BinaxNow Covid Test-Help

I have take the self test with a proctor. Test was negative and test result was emailed to me. But, when I open attachment it ask for a password. When I enter password it says it’s invalid. I know I am using my password for NAVICA app because I signed in with that password. What am I doing wrong? TIA for any assistance. 

2 minutes ago, Setme2sail said:

I have take the self test with a proctor. Test was negative and test result was emailed to me. But, when I open attachment it ask for a password. When I enter password it says it’s invalid. I know I am using my password for NAVICA app because I signed in with that password. What am I doing wrong? TIA for any assistance. 

Your birthday if I remember correctly.   It confused me when I did it but read the instructions again and you'll see it.

• Like 1

I opened an account to purchase test (haven't yet) with emed so the password won't be the one I selected?...This is so confusing...why can't it be easier !!! Also concerned how to do all this with an iPhone.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I opened an account to purchase test (haven't yet) with emed so the password won't be the one I selected?...This is so confusing...why can't it be easier !!! Also concerned how to do all this with an iPhone.

You create one account with emed to purchase tests.

When you take the tests, each person will need an individual NAVICA account to take the test (exception is for young children - I believe they use their parent’s account). Create the NAVICA accounts prior to testing. 

To open and print your emailed test results from NAVICA you need to use their default password which is your birth date (mmddyyyy format). 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Have you gone to YouTube and watched a video on how to do this?

If not,,, here is one that I watched

• Thanks 2

I've used the tests more than once, and it really is pretty easy.  I used a laptop, so it was easy for me to adjust the screen for the correct camera angle during the testing process.  

I've read lots of posts here and I know many people have successfully used an iPhone.  So relax and experiment with your phone to figure out how to set it up for the camera to work right.

Some of the techniques I've read about are:

-get a friend to help you by holding your phone to get your camera angles right,

-use a shoe or a pair of shoes to prop your phone up to get the camera angles right,

-use a selfie stick or some other holder for your phone.

The proctor needs to take control of your camera in order to see you open the test, take the test, and then you will lay the test card flat on your table with the camera viewing it for 15 minutes.  It has to be visible to the proctor the whole time.  Then you get your result and an email confirming it.

You only use your DOB as your password to open your result from the email when the test is finished.  I found that I only needed the emed password for the actual test, but you need to log on to Navica the first time to set up the Emed one.  (I do think that's confusing!)

Hope this helps....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, klfrodo said:

Have you gone to YouTube and watched a video on how to do this?

If not,,, here is one that I watched

Tony's video is excellent.  I was nervous about doing the online test but I watched his video (as opposed to a few others on YouTube) as he used a laptop.  I took the Binaxnow test with no problems.  Much less stresful than our previous COVID testing experiences.  

Can three individuals take a test using one phone (separate accounts)?  I mean, the account isn't linked to the device ID?  I ask because I'm going to use Royal's wifi to take it the day before disembarkation, and it would be nice to only have to pay for surf and stream for one device instead of 3.  Also, do they offer the one-day pass for the surf-and-stream  and is it throttled at all because it's just one day?  Thanks so much, y'all!

3 hours ago, kayjaypea42 said:

Can three individuals take a test using one phone (separate accounts)?  I mean, the account isn't linked to the device ID? 

Yes, you can take three different tests all with the same device.  You need a separate Navica account for each person (or one Navica account with three profiles managed by that account, for example, a wife might open an account and make a sub-profile for herself, her husband, and their child).

I ask because I'm going to use Royal's wifi to take it the day before disembarkation, and it would be nice to only have to pay for surf and stream for one device instead of 3. 

Just checking, I'm assuming that you're going on a second cruise with a different cruise company immediately afterward?  Because if you need a test to fly home or to go on another Royal (or sister line) cruise, then you can get the test done on the ship by Royal and they will cover the cost as well.

Also, do they offer the one-day pass for the surf-and-stream  and is it throttled at all because it's just one day?

Yes, they do offer a Voom Surf and Stream one-day (24 hours total) option.

Thanks so much, y'all!

You're very welcome!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kayjaypea42 said:

Can three individuals take a test using one phone (separate accounts)?  I mean, the account isn't linked to the device ID?  I ask because I'm going to use Royal's wifi to take it the day before disembarkation, and it would be nice to only have to pay for surf and stream for one device instead of 3.  Also, do they offer the one-day pass for the surf-and-stream  and is it throttled at all because it's just one day?  

You can share any of the VOOM packages. No throttling of VOOM on the 24 hour package. 

On 1/30/2022 at 3:37 AM, brillohead said:

I ask because I'm going to use Royal's wifi to take it the day before disembarkation, and it would be nice to only have to pay for surf and stream for one device instead of 3. 

I will be going directly home after the cruise.  I thought they changed their policy to NOT offer tests onboard.  Am I wrong?  I would be so so happy to be wrong!!

Edited by kayjaypea42

7 minutes ago, kayjaypea42 said:

I will be going directly home after the cruise.  I thought they changed their policy to NOT offer tests onboard.  Am I wrong?  I would be so so happy to be wrong!!

Onboard testing is now just for those on a B2B. There's supposed to be options in the terminal (at your expense) to get tested for flights home or any other need.

3 minutes ago, dswallow said:

Onboard testing is now just for those on a B2B. There's supposed to be options in the terminal (at your expense) to get tested for flights home or any other need.

Yeah, that's what I thought. 😞  But the home test + wifi for the day is waaay cheaper than testing at the port.

On 1/31/2022 at 8:10 AM, kayjaypea42 said:

Are you returning to the USA, or to another country?  I took the "GA" in your profile to mean the state of Georgia, USA.

It's not a requirement for people returning to the USA to test.  That's only for unvaccinated children or for people who need to fly to another country after debarkation.

This was taken directly from the CDC website for US Citizens flying home:

Testing – ALL Travelers

REQUIRED

Before boarding a flight to the United States, you are required to show a negative COVID-19 test result taken no more than 1 day before travel. There is also an option for people who have documented recovery from COVID-19 in the past 90 days.

Children under 2 years old do not need to test.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/international-travel-during-covid19.html

Edited by kayjaypea42

2 hours ago, kayjaypea42 said:

Testing – ALL Travelers

REQUIRED

Before boarding a flight to the United States, you are required to show a negative COVID-19 test result taken no more than 1 day before travel. There is also an option for people who have documented recovery from COVID-19 in the past 90 days.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/international-travel-during-covid19.html

So the question is where are you flying from and where are you going.  If you are flying from a US port to another US city you don't need a test to fly. If you are flying from a non-US port to a US city then yes you need a test.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kayjaypea42 said:

Testing – ALL Travelers

REQUIRED

Is this a cruise originating outside of the USA?  

You don't mention what cruise port you're returning home from.

2 hours ago, kayjaypea42 said:

Yeah, it's a Western Med cruise and I'll be flying home from Rome, Italy.

RCI may offer testing to get back home (antigen test is all you need) but that won't be known until protocols for European sailings is announced - probably at least a month away.

• Like 1