Live From MSC Virtuosa 5th February - Dubai - cruising in the time of Covid!

nikkiw60

Last night was Mediterranean night. Not as it used to be though! No red white and green, no atmosphere, restaurant only about a third full of if that. Food just ok, the other 2 have taken to the buffet! I love the table though next to porthole and the service is excellent! 
Food portions tiny.

Guess what my starter was!

303960EB-063A-4D6C-AAF4-EFD275C575D9.jpeg

C743C5A7-257A-4097-8B99-2A8E271EC914.jpeg

FC2682B4-F436-4C05-AFB5-EC8E140E6915.jpeg

F036B6AF-45BB-4D44-AA4D-C1BE31953C3A.jpeg

345A58BD-A294-4D9B-B6EF-BAE7B0331126.jpeg

3023F55D-D1BF-4881-9A11-35DB06020FB3.jpeg

3 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

This was the free Fantastica photo night. You also can claim an extra photo if you have Gold or Black status. They don´t care which one you take, also can choose two times the same. 

They have left us a voucher for this in the cabin.

5 hours ago, kernow said:

Thanks for all the updates, do you know how many passengers are onboard? Have not seen anything about how full these cruises are.

About a couple of thousand only I would say!

• Like 1

The chocolate ship got delivered today the old style dark chocolate ones. Not the hollow white ones.

Tonight is white night. It is very windy though so will be interesting how it goes.

We have had the day at Sir Bani Yas island very prelots of sun beds available but when the sun went behind the clouds it was cold so only had a couple of hours before we went back to the ship.

Also we had to do the naughty peoples safety drill! We missed the official one yesterday as our ships tour was late back, it was in the theatre which was 2/3 full of us! We then had to do the walk of shame behind a crew me ever to our muster station..

Went on a mosque tour today in Abu Dhabi and me being me as usual didn’t read the dress code properly! I wore trousers and took a poncho not good enoughWhat do you think of the new outfit? 

3EFB772B-E185-4089-B492-91DFC33C4B0A.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nikkiw60 said:

Went on a mosque tour today in Abu Dhabi and me being me as usual didn’t read the dress code properly! I wore trousers and took a poncho not good enoughWhat do you think of the new outfit? 

3EFB772B-E185-4089-B492-91DFC33C4B0A.jpeg

Can't see your shoes, so It looks like you're hovering!

• Like 2

Hi

Just got our -ve pcr tests so ready to fly out tomorrow and join the ship on Saturday so thanks for your info.  Hope you had a great time.

When were the elegant/dress up nights and did people make an effort ?- have DJ packed so hope so!

Also where there any other theme events, think white event was managed but wondered if I we should fling anything else into the luggage.

4 hours ago, adam7392 said:

When were the elegant/dress up nights and did people make an effort ?

As always, Italians oh yes, Germans and Russians not so much 😚

Having said that, we also failed a little bit, but we this time were a men only group without our wifes, so what to do🤪

5 hours ago, adam7392 said:

Hi

Just got our -ve pcr tests so ready to fly out tomorrow and join the ship on Saturday so thanks for your info.  Hope you had a great time.

When were the elegant/dress up nights and did people make an effort ?- have DJ packed so hope so!

Also where there any other theme events, think white event was managed but wondered if I we should fling anything else into the luggage.

There is only one elegant night and most of the people made an effort. The menu for this was very disappointing I didn’t even take a photo of what I had! Forgot!
No steak no lobster even as a paid upgrade! I will post the photos separately as for some reason I cannot load on to cruise critic from my phone!

This has been a difficult thread to keep up for me this time, not sure why! 
the cruise was good, the ship is fabulous the food ok but lots of people complaining about it.

I would do it again for the unusual places we visited. It’s odd though having a night in port at each end!

Have you been to the for fee show in the Carousel lounge or heard anything about it. It was not on when we went in June but see it is offered in our planner for £9 in May. Just wondering if it's worth it (we already have the Premium drinks).

7 hours ago, Outofofficeon said:

Enjoying your review. On in March. Tell me, can you get off on the island or whilst stationery in Dubai or at Abu D? Msc can’t seem to answer this. Dont want to book shore excursions for everything as like to wander myself if poss.

Having just returned today from 2 weeks onboard I can tell you that you can get off in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and the island do your own thing. The only place where you have to do an MSC excursion is in Doha

• Like 1

On 2/11/2022 at 10:08 AM, kernow said:

Have you been to the for fee show in the Carousel lounge or heard anything about it. It was not on when we went in June but see it is offered in our planner for £9 in May. Just wondering if it's worth it (we already have the Premium drinks).

Hi Kernow

Absolutely worth it! We loved both shows. There were two different ones and they were amazing. Try and sit in front of the stage if you can rather than the sides and you can enjoy the projections , high up, behind the performers.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! We saw the shows again, when on our repeat cruise, as we really liked the experience. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...