From Newark Airport to the cruise terminal

panoramaofthepast

We are taking the train to the airport from DC. Unfortunately the most reasonable train gets in at the same time that the RCI shuttle is leaving, so I am looking for suggestions on getting to the port from the airport.

• Take an earlier train [ie, 6am!] and wait two hours in the terminal
  • Uber?
  • Taxi? 
  • Super shuttle? 

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, panoramaofthepast said:

We are taking the train to the airport from DC. Unfortunately the most reasonable train gets in at the same time that the RCI shuttle is leaving, so I am looking for suggestions on getting to the port from the airport.

• Uber?
  • Taxi? 
  • Super shuttle? 

Thanks.

Uber/Lyft .

BTW, on the chance you didn't know, ground transportation isn't available at the Newark Airport train station so you have to take the AirTrain from the railroad station to one of the airline terminals.

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, dazey said:

Can anyone tell me what approx. cab fare would be from Newark airport to Bayone cruise port?

25 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

Maybe $30 after tip? At least for Uber.

Fare can vary widely due to surge pricing. While at low volume hours it might be $30, the quote I'm getting as I write this is $43.98 for UberX .

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

Fare can vary widely due to surge pricing. While at low volume hours it might be $30, the quote I'm getting as I write this is $43.98 for UberX .

Yes, definitely, at the time I wrote this it was $30 for Lyft. I’ve also found it to be higher since Covid, my sister got an Uber to the airport from here for under $25 one morning pre-Covid (taxi fare was $50 at the time), my kids took an Uber-x from the airport to here off peak time (25 minutes) last summer and it was $70.

On 1/28/2022 at 4:47 PM, panoramaofthepast said:

• Uber?
  • Taxi? 
  • Super shuttle? 

Thanks.

Are you allowing some time for train delays - Amtrak sometimes runs up to an hour (or more) late between DC and New York?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2022 at 10:03 PM, navybankerteacher said:

Are you allowing some time for train delays - Amtrak sometimes runs up to an hour (or more) late between DC and New York?

Yes, indeed. We are planning on getting the train out of DC around 7:30am, for just that reason. 

Wise to leave early to allow time for Plan B should something go awry. That said, timekeeping on Amtrak's northeast is ordinarily very good, largely resulting from a well-maintained right-of-way, substantial passenger traffic, and Amtrak itself in charge of dispatching in most places (the main exception being north of New York City where Metro-North is in charge). Without making a quantitative analysis, I would place the risk of Amtrak delays in the northeast corridor on par with airlines. This contrasts with the rest of the country where Amtrak uses the rights-of-way owned and dispatched by freight railroads that do not give priority to passengers, and trains can run hours behind schedule.

• 1 month later...

Just booked the 6/19 cruise from Cape Liberty to Bermuda.  Need some advice on how to get from airport to Cape Liberty.  I tried to book Celebrity transfer from airport to port but we are arriving day before and staying at hotel at airport and Celebrity says they cannot pick us up unless we fly in that day. I explained we would be at airport and would meet where they said but no luck.  Does anyone have a suggestion?

Also planning on staying at Marriot at airport.  Good idea?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, dazey said:

Just booked the 6/19 cruise from Cape Liberty to Bermuda.  Need some advice on how to get from airport to Cape Liberty.  I tried to book Celebrity transfer from airport to port but we are arriving day before and staying at hotel at airport and Celebrity says they cannot pick us up unless we fly in that day. I explained we would be at airport and would meet where they said but no luck.  Does anyone have a suggestion?

Also planning on staying at Marriot at airport.  Good idea?

Thanks.

Just take Uber or Lyft from whatever hotel you've staying at to the port. 

There's nothing wrong with staying at the airport Marriott but you might get a better deal at an off airport hotel. 

On 3/24/2022 at 8:13 PM, panoramaofthepast said:

Yes, indeed. We are planning on getting the train out of DC around 7:30am, for just that reason. 

If you have an option, consider Acela (priority maintenance) over Northeast Regional -- and avoid ANY train coming in from the South rather than originating in DC