Online Check-in changes/disappearances?? Vax card no longer required??

PAGA

B2B Feb 5 & 12 Apex…checked in for both Jan 15. A few days later, vax cards were “approved/accepted”

Jan 23 received email saying “check in for your cruise”

Double checked this morning - Jan 24: vax card upload requirement disappeared from

both sailings (not my submission, which I know was happening to some - but rather the entire requirement to upload the card) and the entire check-in for Feb 12 (2nd leg of B2B) needs re-done. 
Any clue what’s going on? Is Celebrity getting rid of their vaccination requirements now that CDC sailing order is voluntary? 
I’m hoping this is a computer/programming  glitch, and not a change of course…

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PAGA said:

B2B Feb 5 & 12 Apex…checked in for both Jan 15. A few days later, vax cards were “approved/accepted”

Jan 23 received email saying “check in for your cruise”

Double checked this morning - Jan 24: vax card upload requirement disappeared from

both sailings (not my submission, which I know was happening to some - but rather the entire requirement to upload the card) and the entire check-in for Feb 12 (2nd leg of B2B) needs re-done. 
Any clue what’s going on? Is Celebrity getting rid of their vaccination requirements now that CDC sailing order is voluntary? 
I’m hoping this is a computer/programming  glitch, and not a change of course…

I'm on one of those sailings and it is in my app I can assure you Celebrity has NOT changed their requirements overnight. 

Each guest should have also received the email below reiterating the requirements. 

VACCINATION POLICY
All sailings departing the U.S. are subject to guidance from the CDC. As such, Celebrity Cruises will require vaccine eligible guests to be fully vaccinated with all initial doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. Guests with a mixed series of any two of the following vaccines taken within a minimum of 28 days between doses, will also be considered fully vaccinated:
 Pfizer    Johnson & Johnson    Sinovac
 Moderna    AstraZeneca    Sinopharm
 Covaxin        
Youths who have received one dose of a vaccine (other than Johnson & Johnson) will not be considered fully vaccinated. COVID-19 Booster Vaccine shots are not required to sail on Celebrity Cruises.
PRE-ARRIVAL COVID-19 TEST
• VACCINATED GUESTS:
Must present a negative Antigen or PCR test conducted within two days of boarding the ship.
• UNVACCINATED CHILDREN 2 TO 11 YEARS OLD:
Must present a negative PCR test conducted within three days of boarding the ship. An additional COVID-19 Antigen test will be administered in the terminal before boarding and on the day before disembarkation. A test registration link is included in this email.

The CDC has advised unvaccinated guests cannot be tested twice in one day as it may affect the accuracy of the test results, therefore the COVID-19 test required before arriving at the terminal cannot be taken on boarding day. Pre-arrival testing must be completed by an authorized provider at your own expense
Edited by Islandhop9
Typo

I am on that same sailing. Doing a B2B.  I checked in and uploaded photos of the vac card.   When I go into the app it says verified and approved. 

Everyday I get a message left on my phone and emails telling me that I need to input my vaccination status.  

I called X to have them stop sending that stuff.   The rep said that he doesn’t have access as it went thru a TA and they would have to call and handle it.  

From my previous cruise in Dec it really doesn’t matter as we still had to show our cards at the terminal a few times along with the Covid test 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

Agree with the above.  It’s Celebrity’s typical IT issue where the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing. I also kept getting nearly daily emails about it after uploading twice.

From my experience in December, there’s no need to upload or respond to the emails requesting vaccine cards. It’s all handled at the port at checkin-in. From my interaction, I’m pretty certain the port staff don’t have access to what we submitted. 

Edited by dcbiker97

57 minutes ago, miched said:

I am on that same sailing. Doing a B2B.  I checked in and uploaded photos of the vac card.   When I go into the app it says verified and approved. 

Everyday I get a message left on my phone and emails telling me that I need to input my vaccination status.  

I called X to have them stop sending that stuff.   The rep said that he doesn’t have access as it went thru a TA and they would have to call and handle it.  

From my previous cruise in Dec it really doesn’t matter as we still had to show our cards at the terminal a few times along with the Covid test 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Like I mentioned in OP, it’s not that they’re requesting me to upload vax card. The whole vax card “field” is gone in both reservations (after I previously uploaded to both reservations AND saw the “approved” notation a few days later)…as you can see in image, there is nothing between “arrival time” and “health & safety” where the “upload vaccine card” field should be. 

