On Reflection now and it is Incredible

1620rock

We are on the current Reflection sailing and having a great cruise. Only around 800 passengers and 1000 crew.  Don’t remember the exact numbers but it is totally different cruise experience.  We are very Covid conscience but feel very comfortable as we always wear mask anyway so that is not an issue for us.  With the lower passenger count we are able to distance from others that don’t.  We have not heard of any confirmed passenger Covid cases which is excellent and we feel safer onboard than back in Boston where cases are very high. 

We are in St Lucia now so using Verizon travel pass to post.   We only have surf and that has been fine for email and slow browsing.  Have had issues with iMessages so if you only have the surf internet maybe download What’s App before your cruise if you don’t want to pay for the Stream upgrade or visit the iLoungue frequently to fix the issue.  

Crew have been excellent very friendly and we were able to change our Move Up balcony cabin after we felt too much vibration in our assigned cabin.  Moved up one deck to 8227 and very happy with the location. 

There has  been one show every night at 9 with a variety of entertainment and plenty of activities onboard during sea days.  Dining has been good to very good but the highlight of the cruise has been the lack of crowding and the excellent and friendly service.

We have had some high winds but it has been smooth cruising.  So if you are asking yourself should I cruise or cancel I would say cruise 🚢 as it has been amazing and don’t think that these low occupancy cruises will continue.  I have been working at home since March 2020 and mainly isolating at home but took a leap of faith to trust Celebrity’s health protocols and the same practices we do at home.  So glad that we did and living  being back at sea and in the Caribbean.

Happy to answer any questions but not to debate about masking requirements etc. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 7

Hi, we are on the cruise with you and agree that the cruise is great. We are in a SS1, corner aft cabin and the Retreat Staff have have went way beyond what we expected (now we need to dig up some extra tip money LOL). Per the Cruise Director, there are 841 passengers and near 950 crew members. Therefore, better than a 1 to 1 crew vs. passenger ratio. 

If you are on the fence about cruising now is the time to go.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Not wanting to debate, just wondering whether masks are mandatory on your cruise.  We were on Reflection in early December and it was one of our favorite voyages ever.

Say hey to Dmytro in the World Class Bar.  An outstanding young man.

We were on the Reflection for the Jan 2, 10 day cruise.  In spite of 3 of 5 ports being replaced with others, we had a WONDERFUL and SAFE time!  Roughly 23 of 2200 passengers and crew on board diagnosed/isolated.  Still felt really safe.  Yes, as someone else noted, masks were required, but no big deal.

Edited by capsplace
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, IBookHePays said:

So glad to hear your positive comments.  We will be on the Reflection on 
Feb 12th, and although some ports have changed (or probably will be changed), we are just excited to be back at sea.  

I hope you have a great cruise. The crew are all eager  Our ports haven’t changed so far but ship tours are required for St Lucia, Barbados and Antigua.

5 minutes ago, PennStateMom said:

Masks everywhere or just indoors?  

All public places, unless eating, drinking or in pool.  So, that means when you leave your cabin, get on an elevator, walk to a bar or restaurant or pool or your pool chair, in the shops and on your way to the theatre.  You might be OK in open air areas on deck.  We always wore ours, just to be extra safe.  Once seated in the theatre, with a drink, no mask.

Edited by capsplace
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, PennStateMom said:

Masks everywhere or just indoors?  

Some folks wear them always but many do not on deck and they crew do not act as mask police but it is repeated daily in the morning announcements and the crew are very good about wearing well fitting masks at all times. 

With so few guests there is plenty of room to spread out both on deck and indoors.  Even with a full ship we have always found we can find a quiet area on deck if desired.  Some guests “forget” their masks or they have “slipped” to their chin.   We just keep our distance and and move to another area as we have done  at home and even though masks are not required most places. We choose seats at the buffet that are far from others if possible and their is plenty of tables available in the aft desk by the Oceanview cafe for outside dining.   In the dining room we we requested and were given a distanced table for-two. 

• Like 5

@1620rock Thanks for the positive report. We also live in Boston, and we're booked on the March 19th sailing of the Reflection. Very much looking forward to it. Like you, we're very Covid conscious and used to wearing masks - at least indoors - at home, and feel more comfortable with that protocol in place.  I hope you continue to have a great cruise, and will look forward to any other thoughts you care to share. Happy sailing! 👍🚢

3 minutes ago, hiccups said:

Frustrating to hear that people are trying to skirt the mask requirement.  I'd have hoped for better.

Much easier and better for your mental health to just take yourself out of a situation you're not comfortable with than getting upset at people not following the rules. 

• Like 7

Just now, 1620rock said:

151D1868-1BC1-4F8C-800F-45367C734535.thumb.jpeg.d45b48c6cfabb1fcd16eec96903b5316.jpeg

Just confirmed according to daily masks not required outdoors.  We wear them around others but that’s all folks for mask 😷 questions. 

We enjoyed room service breakfast this morning and they nicely brought all the items I wrote in such as greek yogurt and  almond croissants which are the best.  Nice and flaky

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CruisnDeb said:

Are paper daily programs still delivered to your stateroom each evening? If not, can you still get one from guest services?  I know the daily activities are on the app, but when I cruise I don’t like keeping my phone with me. 

Yes delivered daily at turn down.  I like them too 😀

9 minutes ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

@1620rock Thanks for the positive report. We also live in Boston, and we're booked on the March 19th sailing of the Reflection. Very much looking forward to it. Like you, we're very Covid conscious and used to wearing masks - at least indoors - at home, and feel more comfortable with that protocol in place.  I hope you continue to have a great cruise, and will look forward to any other thoughts you care to share. Happy sailing! 👍🚢

How is the weather there? Our daughter is  watching our dog and said it was 10 degrees yesterday.  She said he releived  ced himself and headed back in the the house 😃 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Do you happen to know if Deck 3 is quarantine deck?  We have friends booked in 3119 and hear they are using cabins on deck 3 being close to medical. I wonder if we will be bumped.  I don’t expect you to check, just asking in case you happen to notice.  

have a great cruise.  We live the Reflection and look forward to sailing on her again next month.