Does celebrity require you to be tested at end of cruise?

Cruisingrampy

2 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

I really don’t understand this post. Celebrity would not know that I am doing the test in preparation for another cruise. They would not be in that loop.

And where did you ever see that “don’t test, don’t tell” is Celebrity’s policy?

The answer is no.  Read the title of the thread:

2 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

Doesn't matter what Celebrity knows or doesn't know. There is no reason he can't do the online proctored self-test while on board.  

The answer to the question in the title is no.  Read the title:

1 hour ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

The answer is no.  Read the title of the thread:

Or read the OP: "Or could i bring a proctored test onboard and do it before finishing the cruise."

The answer is "Yes".

On 1/27/2022 at 5:14 PM, LGW59 said:

No

Yes, if on the stream plan and the shipboard internet is good enough.  Some have done this to handle side-side cruises on other lines when concerned about appointments in the port city at the turn.  Of course, probably easier to get into the line and pay the $ at the pier when disembarking now.

4 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I really don’t understand this post. Celebrity would not know that I am doing the test in preparation for another cruise. They would not be in that loop.

And where did you ever see that “don’t test, don’t tell” is Celebrity’s policy?

Because when testing is needed for flying or ?? the testing is done on the pier after disembarking.  Thus if a positive test, Celebrity doesn't know the result, it is not added to the ship's covid numbers.  It is not Celebrity's problem.

With the Washington post reporting over 5000 cases on board for the 2 weeks beginning 12/29, Celebrity doesn't need to add to the total.

36 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Because when testing is needed for flying or ?? the testing is done on the pier after disembarking.  Thus if a positive test, Celebrity doesn't know the result, it is not added to the ship's covid numbers.  It is not Celebrity's problem.

With the Washington post reporting over 5000 cases on board for the 2 weeks beginning 12/29, Celebrity doesn't need to add to the total.

The 5000 cases in the last 2 weeks of December was a little sobering, but things seemed to have improved a lot.  I wonder how many cases have been reported for the last 2 weeks of January.

I don't understand why people don't read follow up remarks before answering.

To the OP:   the current requirements for Hawaii are that everyone tests before boarding, & again partway through the cruise....  Celebrity isn't going to Hawaii yet, so I don't know how they will handle this & things change rapidly right now.    

Holland America is handling this for their guests & I would imagine Celebrity would do the same.    

Honestly, if you are not going until April, I simply wouldn't worry about it until March as things could (& probably will change before then).  

there are no rules preventing you from taking a proctored test onboard the ship.   If you test positive, please report to medical center 🙂

51 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

The 5000 cases in the last 2 weeks of December was a little sobering, but things seemed to have improved a lot.  I wonder how many cases have been reported for the last 2 weeks of January.

The 5100 cases was for the 2 weeks from 12/29 thru 1/12.  The prior 2 weeks had a slightly lower but similar number.  How many more were not diagnosed?

Don't know where you are but in Arizona a bit over 8% of workers were out last week.  Kroger manager reported "too many to count".  They have lacked enough staff to stock center aisle (non-perishable) goods.

I felt lousy 3 weeks ago.  To get tested either had to wait in line with sick people - lots of flu and colds - for hours or go home.  I simply isolated for a week. 

4 hours ago, LGW59 said:

"You yelled at me first", LOL, doesn't day care require afternoon naps

I'd hold them both in contempt of court, fine them $100 each, and as they say on Storage Wars, don't forget to pay the lady on the way out. 😉 

• Like 1