring as we leave from Marseille in 18 days.  Have asked my TA if he can get some docs. It’s not made easier by also having to arrange a pre-embarkation Covid test within the 48 hour window before boarding and having to find somewhere in Marseille to do it!

I decided to call MSC and was pleasantly surprised to get through to an agent within 10 minutes. I explained the problem with uploading photos and was told that it was a known error and, as has been stated by earlier posters, that pictures would be taken at the port. This was good although if the error is known about why don’t they alter the web page? I was then told that even though the site said I had completed the check-in that it was not!  They had to have details of my travel insurance, ie policy and contact numbers, to complete it. I provided this and was told that my documents would be sent to me via my travel agent. This was again puzzling as there is no section to add insurance data on the website!

I am confused!

• 11 months later...

Friends,

I have managed to upload the photos of self and wife.  All done.....cute looking green ticks for 'passenger data' AND 'security photo'.  Next page shows options for MSC to send the documents to my email.  But, then comes an admonition in dark pink letters "

IMMEDIATE ACTION: We kindly ask you to complete the health questionnaire and accept our passage contract as quickly as possible. Please enter your booking details below, access the web check-in and locate the health questionnaire section as well as the passage contract. 

What now?!  I can't find the health questionnaire and passage contact anywhere.

My cruise is 80 days away.

WILL I BE SENT THE HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE ETC 'within 20 days of my cruise departure'?

Someone, kindly enlighten.

Warm regards from India,

Rakesh

We are having the same problem as yours even though the past 2 cruises we went through very easy and was able to know the check-in time and printed document tickets after completing the check in. 

Per MSC web within 20 days of departure we would be able to PRINT THE CRUISE TICKETS.  At this point we are under 50 days so we will need to wait a little longer if can't the TA will have to print the documents for us.  MSC is changing their procedures constantly.  Such a hassle!!  

On 3/21/2023 at 10:37 AM, RM72 said:

Friends,

I have managed to upload the photos of self and wife.  All done.....cute looking green ticks for 'passenger data' AND 'security photo'.  Next page shows options for MSC to send the documents to my email.  But, then comes an admonition in dark pink letters "

IMMEDIATE ACTION: We kindly ask you to complete the health questionnaire and accept our passage contract as quickly as possible. Please enter your booking details below, access the web check-in and locate the health questionnaire section as well as the passage contract. 

What now?!  I can't find the health questionnaire and passage contact anywhere.

My cruise is 80 days away.

WILL I BE SENT THE HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE ETC 'within 20 days of my cruise departure'?

Someone, kindly enlighten.

Warm regards from India,

Rakesh

Try completing it in the MSC For Me app. Works much better than the website.

Edited by AviationInScale

• 10 months later...

Absolutely the worst web check-in process ever.  There is no way to take a photo and pick time due to it.  called and they were not very helpful, we were able to get the tickets but they could not change anything at all, he just kept saying to go on line and keep trying.  Not very good service.  Little worried about this cruise line now, not getting good vibes.  Will update if any changes

7 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Don’t worry about the picture, they will probably retake it anyway.  EM

Last week on the Seashore was the first time they did not re-take my picture at check in. They just used the one I uploaded, which looked terrible, lol.

They also asked for the completed health questionnaire for the first time in at least a year.  The check-in agent even reminded another agent that they had gotten a notice to start collecting the questionnaire or asking the health questions.

4 hours ago, Lupush said:

I'm having an issue with the passport scanning on the app.  First time cruising MSC and unbelievably frustrated with this web check in process thus far.  

i just came here to search and found you have EXACT same problem as us...i was able to get wife checked in WITH picture taking on laptop working, then tried to do mine and NOTHING...the camera comes on with me on screen, but no "you are too close...or you are high, get lower" like my wife got when taking her pcture. I guess I will try again tomorrow, and if doesn't work will just show up with out being checked in! We cruise out of Southampton England on March 8.

I also tried on my Iphone, but there don't even get a picture screen...just blank.

• Like 1