Jan. 30th on Equinox 12 Nights

bnurick

19 hours ago, dtagirl said:

If you could find out how much is the hot glass class.  I have always wanted to do that!  Thank you.

It depends on what you want to do. $120 to sign up ahead, if you do a simple piece you get a refund of the difference, if you go for something fancier you get charged the extra.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cebse said:

Looking at the Barbados sheet above it says only guests on Celebrity excursions can disembark but then underneath says fully vaccinated guests can get local taxis etc.

Am i reading this right ? Are you allowed off in Barbados in not on official tour ?

Thanks 

We went on shore on our own today. We just wandered the port side shops, but as fully vaccinated we could have gone on downtown. Or so I was told by a couple of different store personnel. And the Celebrity Concierge on her nightly call yesterday.

• Thanks 1

Sushi on Five killed it tonight!  Can’t say enough praise for this place. I’m sorry for the after I dug in photo.  2016 Gevrey-Chambertin pinot noir ($83) a pick from the Cellar Master after our first pick had two bad corks/bottles. It was an awesome pick!  Loved it!   Note to self: Always order the fresh root wasabi table-side…

F1B8156C-DF21-44AA-8C69-424D55FBA4D8.jpeg

52499C61-FDCB-43FC-BC16-A44051A85F21.jpeg

On 2/3/2022 at 6:09 PM, bnurick said:

Hey there Sue!  So on vino I am a spare no expense type. I have been killing their Tignanello for $140 before 20% premium package credit. In Murano, I went all out with the Cardinale at $350.  Now before that they brought out and poured for a cheese course a Grich Celebrity red that I felt was pretty good.

My best advice if you like good vino and want some help is to book Murano night #1 and ask their sommelier for recommendations, as in 2-3 options. At that point you will have a base to work with and it’s within their window of options.  Sommelier was very nice and helpful.

Hope this helps.  Cheers Sue!

Thanks very much!  I had been thinking about the wines you can get by the glass when considering whether or not to upgrade to the premium package, and totally forgot about the 20% credit on bottles.  I also really appreciate your latest reviews of the wines you have been trying.  (One reason we like trying the fancy wines on cruises is so we can look for them in the local wine store when we get back home.)

I will sometimes save a little money by waiting two or three days to upgrade to premium.  For readers unaware of how this works, you can upgrade your classic drink package to premium when you get onboard for $10/day USD plus gratuity.  If you don't do it on the 1st day, you just pay for the remaining days.  You cannot do this too late in the cruise though.  The crew member who arranges your upgrade gets credit for the gratuity, so it's a good way to reward your favorite bar tender.  Captain's club members can get a discount on the premier upgrade by requesting it before the cruise and in that case, it is for the entire cruise.  I think this time I'll use the captain's club discount to get the premium package for the whole cruise.

=Sue=  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SandG said:

Captain's club members can get a discount on the premier upgrade by requesting it before the cruise and in that case, it is for the entire cruise.  I think this time I'll use the captain's club discount to get the premium package for the whole cruise.

So how do you do get the Captain's Club Discount on the upgrade to premium package? There is nothing to this effect on the website. After following this thread I want to upgrade, and just don't see a way to do it online. Thanks for your help!!

13 minutes ago, brzymom said:

So how do you do get the Captain's Club Discount on the upgrade to premium package? There is nothing to this effect on the website. After following this thread I want to upgrade, and just don't see a way to do it online. Thanks for your help!!

brzymom, I’ve got to be honest, the only

thing I have learned is it the cheapest at 3 days before. 2 days it’s ship only, so 3 days.  I would call if you cannot see online. The “Indulge Package “ is something I was too late for but in hindsight I would have done at booking. Hope this helps. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SandG said:

Thanks very much!  I had been thinking about the wines you can get by the glass when considering whether or not to upgrade to the premium package, and totally forgot about the 20% credit on bottles.  I also really appreciate your latest reviews of the wines you have been trying.  (One reason we like trying the fancy wines on cruises is so we can look for them in the local wine store when we get back home.)

I will sometimes save a little money by waiting two or three days to upgrade to premium.  For readers unaware of how this works, you can upgrade your classic drink package to premium when you get onboard for $10/day USD plus gratuity.  If you don't do it on the 1st day, you just pay for the remaining days.  You cannot do this too late in the cruise though.  The crew member who arranges your upgrade gets credit for the gratuity, so it's a good way to reward your favorite bar tender.  Captain's club members can get a discount on the premier upgrade by requesting it before the cruise and in that case, it is for the entire cruise.  I think this time I'll use the captain's club discount to get the premium package for the whole cruise.

=Sue=  

Sue, I am so glad you replied!  I learned a lot tonight. First, get the premium for YOU.  Second, once onboard, ask for help, and them more HELP. They (the wine staff) love to share and help.  If you do this I think it should work out for you.  Cheers and good luck!  BN

On 2/3/2022 at 2:50 AM, bnurick said:

There is a QR Code to bring up the chat in your internet browser.  You have to start a chat and the idea is it keeps going so there is communication.  Especially when off the ship so something can be done in advance.  It ends chat sessions whenever I try it, so it’s not like texting on your phone.  Good idea, just doesn’t work smooth.  Thanks.

