SS Guarantee

RosieRoo

I know if you book an SS Guarantee it doesn’t come with the always included package, but you still have access to all the suite benefits correct?  So, technically you can have free cocktails in the suite lounge, eat in Luminae, use the sundeck, etc..?

3 minutes ago, tanzania2015 said:

You have to pay the gratuities on top of the cruise cost. If you want internet, the cost is additional. 

Are they still $19 PPPD?  

Reason I ask is that I have a Upgrade bid in on a Sky Suite...it's from a cruise that was cancelled twice, and was originally booked under the older system..NO AI...just OBC and Classic Drinks.  

I'm assuming the OBC and Classic Drinks will follow the bid if I win...but I will owe the Daily Room Grats, and if I want premium drinks outside of the Retreat, I will need to upgrade drink package. 

Am I correct that Butler is not included in the Daily Room Grats?  

9 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I'm assuming the OBC and Classic Drinks will follow the bid if I win...but I will owe the Daily Room Grats, and if I want premium drinks outside of the Retreat, I will need to upgrade drink package. 

You are correct in the above.   Butler is included in the suite gratuity amount of $19 pp/pd.

All Suites now seem to come with Premium Drinks, Streaming WIFI, Tips, OBC on top of the other core benefits. Gone for a Suite Gtee this time . Its all about the perks .

Having been in and out of lockdown for 2 years with no sign of a party !! (UK posters will recognise this one ) we are not too fussed about the cabin position or the view from the balcony.

Happy Cruising

4 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Are they still $19 PPPD?  

Reason I ask is that I have a Upgrade bid in on a Sky Suite...it's from a cruise that was cancelled twice, and was originally booked under the older system..NO AI...just OBC and Classic Drinks.  

Am I correct that Butler is not included in the Daily Room Grats?  

The Butler's gratuity is included.  I think it's $3, which is the difference between concierge/aqua vs suites. 

49 minutes ago, hampshirelad said:

All Suites now seem to come with Premium Drinks, Streaming WIFI, Tips, OBC on top of the other core benefits. Gone for a Suite Gtee this time . Its all about the perks .

GTY fares generally don't come with the AI Indulge package (perks you listed).  If it's all about the perks for you make sure they are all listed on the invoice before booking.

It is good to check at booking regarding the perks you mentioned.    All SS guarantees are not the same.     I have 3 SS Guarantee and all my booking confirmation includes 800 OBC, Premium Beverage, PPD Tips, and Stream Internet.    I also have a CS guarantee and also have the perks. 

Personally since I get most as a Zenith would prefer to have gotten a cheaper fare without them.

One thing I have heard is that while you get free drinks in the Retreat Lounge you have to use a drink package to get drinks at the Retreat Sun Deck.   Makes no sense to me but I have heard many gripes about it.

Remember if you book a suite guarantee you can be allocated an accessible Sky Suite. Whilst these are generally bigger they do have some issues for guests who are not disabled (shower, counter height…).

Never experienced one ourselves but are aware from CC that some posters that they have either seen getting one as a bonus as in more space or a negative in terms of bathroom set up.

10 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Remember if you book a suite guarantee you can be allocated an accessible Sky Suite. Whilst these are generally bigger they do have some issues for guests who are not disabled (shower, counter height…).

Never experienced one ourselves but are aware from CC that some posters that they have either seen getting one as a bonus as in more space or a negative in terms of bathroom set up.

The bathroom set up is a huge negative. We were in an accessible sky suite in December and no matter what we tried, the water from the shower ended up all over the shower floor in front of the shower stall and made it very dangerous and prone to slipping. We used a lot of towels to soak up as much water as possible. No 'Go Green" possible here...lol.  We were just assigned our guarantee cabin for December and we have another accessible suite.  UGH!!!

15 minutes ago, LuvCruzn4Evr said:

The bathroom set up is a huge negative. We were in an accessible sky suite in December and no matter what we tried, the water from the shower ended up all over the shower floor in front of the shower stall and made it very dangerous and prone to slipping. We used a lot of towels to soak up as much water as possible. No 'Go Green" possible here...lol.  We were just assigned our guarantee cabin for December and we have another accessible suite.  UGH!!!

In the past, I've seen posts where people were able to call in and move to a different cabin in the same category once they were assigned their guaranteed cabin. Worth talking with X if you booked directly or your TA.

Just now, cdn_tbird said:

In the past, I've seen posts where people were able to call in and move to a different cabin in the same category once they were assigned their guaranteed cabin. Worth talking with X if you booked directly or your TA.

The sky suites are sold out so there is none to move to but I am checking daily in case one opens up.