Virgin Revamping Its Cabins Already . Is That a Fail ?

richstowe

Its been announced that Virgin is refreshing its Scarlet Lady cabins already . Plus they are making changes to Valiant Lady before it even sails .

That's shocking to me . I understand they were trying to be new and innovative but did they try too hard to reinvent the wheel ? 

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/6715/

I think it is good that they are listening to feedback and acting fast. I have booked Rockstar cabin and it looked fine for me. However I noticed there is only one three door closet and no drawers for storing stuff. So I think it is good that they are adding some more storage space to the cabins.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, benjaminnicholas said:

We sailed in one of these new rooms on the Christmas voyage.

They didn't reinvent the wheel here.  It's new accents.  It was fine.

How was the new "storage"? When I sailed on Scarlet I saw the work being done and was nosey and looked and did not see closet changes.

Edited by jaxcruisinguy
add quote

It’s amazing a cruise line listened to customers and acted early to make changes. I loved the cabin design and am sure the updates will only make it better. My cabin had additional drawers so well designed as part of the bed frame I only found them by accident my last night. 

• Like 2

This is just an example of them paying attention to feedback from the initial round of cruisers.  I found out on a facebook group that they implemented some feedback I had submitted as well, so it really does seem like they are listening and that is a great quality to have. 

The thing I had suggested is a shipwide scavenger hunt activity - which is now in place with the art around the ship. Very excited to try it on our next cruise!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ociana said:

This is just an example of them paying attention to feedback from the initial round of cruisers.  I found out on a facebook group that they implemented some feedback I had submitted as well, so it really does seem like they are listening and that is a great quality to have. 

The thing I had suggested is a shipwide scavenger hunt activity - which is now in place with the art around the ship. Very excited to try it on our next cruise!

That sounds like a lot of fun, glad to hear it's starting.

• Like 1

Not a fail at all, a huge WIN. It means they are actively listening to their guests and instead of waiting years for a full retrofit, they're making the changes now. Most other cruise lines would gather the information and then years down the road when the ship goes into drydock, make the updates to huge fanfare. Virgin just saw that maybe their cabins were a little too 'modern and stark' and saw they could warm them up easily and quickly. How Virgin listened to their guests and have made adjustments so quickly makes me that much more excited to finally sail on Scarlet Lady in July. 

• Like 3

I'm glad people consider this a sign that Virgin is listening to feedback .

6 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

i-phone 13 because previous versions were a fail?

If 14 was announced as 13 was still being rolled out why then, YES !! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Raiders4Life32 said:

Under your bed like nearly every other cruise ship. 

So it still fits in the couch configuration?  (Which is unlike nearly every other cruise ship)

1 hour ago, Nymich said:

So it still fits in the couch configuration?  (Which is unlike nearly every other cruise ship)

They keep it primarily in bed mode unless you request it to be converted into a couch. There’s room for your standard sized bags to slide underneath. 

• 2 weeks later...