Optum out of stock - Emed purchase problem Question

Mullwi

Hi all, I was holding to purchase tests to make sure we were going on 2/5 trip. We are 🙂. ( I know bad decision so you don’t have to tell me LOL). Optum has been out of stock for several days and says back after 1/25. I decided to buy the six pack on emed even though it is just my husband and me. I figured I could let one of my adult kids use the extras for a cruise at some point. however, you have to put names, DOB… for testers in. I put my husband’s and my names, but it requires a third name before proceeding. Anyone have that happen? 

also, I have seen a few people report they have had to go back to add middle name to first name box at testing to match passport, but in don’t want to risk messing up now since box specifically says first name. Has anyone done recently and found that?

Thanks for your advice!

7 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I need to order some more for our March cruise. What has been the manufacturer and expiration dates of the ones coming in?

eMed uses the Abbott Binax Now tests.

Edited by orville99

The expiration dates, according to the Optum customer service person I talked to a few weeks ago, are November/December 2022.  I called to make sure they would cover all my cruise and family travel dates.  I then ordered 8 for myself, and they expire 11/15/22.

Edited by pcur

26 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I'd be shocked if we see testing go away before 2023. The CDC will guilt the cruise lines into keeping it

If the current restrictions remain until 2023, there will not be any cruise lines that survive bankruptcy.

• Like 1

UGH, I ordered the e-med six pack.  I went through whole process and entered my credit card and everything seemed fine, but them got time out error. I redid, but the second time the order took, it said prescription required and emed coordinator would have to review so status says open - pending.  I’m almost certain I clicked for cruise travel. Has that happened to anyone?

24 minutes ago, Mullwi said:

UGH, I ordered the e-med six pack.  I went through whole process and entered my credit card and everything seemed fine, but them got time out error. I redid, but the second time the order took, it said prescription required and emed coordinator would have to review so status says open - pending.  I’m almost certain I clicked for cruise travel. Has that happened to anyone?

That is a standard message.  You should soon get an email saying all approved and ready. My approval email both times came like 5 minutes after the order confirmation email.  

Edited by micruiser2002

1 hour ago, Mullwi said:

That happens to everyone. It will take a day for them to process and write the scrip. You should get a confirmation sometime tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, Great 2 B at Sea said:

We ordered our Covid-19 test kits from Quest Diagnostics on Friday, and they are coming tomorrow.  Just another place to consider ordering from, should you need to.  🙂 

Hopefully they are the proctored tests.  I am not sure those are acceptable by the cruiseline.  You either have to take a test at a pharmacy or Dr. office where someone watches you or you have to do an at home test with a video observation while you are doing the test.

Edited by micruiser2002