Thanks.   I had never heard of it before.    We all know how well Celebrity IT integrates things, so not surprised it's a bit dodgy.   Will be interested to see if it improves by our April cruise. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

We went on shore on our own today. We just wandered the port side shops, but as fully vaccinated we could have gone on downtown. Or so I was told by a couple of different store personnel. And the Celebrity Concierge on her nightly call yesterday.

Interesting that because I'm reading elsewhere other cruse companies have different rules to Celebrity, seems this is a Celebrity rule not a port one.

Why would they be different (not us just thinking its a way of selling more celebrity excursions). 

We are of the opinion we would rather do our own planning on the Islands and not be stuck on a coach full of other guests. Taxi on our own or walk would do us just fine and safer to for everyone. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brzymom said:

I just phoned up and asked as it was not showing on our booking. I got a quote for £8.14 a day to upgrade to premium.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bnurick said:

Sushi on Five killed it tonight!  Can’t say enough praise for this place. I’m sorry for the after I dug in photo.  2016 Gevrey-Chambertin pinot noir ($83) a pick from the Cellar Master after our first pick had two bad corks/bottles. It was an awesome pick!  Loved it!   Note to self: Always order the fresh root wasabi table-side…

F1B8156C-DF21-44AA-8C69-424D55FBA4D8.jpeg

52499C61-FDCB-43FC-BC16-A44051A85F21.jpeg

Could i ask what quality of wine is available by the glass on premium drinks ? Thank you for all your info.

On 2/3/2022 at 1:12 PM, bnurick said:

St. Kitts and Nevis snorkel and beach in a catamaran.  Masks required until we got underway.  Capacity versus Passengers is about 50% I’m guessing.  Feels safe and everyone is having a great time.  Excellent crew.  Just getting started and headed to first stop, snorkel.

8ED18ED4-75F5-431E-A1E7-7D238982B3EF.jpeg

F64CDC8E-8CC0-4C3D-BDF5-BF1E961274B0.jpeg

D1E704E5-98BD-4BF6-8DAE-C259C87B8FFD.jpeg

Would you mind me asking on these trips do they provide the equipment or do you bring your own. Also could I ask do they provide life jackets to snorkel as we love to do it but are not very strong swimmers so just like to stay at the surface really. Thank you

58 minutes ago, Cebse said:

Would you mind me asking on these trips do they provide the equipment or do you bring your own. Also could I ask do they provide life jackets to snorkel as we love to do it but are not very strong swimmers so just like to stay at the surface really. Thank you

They provided all the snorkel equipment.  Mask, inflatable jacket and flippers, as needed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cebse said:

Could i ask what quality of wine is available by the glass on premium drinks ? Thank you for all your info.

On the App if you go to the Celebrity Select Dining Restaurant the wines are listed under the wine tab, just scroll down.  Thanks.

6B26EFD0-068F-4990-94A5-DF907A49DB40.png

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, brzymom said:

Call Celebrity on the Captain's Club number BEFORE the cruise and ask for the 10% discount on upgrades. If the phone rep says she isn't aware of it ask her nicely to inquire of her supervisor. Not all of the phone reps seem to be knowledgeable.

It has to be done on the phone - no way to do it on line.

Just be aware that the discount is only 5% for Classic and Select members and only goes up to 10% for Elite and Elite Plus.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits

Edited by chamima
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, daddyslittle girl said:

We will be sailing on May 6th,looking forward  to it even more so after reading your review,enjoy!

Thank you.  St. Lucia was great today. Review of the excursion forthcoming.  What’s great about ranking things as you go is they evolve as you experience more and more things and reflect.  Cheers!

17 hours ago, brzymom said:

I think that the Captain's Club upgrade discounts are something they've added somewhat recently since the "Always Included" package has made the Elite happy hour drink perk fairly useless.  (I see they now also have a discount for upgrading the WIFI ahead of time as well.)  The first catch is that you have to know these discounts exist, so I'm glad I'm doing my part to help.  😁   They must also be purchased before the cruise and you have to call them, no way to do that online.  Since they are fairly new discounts, it's very possible that some of the Celebrity agents aren't aware of them.  Don't confuse these with the Elevate and Indulge upgrades. 

As I think someone else mentioned, the drink package upgrade discounts are 5% for Classic & Select; 10% for Elite and Elite Plus.  If you are not sure if the premium upgrade will be worth it for you, I would recommend waiting until you get on board and see how using the classic package works out for you.  Keep in mind that you can always pay the difference between the $9 allowance and the cost of your drink.  You can give it a day or two or a few and decide if those extra charges will usually exceed the $10 (plus gratuity)/day for upgrading.  Then you only pay the upgrade for the remaining days of the cruise.  So on a 12 day cruise, if you wait 2 days to upgrade, you're getting a 16% discount. 😀    If you've decided you'd rather have the premium package for the whole cruise, then call them and upgrade with the discount beforehand. 
=Sue=

Edited by SandG

17 hours ago, bnurick said:

Sue, I am so glad you replied!  I learned a lot tonight. First, get the premium for YOU.  Second, once onboard, ask for help, and them more HELP. They (the wine staff) love to share and help.  If you do this I think it should work out for you.  Cheers and good luck!  BN

I've worked hard and saved up my whole life, and so I sometimes find it hard to let go and allow myself to splurge on the things I love.  But I'm learning!  I'm amused to see how many wine lovers have jumped into the conversation. 

Please keep the detailed posts coming, enjoying them thoroughly.  It's getting me quite excited for our cruise in a few weeks.
=Sue=   

• Like 1