Door Decor

eltigre

OK so I Do decorate the outside of my Cabin Door and have been doing it for Years.

My Decoration of choice is Frig. Magnets with funny sayings. Nothing Personal or Political.

Look. every cruise ship passageway is a boring line of identical door so My feeling is having something that could be Fun to Read on your way makes things less tedious?

I found many of my fellow passengers appreciated the humor on their repeated treks up and down those long halls.

All the cabin stewards found them fun as they are working in that same space day after day.

One of my Favorites is "No Man has ever been Shot while doing Dishes"😘

On a recent cruise someone liked that on so much they swiped (Removed) it?

So I posted this Note on my door.

To the person who took my Magnet- "All you accomplished by removing my magnet was to deprive others of reading something that could make them smile or brighten their Day"

2 days later it found it's way home.........

• Like 5

3 hours ago, D. B. said:

OK so I Do decorate the outside of my Cabin Door and have been doing it for Years.

My Decoration of choice is Frig. Magnets with funny sayings. Nothing Personal or Political.

One of my Favorites is "No Man has ever been Shot while doing Dishes"😘

On a recent cruise someone liked that on so much they swiped (Removed) it?

So I posted this Note on my door.

To the person who took my Magnet- "All you accomplished by removing my magnet was to deprive others of reading something that could make them smile or brighten their Day"

2 days later it found it's way home.........

My husband's grandparents had that magnet on their refrigerator. It was the only thing I would have wanted after they died. I don't think I ever mentioned it out loud, though, and  it got tossed. I probably would have kept it in a junk drawer, not displayed it, but it would have made me smile every time I saw it. They were lovely people, with fun senses of humor. 

I promise, I'm not the person who swiped and returned your magnet, but I do appreciate you sparking the memory for me. Thanks. 

• Like 1

I am puzzled by the animosity that some express against Door Decor.  It is fun for some, and non-infringing on those who don't enjoy it.  My last cruise, it was Halloween and there was someone who decorated his/her door with several pairs of boots and witches' hat magnets.  It brought a smile to my face every time I walked by.  

I only do Door Decor for Christmas, when I put candy canes on my cabin door.  The canes were depleted daily (and I renewed them daily as well).  I plan to do this again for Christmas next month.  If you are on the Solstice Christmas cruise, feel free to take a cane from my door; they will be up to be taken by anyone, especially children!

• Like 1

During our recent 15 night TA cruise aboard Constellation which sailed during Halloween, I pretty much walked past every stateroom door on the ship because my wife and I delivered items to multiple roll call member's cabins on two different occasions.  I actually did a large sampling count on different decks and noted that 15% of the cabin doors were decorated one way or another.  Also it appeared that the percentage was higher among our roll call members.

• 7 months later...
On 10/3/2022 at 12:24 PM, mailmama said:

I love seeing all the decorations! Livens up a boring long walk down the halls!!

I don’t need to be entertained everywhere I go, even walking down a hall, but still am thinking if a tiny “flair” item. But just for the family, not to keep other cruise ship passengers from getting bored, ya know, on a cruise ship. 

Yes, we post a daily 8x10 picture to our door simply announcing which port we're in, as in "If it's Tuesday, we must be in St. John", etc.  Helps up keep our days straight.  Our neighbors seem to appreciate it as well.  We use magnets to affix them to our door.

Edited by CaribbeanBound
  • Like 1

On 1/22/2022 at 6:56 PM, eltigre said:

Using removable decorations, no tape etc to damage door, does anyone decorate their cabin doors?

I have seen some awesome decorations on other lines & to be honest I enjoy planning a theme for my cabin.(:

We decorate our door with magnets.  Fun stuff, not flashy or trashy.  Most don’t see them though as we’re usually in sunset verandas and few pass our cabin lol😆😆

• Like 1

On 6/19/2023 at 6:23 PM, MisterMet said:

We decorate our door with magnets.  Fun stuff, not flashy or trashy.  Most don’t see them though as we’re usually in sunset verandas and few pass our cabin lol😆😆

IMG_7525.jpeg

• Like 1

I find it a tad depressing that some folks need to judge a little light-hearted fun...but I'll get over it...lol...

Maybe I should put up a different pic than my little travel gnome...(maybe a flamingo?? Oh, no, those are also verboten I guess...)

My goodness... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 6/20/2023 at 11:29 PM, dlh015 said:

I find it a tad depressing that some folks need to judge a little light-hearted fun...but I'll get over it...lol...

Maybe I should put up a different pic than my little travel gnome...(maybe a flamingo?? Oh, no, those are also verboten I guess...)

My goodness... 

Next they'll be complaining about shorts in the dining room 😉

On our recent cruise on Beyond,  there were a number of advertisements on doors from a travel agency.  I assumed the cruisers had booked with this company.  There was no means of identifying the occupants but only the name  of the travel agency.  We counted 16 on our floor alone.  Tacky... Those were the only "decorations" we saw on our floor.  

• Like 1

Just now, keesar said:

On our recent cruise on Beyond,  there were a number of advertisements on doors from a travel agency.  I assumed the cruisers had booked with this company.  There was no means of identifying the occupants but only the name  of the travel agency.  We counted 16 on our floor alone.  Tacky... Those were the only "decorations" we saw on our floor.  

Wow. I'd hope it was people booked with them. If I get something like that on my door, it's being taken to guest services and reported because advertising like that is tacky.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, keesar said:

Yuck.  Like flyers put on your windshield.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, keesar said:

I'm guessing door "decor" such as TA advertisements is the reason for the X prohibition of any door adornments, along with anything offensive or secured with adhesive that may leave residue.  No problem with the fun and festive decorations. 

• Like 1