The Daily for Sunday 02/06/2022

richwmn

Good Afternoon everyone.

It is a cold rainy day here in Bluffton, SC. Then again cold is relative depending on where you live,.

Thank you Rich and Roy for the lists.

I prefer ice cream over frozen yogurt.  Just don’t care for it.  If I am going to go for the calories, it is going to be for something I like.  Lame Duck—kind of early in the year for that day.  Chopsticks, well I have a Chinese friend who tried to teach me to use chopsticks and said I was so bad at it that she finally gave up and told me to use a fork.  At this point with me upper extremities giving me so much trouble, I wouldn’t dare try.

The meal looks good and while I don’t have grouper, I do have some Chilean Sea Bass and may try the recipe with that.  Thank you @dfish for the idea,

Prayers for all on the cares list and cheers for those celebrating.  

Somehow, Camilla never impressed me, but if the Queen wants to elevate her status, more power to her.

As for my problems, I am still in considerable pain and typing this is very difficult,. I am doing the best I can.  I have to keep using the backspace to correct my mistakes.  Did not get much sleep last night because of the pain.  Sitting up helps somewhat. We will see if the Doc increases the dosage tomorrow or what else he may have in his bag of tricks,. I do know I need some relief.

Yesterday I did nothing but rest, but it was not enough.  Will try to take it easy again today.

I hope everyone has a blessed Sunday and stays well and safe.  if you have to go out, be careful on the slippery roads,

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, all! I enjoy frozen yogurt, but never eat it with chopsticks. I have some very nice chopsticks we bought in Taipei, and actually use them a lot. DD shakes her head at my chopstick skills, but by Western standards they’re pretty good!
We are having a very lazy Sunday here. In fact, DH is having a sleep in and still snoring blissfully. Tomorrow we go back to the mainland and have a few days to get ready for the drive to Palm Springs. It’s supposed to be 86 F the day we arrive. I’m looking forward to that!

Our TA got us the 30% price reduction on our holiday cruise between the Grand Africa and the Grand World. Our East Coast leg was booked as a non refundable fare. Somehow, she still got us $500 off that one. She really is a tiger on the phone. A pleasant and polite tiger, but she doesn’t take no for an answer. M already looking up excursions to put the money towards!

@ger_77 I tried bourbon long ago and was not impressed. Then a few years ago I was visiting relatives in Illinois and someone brought a special bottle of bourbon that he treated like liquid gold. I tried a little. Oh my, my. It turns out there is a world of difference between a good bourbon and the stuff ya chugs til ya falls down in the crick. It was amazing, but I wouldn’t adulterate it with orange juice.

Happy Sunday, everyone. If I can’t be aboard a BHB, at least I can book one and dream!

453F82FC-37AC-4E45-A27B-889E822787C1.jpeg

• Like 27

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

In May 2015 Pauline was invited to the Queen's Royal Garden Party at Buckingham Palace and we saw the Queen and Prince Philip.

Graham.

IMG_20160510_173423.jpg

Oh my  goodness you are  both so Royal are  you  sure you  are  not related.

Excellent photo WOW.  

Jim.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Good morning, all! I enjoy frozen yogurt, but never eat it with chopsticks. I have some very nice chopsticks we bought in Taipei, and actually use them a lot. DD shakes her head at my chopstick skills, but by Western standards they’re pretty good!
We are having a very lazy Sunday here. In fact, DH is having a sleep in and still snoring blissfully. Tomorrow we go back to the mainland and have a few days to get ready for the drive to Palm Springs. It’s supposed to be 86 F the day we arrive. I’m looking forward to that!

Our TA got us the 30% price reduction on our holiday cruise between the Grand Africa and the Grand World. Our East Coast leg was booked as a non refundable fare. Somehow, she still got us $500 off that one. She really is a tiger on the phone. A pleasant and polite tiger, but she doesn’t take no for an answer. M already looking up excursions to put the money towards!

@ger_77 I tried bourbon long ago and was not impressed. Then a few years ago I was visiting relatives in Illinois and someone brought a special bottle of bourbon that he treated like liquid gold. I tried a little. Oh my, my. It turns out there is a world of difference between a good bourbon and the stuff ya chugs til ya falls down in the crick. It was amazing, but I wouldn’t adulterate it with orange juice.

Happy Sunday, everyone. If I can’t be aboard a BHB, at least I can book one and dream!

453F82FC-37AC-4E45-A27B-889E822787C1.jpeg

What ship are you sailing on over the holiday?   We will be on the Volendam for New Years.

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

What ship are you sailing on over the holiday?   We will be on the Volendam for New Years.

