If you test positive at the dock, DEMAND another test

PSR

7 hours ago, DAllenTCY said:

The OP stated  "Today we received an official email from the company that provided the testing on the dock. My official antigen result was NEGATIVE, not positive, and we should have been allowed to cruise."  

I presume that "Today" was January 25th....9 days later than the test?  

Did they reply due to a request from you?

David

No. The email on Jan. 25th was totally unexpected. Not sure why we got it, except that I had previously opened up an account on their (DocGo) website. I don't know if anyone else boarding that day has gotten any results from them. Actually, I hadn't thought of this (why did we get this?) until you just asked. I assumed everyone with an email address had gotten one. Of course, most of those people are still cruising.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

Did the testing company admit that they had switched results with another passenger's result for the OP's results? Or was it just that they misread the OP's results?

Neither. There was nothing in the report except the results. I don't think the report had anything to do with the error. It was just a lab report like you get for any medical condition.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

So - was it a mistake in the report or were the positive results assumed to be for another passenger?

I would prefer to hear from the OP.

I do not know the answer to those questions. I did assume that my results were switched with another, but do not know that for sure. The result from the pier test (which I would assume was the same as the results sent to me, since it's date and time (12:05pm 1/16/22)  were accurate) was not the same as reported to me at pier, so there was some kind of procedural error from the test "tent" to whoever was processing test failures for HAL. We were given  group number slips (ours was #14) and the number was put on a white piece of paper which we gave to the person who actually performed the test. I think my name was on the sheet (it's all a blur) which was left at the tent.

I do not know what happened to that sheet, but I suspect that could be the source of the problem.

Edited by PSR
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, zgscl said:

This is what really concerns me. If they did indeed let someone positive through that could explain why there are so many positive cases onboard during the retest (though it is impossible to stop 100% of cases given the incubation period). 

The OP has now changed their story from #37. This did not happen according to their latest post #53.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, PSR said:

...Because I had an account with DocGo, I was quickly able to get the printout of my result at home yesterday. Boy, was I surprised!…

DocGo was in the news just yesterday. A whistleblower was telling of mixups (not with testing, but something else). Interesting.

Edited by syesmar

I  missed my Hawaii cruise with Princess. Tested positive at CVS and my husband was negative.

The nurse at CVS had me come back in and repeat the antigen test and it was positive again. Glad they caught it before we were tested at the pier.

I just had a PCR test, yesterday results came back negative. I had isolated for 10 days.

There are mistakes and they should have repeated the poster's test.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, igraf said:

This was strictly human error and had nothing to do with the accuracy of the test, and you seem to be unconcerned that the result of this error was that an actively contagious person was allowed on board.  How many passengers onboard are now going to be infected and quarantined (and thus ruin their cruise) because of this?

igraf

Please read the thread carefully. It was implied by the OP that a passenger was mistakenly allowed to board that was infected.  In actuality - that did not happen. The OP clarified the actual event in #53.

• Like 1

I would like to thank the OP for bringing to my attention that this type of error can happen, regardless of the reason or who might be at fault. 

We are booked on a Spring transatlantic and because of @PSR’s experience, we will be prepared to insist on a second test if one of us is positive 24 hours after the negative test required to cross the border. 

• Like 2