COVID testing at NY Terminal

kapeaccruiser

8 minutes ago, shof515 said:

Eurofins does the testing at the terminal. Ship will docked at Pier 88 and the testing will be at Pier 90

Do you stick the swab up your nose while they watch, or does a Eurofins employee tickle your brain for you?

Edited by palpieha
  • Haha 1

A representative of eurofins performs the collection.

Remember to create a eurofins account and register your cell phone number with them so you get a text when your test results are ready, otherwise you will need to pay attention to the number you are assigned.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, palpieha said:

Do you stick the swab up your nose while they watch, or does a Eurofins employee tickle your brain for you?

It was a "gentle" swab up your nose by the Eurofins employee - not a tickle your brain swab.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, palpieha said:

The test involve using a swab inserted about the depth of the cotton tip (1/4”) into each nostril. There is no brain tickling, so let’s get rid of that imagery. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The test involve using a swab inserted about the depth of the cotton tip (1/4”) into each nostril. There is no brain tickling, so let’s get rid of that imagery. 

Glad to hear that! Last time I got a test (not for a cruise), they went much further up the nose.

9 hours ago, WYB! said:

A representative of eurofins performs the collection.

Remember to create a eurofins account and register your cell phone number with them so you get a text when your test results are ready, otherwise you will need to pay attention to the number you are assigned.

22 minutes ago, WYB! said:

I went onto the site to register and got this message: Please enter the Access code as provided by your admin or event organizer.

Do I have to wait until I'm tested to register?

Edited by MaryLS
Additional information

In reality, I think I received it during my online checking for my trip in January 2022.

While I can no longer access my NCL online checkin (as the trip already happened), I remember I couldn't complete the online checkin process without completing creating a eurofins account.

Have you completed your online checkin with NCL?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

im' so glad this is going away march 1. the testing for my bermuda  trip took almost 3 hours. was just crazy. happy to do the emed home test. 

When i was on the Breakaway at the end of October, the whole process took me about 3 hours. When i was on the Gem in December it was only about hour

From my experience, the delays and issues is mostly with eurofins and how quickly they can process hundreds and hundreds of people

• Like 1

Does anyone know if they are accepting proof of recovery in place of a negative test?  Hubby tested positive last week and we are cruising in two weeks.  He is symptom free and almost "freed" from isolation, but I am worried about getting the negative test.  His doctor will give him a letter stating that he is fully recovered - which would be good enough to get back into the US on a flight.  But I can't find this info anywhere for the ship.

18 minutes ago, Cinziaeye said:

Does anyone know if they are accepting proof of recovery in place of a negative test?  Hubby tested positive last week and we are cruising in two weeks.  He is symptom free and almost "freed" from isolation, but I am worried about getting the negative test.  His doctor will give him a letter stating that he is fully recovered - which would be good enough to get back into the US on a flight.  But I can't find this info anywhere for the ship.

They do not accept proof of recovery . A negative test is required .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shof515 said:

When i was on the Breakaway at the end of October, the whole process took me about 3 hours. When i was on the Gem in December it was only about hour

From my experience, the delays and issues is mostly with eurofins and how quickly they can process hundreds and hundreds of people

We sailed on Breakaway out of NY in October.  Once we got through the Bermuda Travel Authorization line it was a relatively quick process.  

I think with the staggered arrival time properly in place we would have been done much faster.  Our sailing was confusing because the night before everyone that was scheduled to arrive prior to 11 or so was told to come at 11due to the ship arriving late.  

Hopefully it will be nice and smooth on the 27th.

• Like 1

When I signed up for the site last fall for my October cruise, I was sent an access code to set up my account.  This time (today) when I clicked the link it just sent me right to the site, no access code needed.

I'm pretty sure that as long as you have the PID and bar code you should have no issues.  And last time I don't even think they ever even asked for the bar codes.

• Like 1