Question about Covid testing at Cruise port.

Shipswap

22 minutes ago, Ginnyfyr said:

Did they have the testing provided by Celebrity or did they go off and get their own test? Several Celebrity agents told me that as long as the test was provided by the company they hired to do it, we would be covered if we tested positive. 

I talked to celebrity directly lastbweek they said once your off the ship it is not covered

5 minutes ago, Cruisingrampy said:

I talked to celebrity directly lastbweek they said once your off the ship it is not covered

Interesting! As usual with most cruise lines, sounds like you'll get a different answer from every person you talk to with them!

5 hours ago, Ginnyfyr said:

I'm a travel agent and I have several online chats saved with Celebrity leading up to my own cruise where they said they would cover quarantine costs post sailing, per CDC guidelines, as long as the test result was from the company they hired.

What would one do to avail himself of this benefit after testing positive when already off the ship? Simply send X the bill?

On 1/29/2022 at 5:43 PM, Fouremco said:

I know that Celebrity makes frequent changes to its end of cruise testing policy for those requiring one for their travels home, but I've seen no notification that they've stopped using a 3rd party to conduct tests shoreside. The website currently says:

All fully vaccinated guests requiring a COVID-19 test to return to their home country will be provided the opportunity to receive testing in the cruise port during disembarkation. Proof of return travel scheduled within 24 hours of disembarkation will be required. Details on testing registration will be provided onboard. Testing will be complimentary for guests with cruise reservations booked prior to November 16, 2021. For new bookings made on or after November 16, 2021, testing will be available for a per person fee. The cost for onsite cruise port testing starts at $99* per person.  Prices vary by port and test type. 

*Test prices are set by each vendor and not by Celebrity Cruises. Payments will be made directly to the vendor providing the service. Celebrity Cruises will not collect or retain any portion of this payment.

We just got off the Edge yesterday and were one of the first to be tested right next to where you embark the terminal. Test was administered at 7:45 am and results came in by email at 8:38 while waiting at FLL.  Easy and seamless and they do check your results at check in counter along with proof of vaccination if traveling internationally.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

We just got off the Edge yesterday and were one of the first to be tested right next to where you embark the terminal. Test was administered at 7:45 am and results came in by email at 8:38 while waiting at FLL.  Easy and seamless and they do check your results at check in counter along with proof of vaccination if traveling internationally.  

What did they charge for the tests?

10 hours ago, ocean_wind said:

What did they charge for the tests?

Our tests were covered as we booked prior to November 16th but going forward they start at $99 per person prices vary from Port to Port and type of test administered. We had the RT PCR but I believe full PCR would cost more.

18 hours ago, RichYak said:

What would one do to avail himself of this benefit after testing positive when already off the ship? Simply send X the bill?

I would! Had my husband and/or I tested positive, I would have sent them a screen shot of the most recent chat transcript where their agent told me we would be covered, along with our bills. Worst case scenario, we get denied and submit to our secondary insurance. Best, Celebrity covers everything and we're not out of pocket and this travel agent isn't disappointed enough to not want to sell them until the pandemic is over.