Ravenna cruise port to Venice hotel

rfs7306

Has anyone done this? I am on Brillance ots and cruise ends in Ravenna have a hotel booked in Venice for 1 night and flying home from Venice the next day. I am confused as how to get Venice without having to shlep luggage . Is there a car service i coild get at a reasonable price or public trans.

2 minutes ago, rfs7306 said:

I am confused as how to get Venice without having to shlep luggage

Have you checked for an RCI transfer? It would probably be to the airport, but something to consider. Also check the Roll Call threads. 

Edited by Biker19

10 hours ago, rfs7306 said:

Has anyone done this? I am on Brillance ots and cruise ends in Ravenna have a hotel booked in Venice for 1 night and flying home from Venice the next day. I am confused as how to get Venice without having to shlep luggage . Is there a car service i coild get at a reasonable price or public trans.

There are trains from Ravenna to Venice but you will have to change trains at least once. There are several car services that are reasonably priced.  Strongly advise you not to use RCL transfer, it's approximately a two-three hour bus ride depending on traffic and then you will have to find your way from the airport to your hotel.

• Like 1

Where in Venice is your hotel?

You can use the train but note that you will need a taxi or car service from the ship to the Ravenna station, about fifteen miles.  You may also need a taxi at the other end, depending on where your hotel is located.  The train will take between 3 - 4 hours, depending on the connection time.   Also note that the trains are mostly regionals, which means there is no assigned seating.

A car service will be expensive as it's about 90 miles to Venice, I would get on the roll call for your sailing and see if you can find another couple to share the transfer with you.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We are also on Brilliance. I was hoping RCI would do air from Bologna, which is much closer, but they only go to Venice. I'm trying to figure out the best way to get between the cities. I plan to do a night in Ravenna prior to cruise, and a night in Venice after.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/19/2022 at 2:39 PM, kimlovesfl said:

We are also on Brilliance. I was hoping RCI would do air from Bologna, which is much closer, but they only go to Venice. I'm trying to figure out the best way to get between the cities. I plan to do a night in Ravenna prior to cruise, and a night in Venice after.

You can't call and get fares from Bologna?  I've asked them for several different airports, even in different countries.

• 2 weeks later...

We too are doing a cruise on Celebrity (Constellation) out of RAvenna

Did not realize it was so hard to get to from Venice... or so far!!!

Thought we would make Ravenna our headquarters for our Pre Cruise visit and just go into Venice daily to sightsee but it appears that is not a good idea...Suggestions please

1 hour ago, BCHappyGal said:

Thought we would make Ravenna our headquarters for our Pre Cruise visit and just go into Venice daily to sightsee but it appears that is not a good idea...Suggestions please

We’re planning to stay in Venice and transfer to Ravenna on sail out day, 5:00 PM.

3 hours ago, BCHappyGal said:

If you want to see Venice, go in a few days early and stay in Venice. You can safely transfer (privately or via cruise line) on the day of departure -- although if you have time, Ravenna is definitely worth a day, actually more than a day. 

Are you on one of the Constellation cruises that will overnight in Ravenna?

I can only say what we are doing. We are cruising with Celebrity in mid May out of Ravenna. We are arriving in Venice five days early and spending four nights there. We are being met at the airport by limousine and transported to the Piazzale Roma where we will be met by the hotels boat and taken to the hotel which is on the south side of Venice by San Marco. When we leave, as the hotels boat does not run on a Monday, the hotel will arrange for us to catch a water taxi to Santa Lucia  Station where we will catch a train, changing at Ferrara to Ravenna. According to the Ravenna Port website there should be a shuttle to take us to the ship at Porto Cosini. I have emailed the Port but have not received a reply but maybe it is a little early. Failing that there is a bus service or (not surprisingly) taxis. After the cruise we are taking the Celebrity transfer back to Venice airport. From our experience the train service in Italy is very good.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Oa47 - Can you tell me how your transfers to and from the hotel went in Venice for your May trip?  We are sailing on Constellation in September 2022, and plan to spend two nights in Venice beforehand.  We have booked transfer to Ravenna from Venice through Celebrity.  I have heard that Venice doesn't like full sized luggage being rolled around the city, so can you tell me how you managed that?  We will need to get from the airport to our hotel, then from the hotel to the shuttle pick up near the Venice cruise port, next to the people mover. Thanks for any info.

You can check your big luggage at the left luggage office in Piazzale Roma, that will make your life a lot easier.

That's where a land taxi or the airport bus drop off you, so it's easy upon arrival and it's where you get the people mover to the port, so easy on departure as well.

Cooperativa Trasbagagli Venezia – Logistica bagagli, merci e persone a Venezia