Freestyle machine and refillable cup question

mrskitkat

Hello,

We just booked a cruise for March and I am considering the soda package. I had it on out last cruise 2 years ago and loved the options in the coke freestyle machines. Does Royal have the freestyle machines open right now and are they allowing refillable cups? 

Thanks!

What are the drink options on the coke freestyle machines? In the UK coke freestyle machines only really offer coke, fanta, sprite and sometimes squash with the flavour options of vanilla, cherry, strawberry and lime but hoping on the ship more options are available.

2 hours ago, kittywitty001 said:

What are the drink options on the coke freestyle machines? In the UK coke freestyle machines only really offer coke, fanta, sprite and sometimes squash with the flavour options of vanilla, cherry, strawberry and lime but hoping on the ship more options are available.

There are enough- too many to list.  I see ginger ale, root beer, cream soda, lemonades, powerades, etc... I know raspberry, lemon, lime, vanilla, strawberry, orange, and more are the flavors.  

• Like 1

When we cruised in early November on the Independence of the Seas we had to hand the cup to a worker to get the cup filled at the machines.

When we cruised in early January on the Odyssey of the Seas we could just fill the cup ourselves, no worker.

In the past (pre-covid shutdown) the machines seem to read to a code on the cups that outlined the dates of your cruise. On our 2 cruises since the restart this did not happen.

Thanks for all the replies! I like the flavored waters and other low calorie options. I was never a fan of refillable cups even pre covid. I was never sure how people were washing their cups between uses. Also, wasn't a fan of carrying it around but I'll do what I have to do.

Thanks again. 

4 minutes ago, mrskitkat said:

I was never a fan of refillable cups even pre covid.

There really isn't too much chance on cross contamination... The cup has to be firmly on the base for it to work.

If I don't have the cup with me, I'll ask the bartender to use a large glass with just a little ice.

Aloha,

John

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrskitkat said:

Thanks for all the replies! I like the flavored waters and other low calorie options. I was never a fan of refillable cups even pre covid. I was never sure how people were washing their cups between uses. Also, wasn't a fan of carrying it around but I'll do what I have to do.

Thanks again. 

So what you bring with you on the cruise is some denture cleaning tablets- run some hot water in the tumbler and place one tablet in for a few minutes. Rinse out well and your cup is clean. There are more expensive tumblr cleaning tabs on Amazon but the ingredients are the same. I have been cleaning my water bottles with this for a while. I just use the Walmart generic brand.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

So what you bring with you on the cruise is some denture cleaning tablets- run some hot water in the tumbler and place one tablet in for a few minutes. Rinse out well and your cup is clean. There are more expensive tumblr cleaning tabs on Amazon but the ingredients are the same. I have been cleaning my water bottles with this for a while. I just use the Walmart generic brand.

Wow thanks thats a great tip.