Has anyone booked Jubilee out of Galveston?

firefly333

15 minutes ago, maryann2 said:

We know what happened to the sister ship The Costa Concordia.

But what about the Captain?

The captain of the Costa Concordia, Francesco Schettino was found guilty of manslaughter in 2016 and sentenced to 16 years in prison. Francesco Schettino was given 10 years for multiple manslaughters, 5 years for causing a shipwreck, and 1 year for abandoning the passengers at the time of the sinking.

Guest BasicSailor
7 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

But what about the Captain?

The captain of the Costa Concordia, Francesco Schettino was found guilty of manslaughter in 2016 and sentenced to 16 years in prison. Francesco Schettino was given 10 years for multiple manslaughters, 5 years for causing a shipwreck, and 1 year for abandoning the passengers at the time of the sinking.

I remember the news media stated, Schettino was requested to return to the ship to help with getting passengers off the ship, after leaving on a lifeboat. Schettino responded with " No I can do that from here".

20 hours ago, NightOne said:

I've seen the island where they are working on that but it looks like it is still going to require tendering from to the mainland but will be from the island instead of directly from the ship. I don't know all the facts on this but that would seem to still exclude the huge ships.

This sounds crazy but one of the guys working the tender on two different occasions  in Belize said the plan is to have a roadway built out to that island- like in Progresso I guess- then bus service running back and forth. It sounds crazy but I've heard that twice now. Of course, that being "the plan" doesn't mean it will happen. 

Guest BasicSailor
9 hours ago, TravelBluebird said:

Yes, that is the Jubilee!

Yes, I had forgotten that Aida was under the Carnival umbrella,

• Carnival Cruise Line. The most recognizable of Carnival’s brands,
  • Princess Cruises. This is not only Carnival’s largest premium cruise line, Princess Cruises is the largest premium cruise line in the world.
  • Holland America Line. This line was started in 1873 and offers 14 mid-size cruise ships. ...
  • Seabourn. The Seabourn cruising experience focuses on smaller ships that are both luxurious and refined. ...
  • Cunard. With three ocean liners in its fleet, Cunard is known for both it’s history and excellence in maritime travel.
  • AIDA Cruises. You might have seen these ships with the lips while out at sea. ...
  • Costa Cruises. With cruises mostly in Europe, South America, and the Caribbean at this time, Costa Cruises has a fleet of 15 cruise ships.
  • P&O Cruises (UK) One of the most popular cruise brands in the UK, P&O Cruises UK began in 1837. ...
  • P&O Cruises (Australia) This is the leading cruise line in Australia and offers more sailings to destinations in Australia and the South Pacific than any other brand.

If I could book nov 18 for under 1k, I'd join the islanders group, but not for current prices. Maybe prices will drop. I'll keep watch, long way off. I'll take a SNJ inside Havana special thanks. 

At these prices allure wins hands down. Jubilee prices will eventually drop.