We will be on the Zuiderdam, and B2B the GWV in the same cabin. You are lucky, I love the Volendam! I’m sorry you won’t be on the GA after all - it would have been fun meeting up.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

We will be on the Zuiderdam, and B2B the GWV in the same cabin. You are lucky, I love the Volendam! I’m sorry you won’t be on the GA after all - it would have been fun meeting up.

I know.  It would have been great!  Someday soon I hope.

• Like 11

🙃Late this morning and already on page 4! Thank you, Rich, @richwmnfor The Daily and also to Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration Lists.

👍We picked up a set ( and sets for kids) of chopsticks while shopping at the Silk Market in Beijing. We were on our own after the Viking river cruise and stayed an additional week exploring. 😄That's how we roll, lol!

Yes, we've been to today's port of call also on Viking (Ocean).😊

🙏 Prayers for all in need and Happy Sunday.

Katie

FB_IMG_1644162778411.jpg

20220206_103836.jpg

Edited by garlictown
  • Like 26
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

@dfish I hope the tooth extraction isn't painful. I keep hoping with this crown falling off that they don't suggest extraction; I always said I want to die with all my teeth (I still have my wisdom teeth)!

I hear you, Vanessa.   This is due to my crown coming off.  According to the dentist, if they put it back on it would keep coming off.  Maybe because of the hole they put in it when they cleaned out the old cement?   I'm not happy about this, but considering where the tooth is, it is the best decision for the money.  I have ice cream in the freezer, yogurt, cottage cheese and creamy mushroom soup.  I think I'll get through this.

• Like 23

8 minutes ago, dfish said:

I hear you, Vanessa.   This is due to my crown coming off.  According to the dentist, if they put it back on it would keep coming off.  Maybe because of the hole they put in it when they cleaned out the old cement?   I'm not happy about this, but considering where the tooth is, it is the best decision for the money.  I have ice cream in the freezer, yogurt, cottage cheese and creamy mushroom soup.  I think I'll get through this.

Will you have an implant done, or some type of bridge?

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good Afternoon everyone.

It is a cold rainy day here in Bluffton, SC. Then again cold is relative depending on where you live,.

I prefer ice cream over frozen yogurt.  Just don’t care for it.  If I am going to go for the calories, it is going to be for something I like.  Lame Duck—kind of early in the year for that day.  Chopsticks, well I have a Chinese friend who tried to teach me to use chopsticks and said I was so bad at it that she finally gave up and told me to use a fork.  At this point with me upper extremities giving me so much trouble, I wouldn’t dare try.

The meal looks good and while I don’t have grouper, I do have some Chilean Sea Bass and may try the recipe with that.  Thank you @dfish for the idea,

Somehow, Camilla never impressed me, but if the Queen wants to elevate her status, more power to her.

As for my problems, I am still in considerable pain and typing this is very difficult,. I am doing the best I can.  I have to keep using the backspace to correct my mistakes.  Did not get much sleep last night because of the pain.  Sitting up helps somewhat. We will see if the Doc increases the dosage tomorrow or what else he may have in his bag of tricks,. I do know I need some relief.

Yesterday I did nothing but rest, but it was not enough.  Will try to take it easy again today.

I hope everyone has a blessed Sunday and stays well and safe.  if you have to go out, be careful on the slippery roads,

God Bless,

Terri

Terri, I am so sorry  about the amount of pain you are in.I hope you  get some help soon.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning all, and thanks for the Daily news.  I am always amazed at how so many of the references  on the Daily bring back memories!  "Chopsticks"- when we lived in Nairobi, we regularly went to a favourite Chinese restaurant, and the rule was that whoever didn't use the chopsticks had to pay the bill.  The children learned really quickly how to use them. They were not about to give up their pocket money. "Grouper" - my very favourite fish when I lived in Nassau.  I was there for 5 years before we married, I was a "belonger" and voted for the first time there.

Graham, thanks for the sermon, and for the pictures of you and Pauline at Buckingham Palace.  Doesn't it usually rain for the Queen's tea party?

I haven't been to Macapa, but had a wonderful time on our "last-minute" Amazon cruise on the Prinsendam.

I need to check up on the Sailaway thread to see what is happening on Eurodam.

You are very welcome for the sermon Ann and I'm pleased you liked the photos of Pauline and me at the garden party.

Graham.

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I think something must be happening with the Eurodam.  "Scheduled" departure has been pushed back to 11PM.  Nieuw Amsterdam is also now listed on the port schedule to arrive at 5:30.

Roy

Oh oh!

• Like 10

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Graham @grapau27What lovely photos of you and Pauline at the Royal Garden Party.  Her outfit is perfection!  And you look wonderful as well.  Thank you for thinking of sharing it with us all.👒

Thank you Sandi for your really nice words and I'm delighted you liked the photos.

