Desktop computer only

westcliffo

you stand in line at the port (with negative covid test proof) and passport.  the princess customer service people at the port will get you your medallion and then you get on the ship. we were on the 

CB for almost the entire month of December 2021 and had no problems.   I do believe princess should have the option for people who do not use smartphones to use their website to register etc. Currently if one does not have a smartphone they can not complete the registration.  Princess will call you and tell you to complete the registration - but you just tell them you do not have a smartphone. You will not be able to get in the GREEN line at the port. Not a big deal. Before the medallions, we did everything (register/enter passport numbers) on the princess website after logging in. Now you can only do a few things on the princess website.  Do the rest at the port check in. You will be fine!

I really believe Princess is waiting for all those people without smart phone to fade away in the near future so they wouldn't have to duplicate the effort with both a web based check-in & smartphone app. 

In the mean time their loyal customers have to resort to the old way of checking in at the port. One advantage is that the lines at the port will be very short. 😉

1 hour ago, westcliffo said:
Hi:

What do you do if you only have a desktop computer and do not have access to a  MedallionClass  device?

Thank you.

Yes, as Cruiseray said, you’ll be fine.  I would suggest print your luggage tags and a travel summary, just like you did in the past, on the cruise personalizer.  And your original vaccination card/certificate, in addition to your passport and covid test result.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I really believe Princess is waiting for all those people without smart phone to fade away in the near future so they wouldn't have to duplicate the effort with both a web based check-in & smartphone app. 

In the mean time their loyal customers have to resort to the old way of checking in at the port. One advantage is that the lines at the port will be very short. 😉

I imagine this isn't that much different than when the website and cruise personalizer became available.  I'm sure there were a lot of people who struggled to make dining reservations, book excursions, and check-in because they either didn't have a computer or weren't comfortable using one. Today, we don't think a thing about it, but I'm sure there were many who struggled when we were first asked to do those things ourselves at home.