I’m guessing just a glitch…but slightly different than the one others experienced. IDK 🤷‍♀️ 

6587FC28-E448-4F00-8A65-A34D4680F536.jpeg

Edited by PAGA

1 hour ago, Islandhop9 said:

I'm on one of those sailings and it is in my app I can assure you Celebrity has NOT changed their requirements overnight. 

Each guest should have also received the email below reiterating the requirements. 

VACCINATION POLICY
All sailings departing the U.S. are subject to guidance from the CDC. As such, Celebrity Cruises will require vaccine eligible guests to be fully vaccinated with all initial doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. Guests with a mixed series of any two of the following vaccines taken within a minimum of 28 days between doses, will also be considered fully vaccinated:
 Pfizer    Johnson & Johnson    Sinovac
 Moderna    AstraZeneca    Sinopharm
 Covaxin        
Youths who have received one dose of a vaccine (other than Johnson & Johnson) will not be considered fully vaccinated. COVID-19 Booster Vaccine shots are not required to sail on Celebrity Cruises.
PRE-ARRIVAL COVID-19 TEST
• VACCINATED GUESTS:
Must present a negative Antigen or PCR test conducted within two days of boarding the ship.
• UNVACCINATED CHILDREN 2 TO 11 YEARS OLD:
Must present a negative PCR test conducted within three days of boarding the ship. An additional COVID-19 Antigen test will be administered in the terminal before boarding and on the day before disembarkation. A test registration link is included in this email.

The CDC has advised unvaccinated guests cannot be tested twice in one day as it may affect the accuracy of the test results, therefore the COVID-19 test required before arriving at the terminal cannot be taken on boarding day. Pre-arrival testing must be completed by an authorized provider at your own expense

Yup. Received that email. And I have sailed on Celebrity since the re-start, so I’m familiar with what to expect. Just surprised to see vax card gone from Both B2B check-ins…and 2nd week check-in completely disappear. Felt like a systematic change is in progress and freaked me out because we already had to postpone trip once. Hopefully just a basic IT glitch!!

1 hour ago, PAGA said:

Like I mentioned in OP, it’s not that they’re requesting me to upload vax card. The whole vax card “field” is gone in both reservations (after I previously uploaded to both reservations AND saw the “approved” notation a few days later)…as you can see in image, there is nothing between “arrival time” and “health & safety” where the “upload vaccine card” field should be. 

I’m guessing just a glitch…but slightly different than the one others experienced. IDK 🤷‍♀️ 

6587FC28-E448-4F00-8A65-A34D4680F536.jpeg

It was that way after we uploaded cards for our October cruise and they were accepted.

We did check-in for our 2/5 & 2/12 sailing and after the  uploaded cards were accepted that part of check-in no longer appears.  

5 minutes ago, jelayne said:

It was that way after we uploaded cards for our October cruise and they were accepted.

We did check-in for our 2/5 & 2/12 sailing and after the  uploaded cards were accepted that part of check-in no longer appears.  

Thank you for sharing that you have also seen the same pattern!!

For our Nov ‘21 cruise, we’d completed all the check-in as all are saying except the health questionnaire to be done a few days prior. Including adding the Vax Cards. later, got the same emails and same on the App that it wasn’t completed. I didn’t touch it because I had a nice early time to check-in and I thought if I started it all again, I’d lose that….probably not, but. 

So when got to the time to do the health report, completed that. Showed up at the Pier. Showed them the checkin sheet my Vax card(s) and all went very smoothly. No issues.

the App worked OK onboard. Except I wish you could add your own info onto the Calendar when you wish and it beeped when you got a message/text. I used my own calendar for the extra info, but would be handier. 

So don’t sweat it. Just do what you can on the thing prior and plan on a smooth check-in pierside. 

Den

• Like 2

If the Celebrity app is working normally  - not very well - you can always simply check in at the pier.  Drop your bags with the porters and they will tag.  Note we always tape our cabin # to the bags.  Then go inside with your documents.  Almost as fast at the pier and definitely faster and less aggravation if online is not cooperating