Feb 5-19 East-West Caribbean on the Reflection

Ken the cruiser

7 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I believe it does, not sure of the exact amount though. It's "included" with our room, so I'll definitely be there! I'll have to see how it compares to the Porch burger and the Luminae burger 🙂

Tom

I see a burger comparison thread…with pictures!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I believe it does, not sure of the exact amount though. It's "included" with our room, so I'll definitely be there! I'll have to see how it compares to the Porch burger and the Luminae burger 🙂

Tom

I'm in steerage, so definitely not "included" in my room. 😉 The Mast Grill will have to do.

• Like 1

Just a word to the wise if you decide to try Moscato and wind up liking it. It will be hard to drink another “more acidic” wine anytime soon. We went to Murano last night and I decided for a change of pace to enjoy a good German Riesling which used to be my go-to white wine. It took all of one sip and that was it. I switched back to Moscato as soon as I struggled through finishing that one glass! 😂😂

• Haha 1

On 2/5/2022 at 1:18 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

We have arrived with minimal drama and were in our aft-facing SS cabin within 15 minutes after checking in. There were so few people checking in around 12:45, there were no special lines at terminal 29 for suite guests.

FWIW it takes 3 hours to drive from Orlando to Port Everglades by way of the Florida Turnpike. 

95BAE401-463C-49A7-B0DC-4D795972D49F.thumb.jpeg.1faf20c4bcfbe3e961b51e2f23c1aba3.jpeg

From what we could see, there are currently 8 ships in port, with the Celebrity Summit just sitting off shore. 

D729E52B-E943-43FF-A472-72B9A577DA5F.thumb.jpeg.046971b9024d28b6920c29fa289bad52.jpegC27E60AA-53C3-496E-B8E5-C3D992A739E9.thumb.jpeg.4f32858d70bd0517446b64e27bfc94ab.jpeg

Fabulous cabin!  We had that cabin on one of our voyages.  Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

Just found out our underwater excursion in Cozumel was canceled due to maintenance issues. So I guess it’s another relaxing day hanging out on the ship and walking around the pier since we don’t do beach, snorkel or dolphin excursions and have pretty much done all of the other ones.

I will tell you this, there sure are going to be some happy crew members when we fill out our Extra Tip Form at the end of the cruise. 😂😂

• Like 3

On 2/15/2022 at 3:30 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

I would definitely recommend the excursion we went on as long as you are not physically impaired, as there are a lot of steps to walk down and back up if you just want to walk down to the beach. But if you’re physically in great shape and want to join in the fun of walking up the river falls, that is definitely a lot of fun and the main reason for going to the Dunn River Falls.

But, I would also like to note that most of the folks that made the full walk up the river falls were in the 20-50s range. But I will also say we saw some older folks doing the wet walk as well! It all depends how physically healthy you are. It takes about 45-60 minutes to go the whole stretch, from the beach to the top with various breakout points along the way, so you don’t have to walk the whole way if you don’t want to. This picture BTW was just one of about six segments of the walk.

DF2AA4AB-5BB7-4C5C-B24E-3E5DF09AC198.jpeg.78ae724e9328c744bdbb0f392a024b55.jpeg

How was just the walk toward Dunns Falls?  I got a bit confused from your description and couldn't tell if you meant it was tough just walking there or tough doing the walk up and down the falls.  We've done the falls 20 years ago and certainly couldn't do it now but the walk near it sounds nice.

2 hours ago, pklein9747 said:

How was just the walk toward Dunns Falls?  I got a bit confused from your description and couldn't tell if you meant it was tough just walking there or tough doing the walk up and down the falls.  We've done the falls 20 years ago and certainly couldn't do it now but the walk near it sounds nice.

Walking from the bus area to the entrance, where you get a wrist band that shows you’ve paid the entrance fee, and then on to the “finish line” area was easy. However, it’s at that point you then have to make the decision whether you’re going to get wet or stay dry.

But I’m in my late 60s and walking in the river up the falls from beginning to end just doesn’t excite me anymore, especially since I did it 7 years ago when I was younger and physically more in shape. 

Now walking on the paved path next to the river falls wasn’t too bad as long as you take your time. I would say all together there were about 200-300 steps if you walked all the way down from the “finish line” area to the beach where the river falls starts. 

For us after walking down to the beach, with gravity being our friend and taking pictures while we rested, we then started our walk back up the first 30-50 steps to the first flat area where we rested while we watched a group folks start the wet walk up the river falls. Then we walked up another 30-50 steps to the next flat area and rested again while we watched a different group traverse the river falls, and so on until we got back up to the “finish line” where, of course, the vendors were also waiting to sell their beautiful handmade stuff.

