Live on Odyssey - January 29, 2022 - 8 Night Southern Caribbean 🚢

John&LaLa

Just placed an order for curbside pickup on my lunch hour tomorrow for several of the liquors at Total Wine. Discovered Ken has wiped out much of our orange liquors. 😂 And the citrus vodka.  But he hasn’t used up my cake vodka, which is good. I can make a pineapple upside down cake martini tonight to ‘celebrate’ 🙄 the return to work tomorrow.  Cheers! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I have been buying lately some of the specialty liqueur's that you need in making specialty cocktails. I have the Midori and peach schnapps but not sour apple. I need to get that Pama.

I did get some Blue Curacao and triple sec to make Blue Curacao martini's. They are pretty good. Still can't find white cranberry anywhere to make the blue cosmo. I'll keep searching.

Yep, everything ready except Pama. Even had Citron

20220206_164717.thumb.jpg.6f0a270b0fc94425db6e1a856427addb.jpg

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Does anyone recall how far I got with compasses earlier this week? 

I think it was days 1 and 2 only

I don't remember any compasses, but I do recall there were a lot of pictures of adult beverages 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

No, and I really didn't like the coconut in it anyway

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Good to know I trust your judgement.

I enjoyed the Curacao Cosmo that I tried. But looking back I guess I didn't enjoy it enough to have a second one. Cosmos and espresso martinis became my evening mainstay. Painkillers worked well in the afternoon.

The new C&A voucher system has opened many more drink possibilities. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I enjoyed the Curacao Cosmo that I tried. But looking back I guess I didn't enjoy it enough to have a second one. Cosmos and espresso martinis became my evening mainstay. Painkillers worked well in the afternoon.

The new C&A voucher system has opened many more drink possibilities. 

I just found the orange and coconut didn't go well together. Coconut overpowered 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

I just found the orange and coconut didn't go well together. Coconut overpowered 

My bartender in the Champagne Lounge was really good at bringing out a subtle orange taste in the regular Cosmos that he made for me after trying to determine what sort of flavors I liked. It was a really nice drink. He truly was passionate about his craft. I've rarely encountered someone like him on a ship. Maybe he just had more time with the reduced capacity.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

My bartender in the Champagne Lounge was really good at bringing out a subtle orange taste in the regular Cosmos that he made for me after trying to determine what sort of flavors I liked. It was a really nice drink. He truly was passionate about his craft. I've rarely encountered someone like him on a ship. Maybe he just had more time with the reduced capacity.

Here is a typical espresso martini recipe. Do you think you're guy swapped the Bailey's for the simple syrup?

Screenshot_20220206-192541_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b7c17f713528d1a0adfe9b76f7a43e97.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Here is a typical espresso martini recipe. Do you think you're guy swapped the Bailey's for the simple syrup?

Screenshot_20220206-192541_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b7c17f713528d1a0adfe9b76f7a43e97.jpg

I really have no idea and never watched him make it as I was sitting at a table instead of at the bar. I know he would garnish with the coffee beans with a regular espresso but used chocolate flakes with the Bailey's.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I really have no idea and never watched him make it as I was sitting at a table instead of at the bar. I know he would garnish with the coffee beans with a regular espresso but used chocolate flakes with the Bailey's.

Guess I need to experiment 😇

• Like 1

Just now, LucasLikesToCruise said:

That’s what you do best. 😁🍸🍹🧉🍷

My Keurig has an espresso setting, and I have Bustelo. Even have some vanilla vodka, Frangelico, Godiva Liqueur, Creme de Cacao, and Creme de Banana.😉

I love science😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

16 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

My Keurig has an espresso setting, and I have Bustelo. Even have some vanilla vodka, Frangelico, Godiva Liqueur, Creme de Cacao, and Creme de Banana.😉

I love science😁

You can make lots of great experiments…all in the name of science, of course.😁

• Like 1