Graham.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good Afternoon everyone.

God Bless,

Terri

I'm so sorry you are in so much pain Terri.

Sending prayers 🙏 and healing wishes that your pain will ease completely.

Graham.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, irishjim said:

Oh my  goodness you are  both so Royal are  you  sure you  are  not related.

Excellent photo WOW.  

Jim.

Thank you so much Jim.

Pauline has a lovely friendly nature and deserved her invitation to the garden party through her work in the civil service.

Graham.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

What an amazing day that must have been!

Somehow, Pauline is even more smashing in every photo you post. How do you do that?

Thank you it was an amazing day.

I'm pleased you liked her photos as much as I do.

Graham.

• Like 13

48 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good luck at the dentist tomorrow Debbie.

I have had more than my fair share of dental surgery and when some of  my crowns kept coming off I was told it was because the root filling had failed and because they were at the front I had implants done.

The treatment was fairly painless but the price was painful.

Graham.

• Like 14

Good afternoon, all!

I dipped in to the Daily a few times earlier, but did not weigh in on things.

I almost needed my sunglasses inside today as the bright sunshine glinting off all that sparkly white snow is pretty blinding. Our temps are going up into the 40’sF so maybe some melting.

I love frozen yogurt (and ice cream and gelato). I think there are a lot of politicians that should be lame ducks, the sooner the better. As for chopsticks, I have had so many lessons and they just didn’t take. If I have a bowl of mostly rice, I can shovel it in, but a plate with pieces of chicken, carrots or pineapple will defeat me every time. 

The meal, drink and wine are a winning trifecta! Does the Jim Beam Collins count as my vitamin C with the OJ? Haven’t been to the destination. Does anyone know who is the originator of that quote? I’ve heard it attributed to a lot of people.

I am having a quiet day after yesterday. Going to the theater and then out to eat was pretty exhausting. DD’s, a friend and I saw The Prom at the Fox Theatre and my friend gifted me with a tiara so I could be a prom Queen 😂. Afterwards I got my margarita and a platter of chicken flautas instead of a burrito. I have leftovers for today. So many of you remind us about wearing a mask, I thought I’d post my headshot so you can see my tiara and my mask.

Prayers to all on the cares list 🙏. And woohoo, may the celebrations be plentiful 🍷.

Take care, all St Louis Sal

51A6274D-5CE8-4498-A1F4-06D6AC046953.jpeg

• Like 30

29 minutes ago, St. Louis Sal said:

Good afternoon, all!

I dipped in to the Daily a few times earlier, but did not weigh in on things.

I almost needed my sunglasses inside today as the bright sunshine glinting off all that sparkly white snow is pretty blinding. Our temps are going up into the 40’sF so maybe some melting.

I love frozen yogurt (and ice cream and gelato). I think there are a lot of politicians that should be lame ducks, the sooner the better. As for chopsticks, I have had so many lessons and they just didn’t take. If I have a bowl of mostly rice, I can shovel it in, but a plate with pieces of chicken, carrots or pineapple will defeat me every time. 

The meal, drink and wine are a winning trifecta! Does the Jim Beam Collins count as my vitamin C with the OJ? Haven’t been to the destination. Does anyone know who is the originator of that quote? I’ve heard it attributed to a lot of people.

I am having a quiet day after yesterday. Going to the theater and then out to eat was pretty exhausting. DD’s, a friend and I saw The Prom at the Fox Theatre and my friend gifted me with a tiara so I could be a prom Queen 😂. Afterwards I got my margarita and a platter of chicken flautas instead of a burrito. I have leftovers for today. So many of you remind us about wearing a mask, I thought I’d post my headshot so you can see my tiara and my mask.

Prayers to all on the cares list 🙏. And woohoo, may the celebrations be plentiful 🍷.

Take care, all St Louis Sal

51A6274D-5CE8-4498-A1F4-06D6AC046953.jpeg

Nice photo.

Graham.

• Like 6

@Cruzin Terri I'm sorry you're in so much pain; hopefully you'll be able to find relief soon!

@dfish good luck at the dentist tomorrow - some of them can make it effortless, while others make it feel like you've run a marathon and you come out in a full sweat.

@grapau27 what a beautiful couple you are - you look like you could have hosted the tea party at the palace!  Your wife is so photogenic; I'm sure she hasn't ever taken a bad photo.

@St. Louis Sal love the tiara!  It reminded me of the time when the Mama Mia stage troupe came here and 6 couples went together to see the show.  I went and bought each of the ladies a tiara which we all put on and sang loudly along to "Dancing Queen"!

@kazu I hope you've been able to get through the ice and snow to have even a quick visit with Jose.  Please let him know we're all thinking about him, wishing him the very best.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2