All together it took about 45 minutes roundtrip to walk down and then back up the stairs, including the various rest periods along the way. Hope this helps clarify the various walking options.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 2

On 2/15/2022 at 5:47 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

And we’re off again. Next stop Cozumel, Mexico day after tomorrow!!

518C2437-AAE0-4FB1-BA01-634DD3C22A21.thumb.jpeg.c923c2e338023c44cf5f415325b4de0c.jpeg

A view of Falmouth just to the left of the pier

3DFB25AA-3CA6-4FDA-BAEF-9B2AA21B9F12.thumb.jpeg.2cd618f4868bdd826f53ba7d6faba9cd.jpeg

So bummed we won't be going to Jamaica on our 2/26 Reflection sailing.  Jamaica is my favorite island and I was looking forward to it.  Oh well, at least we will be on a ship!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Walking from the bus area to the entrance, where you get a wrist band that shows you’ve paid the entrance fee, and then on to the “finish line” area was easy. However, it’s at that point you then have to make the decision whether you’re going to get wet or stay dry.

But I’m in my late 60s and walking in the river up the falls from beginning to end just doesn’t excite me anymore, especially since I did it 7 years ago when I was younger and physically more in shape. 

Now walking on the paved path next to the river falls wasn’t too bad as long as you take your time. I would say all together there were about 200-300 steps if you walked all the way down from the “finish line” area to the beach where the river falls starts. 

For us after walking down to the beach, with gravity being our friend and taking pictures while we rested, we then started our walk back up the first 30-50 steps to the first flat area where we rested while we watched a group folks start the wet walk up the river falls. Then we walked up another 30-50 steps to the next flat area and rested again while we watched a different group traverse the river falls, and so on until we got back up to the “finish line” where, of course, the vendors were also waiting to sell their beautiful handmade stuff.

All together it took about 45 minutes roundtrip to walk down and then back up the stairs, including the various rest periods along the way. Hope this helps clarify the various walking options.

Thanks so much Ken!  I understand now.  You still need to walk down from the top on the "dry" side and then walk back up to the excursion bus.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Did you ever get a reason why they canceled the stop?

I never really read the email --  so I just went back and found it:

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Reflection®, for your 7-Night Western Caribbean cruise, departing from Fort Lauderdale, Florida on February 26, 2022. Before we set sail, we have some important information to share regarding our itinerary. Celebrity Cruises is working closely with health and government authorities to protect the well-being and safety of everyone onboard, as well as the destinations we visit. We are also continuously evaluating all itineraries and the status of travel conditions around the world.

New port regulations regarding COVID-19 protocols will require us to replace our scheduled calls to George Town, Grand Cayman and Falmouth, Jamaica with extended stops in Cozumel, Mexico and Costa Maya, Mexico. In addition to these changes, we will add a call to Nassau Bahamas on February 28th, followed by an at sea day on March 1st. Our sail away time has also been changed to 5:30 PM on Saturday, February 26th.

Tom

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Feb 17 Daily Planner - Cozumel, Mexico

CEA456FC-C168-4A90-8860-8268510AF039.thumb.jpeg.bf8fe49f0c80bc1b6964a0b6d3b90680.jpeg

50E7674E-C02C-49A3-8E16-A278151A26FB.thumb.jpeg.d3b2e3a92283f8e8208099802f7dd9f7.jpeg

8D20810D-1676-4486-89F2-FC9FB600D4B0.thumb.jpeg.931358f09734af3795b489cf17c44bf7.jpeg

Sorry for the shadows. 

Thanks for the copy!

I don't drink scotch, but a friend of mine said I should try Macallan - and I see they have a tasting. I might as well give it a try. What do they get for that, $20ish ??

Tom

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

And then for you diehards like me that just have to sit out on the balcony even if there is no shade, here’s another option. 😂😂 

AA62EA96-0742-4532-9791-44B24CC1B6D9.thumb.jpeg.410893d347e8e6e4ef3bf57415f8d4a9.jpeg

Ken the Cruiser, I inadvertently credited someone else for your genius shade hacks. Oops! That’s what I get for flitting around from thread to thread. Sorry about that. This arrangement is my favorite.

And thanks so much for your review. Each post brightens my day.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, raudacruise said:

Ken the Cruiser, I inadvertently credited someone else for your genius shade hacks. Oops! That’s what I get for flitting around from thread to thread. Sorry about that. This arrangement is my favorite.

And thanks so much for your review. Each post brightens my day.

LOL!! Right now I’ve got my balcony chair in the cabin, with the sliding door open, as we’re parked on the west side of Cozumel Island waiting for a little balcony shade to start showing up. 😂😂

image.thumb.jpg.c40568542bfb49dc4b1a8cadf115b661.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1