Royal up bid acceptance: When did you find out?

1 hour ago, Baowen said:

Found out today for our February 11th Navigator cruise that we got upgraded from an balcony to a Grand Suite ( so 9 days before). Bid the minimum + $5.

Beth

CONGRATS!! 🎉. Curious - how crowded is your cruise? We sail on the 18th and it looks pretty sold out.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

CONGRATS!! 🎉. Curious - how crowded is your cruise? We sail on the 18th and it looks pretty sold out.  

I'm on the 18th too and it has looked sold out, but today I saw that interiors are available again and there are still a lot of balconies.  When it comes to suites, not much showing other that deck 6 or 7 obstructed JS and 1 GS.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rockmom said:

I'm on the 18th too and it has looked sold out, but today I saw that interiors are available again and there are still a lot of balconies.  When it comes to suites, not much showing other that deck 6 or 7 obstructed JS and 1 GS.   

I am currently in a GS trying for an OS or RS (only one so highly doubtful). If I get an upgrade that will open up my Grand Suite. 😎 

• Like 1

We too sail on the 5th with a pending status and I have not been able to cancel or change it for about a week and a half.  I pretty much think we will be one of the never get an answer either way bidders.  Oh well, we are happy with our original cabin choice.  

We sail on feb 11th(Anthem). Got notified on Jan 26th our Royal up was accepted.
From  what I’ve been reading, that was pretty early. But that was our first time bidding so no past experience. 
Good luck everyone & happy cruising!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

I am currently in a GS trying for an OS or RS (only one so highly doubtful). If I get an upgrade that will open up my Grand Suite. 😎 

I thought about bidding, but saving those funds for bidding on our 7 nighter on Symphony next month. For this one on Navigator, I have JS and the drink package, pretty sure I'll survive, lol.  It's me, my daughter and 10 year old grandson making the most of a long holiday weekend.  

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, nate_in_hutch said:

Found out 27 days before departure for our latest cruise on Oasis.  Junior Suite to Crown Loft for the minimum bid.

Wow that’s pretty early. Congrats. Was there a lot of availability on that sailing when you were notified. My 2/20 Odyssey sailing has mostly sold out of suites which is the category I’m bidding on. 

4 hours ago, dleahy4444 said:

Wow that’s pretty early. Congrats. Was there a lot of availability on that sailing when you were notified. My 2/20 Odyssey sailing has mostly sold out of suites which is the category I’m bidding on. 

My wife is a TA and we were watching availability pretty close.  There were 6 crown loft suites open on the 2/27 sailing when our bid was accepted (and a number of other suites).  About a week before our bid was accepted, all of our bids became expired and our winning bid became uneditable despite still being pending.  We are B2B on the 3/6 sailing as well and all of our bids on that cruise are still in pending.  There are only 5 suites open total on that sailing.

• Thanks 1

Is it common for a lot of cabins to open up after the 30 day final payment date passes?  Looking at the March 6th Oasis sailing this morning for available cabins, I only saw 2 Junior Suites, 3 1 BR Grand Suites, 3 Loft Suites and 1 Panoramic 1 BR suite. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moonltnite said:

Is it common for a lot of cabins to open up after the 30 day final payment date passes?

Inventory management is an ongoing thing and varies a lot between ships/dates - lots of things are possible in the COVID era.

1 hour ago, nate_in_hutch said:

My wife is a TA and we were watching availability pretty close.  There were 6 crown loft suites open on the 2/27 sailing when our bid was accepted (and a number of other suites).  About a week before our bid was accepted, all of our bids became expired and our winning bid became uneditable despite still being pending.  We are B2B on the 3/6 sailing as well and all of our bids on that cruise are still in pending.  There are only 5 suites open total on that sailing.

Congrats!  If you're doing B2B (we're on the 3/6) - do you have to bid separately for the 3/6 sailing - or do they upgrade you for both? 

1 hour ago, moonltnite said:

Congrats!  If you're doing B2B (we're on the 3/6) - do you have to bid separately for the 3/6 sailing - or do they upgrade you for both? 

Thanks!  You have to bid on them individually.  The room we were upgraded to is already booked for the other half of our B2B, so it looks like we will be moving. 😢

6 hours ago, nate_in_hutch said:

Thanks for your response. Im crossing my fingers but not holding my breath 

6 hours ago, moonltnite said:

Is it common for a lot of cabins to open up after the 30 day final payment date passes?  Looking at the March 6th Oasis sailing this morning for available cabins, I only saw 2 Junior Suites, 3 1 BR Grand Suites, 3 Loft Suites and 1 Panoramic 1 BR suite. 

As final payment is currently at 30 days, some people may decide to cancel or reschedule rather than make final payment, which could open some cabins.  Once the dust settles after final payment time, it is anybody’s guess how many more on your sailing might reschedule or cancel in the covid era.

• 9 months later...

I was recently on the Explorer OTS for an 8 night sailing on 10/15/2022 and I got an alert on my phone stating that RC charged my card.  I forgot I put a bid in for a November 18th sailing on Grandeur.  One  month out for me.  JS to a GS 😎.  

• Like 3