How to access Elite tier internet benefit (90minutes)

dleahy4444

Doing a Simply Sail for the first time . As Elite tier I am given 90 minutes of free internet. How do I get that loaded onto my sea pass and how do I get the password to access the WiFi? Anyone with any experience with this? Do the minutes have to be used all at one time or you can a portion each day?  Thanks

You have 90 minutes which can be used throughout your cruise however you must make sure to log out.  If you just close your email or any other site and stop you will still be burning you minutes.  When you are on the ship and go to log on to the internet you should get a menu of choices for internet;  you need to select the 90 free minutes and create a account.  If you don’t see that option go to the iLounge and they will help you.

• Thanks 1

If you have any doubts about sign on or off, i ;ounge or concierge/capt.club desk will help.

You will pick "celebrity guest " wi fi connection, then pick your own user name & password.

Sign in and you will have choice of free minutes or buy a package of minutes.

You can use the free minutes in any manner u please: I typically sign on to my email,and it sends and downloads. I then sign off and work on my email offline. Your minutes last well this way.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dleahy4444 said:

Doing a Simply Sail for the first time . As Elite tier I am given 90 minutes of free internet. How do I get that loaded onto my sea pass and how do I get the password to access the WiFi? Anyone with any experience with this? Do the minutes have to be used all at one time or you can a portion each day?  Thanks

When you get on the ship you should be able to immediately connect to the ship's wifi.  You will then have to set up an account along with a password.  When you set up the account you will be given a menu of choices (just as jelayne said).  The choices will include options requiring payment and any free (or prepaid) options.

Here is a screenshot that I took while setting up my wifi account on Reflection back in Jan 2019.  You can see the option for the free 90 minutes. 

1011962910_WiFiMenuonReflection.thumb.png.ec7ee057a610f43c940c9328ff11102c.png

• Thanks 1

Yes be sure to log out.   If you don’t log out the internet will keep eating up your minutes and unless they have changed things your account will be charged for the overage per minute which is very costly. 

The other is certain times of the day the internet gets bogged down by overload of many passengers using it and is very slow.    You need to find the times that are not very busy to get the most out of you time.   The I Lounge Tech should be able to tell you.  I know that the morning is one of the busiest times as most start the day checking on stuff

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Thanks 1

You can log out by keeping the screen where you  logged in open in the background or if you close it, open your web browser and go to  logout.com ..  

I always leave the web browser screen I use to log in open  and then I simply click on the log out button on that screen.  

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

Thank you all for your replies. Extremely helpful. I will keep in mind the importance of logging out. I’m also taking a screenshot of the screenshot that was kindly posted

I found wifi best on port days and from my cabin gave a better connection. Those 90 minutes go quickly and if wifi slow will eat into your minutes.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dleahy4444 said:

Thank you all for your replies. Extremely helpful. I will keep in mind the importance of logging out. I’m also taking a screenshot of the screenshot that was kindly posted

Don't worry as you will get a paper of instructions.  If you need help, head to the iLounge for help.

Internet can be VERY slow and will eat your minutes in no time.  It is usually very busy when the ship is departing the first night.  I will try late at night or in port.  Much faster but not  like the high speed we have at home.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, dleahy4444 said:

Unfortunately, Platinum and Elites no longer get this benefit. It was changed as of July 24, 2021. We now get the "privilege" of purchasing Medallion Net package for 50% off. I am attaching the link to the pdf from the Princess site.  Also, see footnote #8 at the bottom as it applies to internet. 

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/cc/captains-circle-loyalty-benefits.pdf

5 minutes ago, Red Haired Lady said:

Unfortunately, Platinum and Elites no longer get this benefit. It was changed as of July 24, 2021. We now get the "privilege" of purchasing Medallion Net package for 50% off. I am attaching the link to the pdf from the Princess site.  Also, see footnote #8 at the bottom as it applies to internet. 

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/cc/captains-circle-loyalty-benefits.pdf

This is the Celebrity forum, so Princess' medallion net does not apply here.

• Thanks 2