Live From MSC Virtuosa 5th February - Dubai - cruising in the time of Covid!

nikkiw60

Well I am back! This cruise is a little different as am not with my long suffering husband Matt I am travelling with my 2 girlfriends Anne (usually goes on Marella) and Sue a cruising virgin!
I am starting this today as I am at Manchester Airport for an evening flight to Dubai but due to working hours I have had to come to the Airport early to do a 3 hour PCR test! Anne and Sue managed to do theirs at Boots yesterday and have already had negative results it is now up to me to make the group!

We booked this last year around this time and it has been a long year. This ship will have sad memories as I was able to do a mini U.K. cruise back in July with my dad apart from me nagging him he had a fantastic time, but since then he collapsed in the street outside of his house and suffered a head injury from which he didn’t recover. I think he would find it humorous that our last conversation was about the Nolan’s cruising on this ship. I will be raising a glass to him in the Sky lounge that is for sure.

I hope my friends on this forum will be happy following along with us (assuming I make the flight!) and as usual I will be answering any questions- got the full WiFi package usual. Expect lots of photos of food and drink an menus. If no one is interested I am going to do it any way as this is a big part of my cruise vacation!
At the moment I am having a big glass of wine whilst I await my results! Cheers!

D9FE9E6C-0C48-4CD6-9E52-D24985F8F495.jpeg

Edited by nikkiw60
  • Like 3

• nikkiw60 changed the title to Live From MSC Virtuosa 5th February - Dubai - cruising in the time of Covid!

Will be watching this eagerly.  We are also boarding tomorrow for a B2B. Arrived in Dubai this evening and just had our negative results from the mandatory airport test so can finally get excited 😊 

• Like 1

Following along too, we're back on Virtuosa in May so this will keep me going. We thought about booking one of the Dubai cruises as we love that area but decided against it this year, wish we had now🙂.

Sorry to hear about your dad.

Taken a while to sort out logging on with internet package!
long check in with sorting out all paper work Covid insurance , vaccines certs etc but finally got on ship at about 10.30am cabins were ready luggage arrived about 1pm. Tip make sure all your paperwork is ready to show at check in!
 Ship is very quiet. 

9 hours ago, CruiseIreland said:

Nikki. Sincere condolences on the loss of your dad. Can't believe it's been a year since you booked. Enjoy the cruise. We did that area on the Fantasia 5 years ago. Ken 

Thanks Ken, I did get a bit teary today.

21 hours ago, CruiseIreland said:

Nikki. Sincere condolences on the loss of your dad. Can't believe it's been a year since you booked. Enjoy the cruise. We did that area on the Fantasia 5 years ago. Ken 

Thanks Ken, I did get a bit teary today.

Re Diamond perks so far one small bathrobe left in cabin I asked for 2 more which wasn’t a problem, no bowl of fruit as yet, and only the diamond member can have the one hour spa access not all members of the cabin.

Also random thought, you state 2 beds as 3 ladies travelling, they make up asa double.. and you are asked what time for dinner and you always seem to get the opposite! More work for the crew to sort out!

8 hours ago, Andromea said:

Hello Nikki

Thanks for your live report. I'd like to stay on the Virtuosa.

By the wy, does the MSC for Me wristband work?

Enjoy the cruise...

Yes we are using the wristband for door and signing for stuff. Our drinks packages haven’t kicked in yet though! Computer says no! Hopefully sorted for today.