Return flight from Amsterdam to US

Jordanyaya1

2 hours ago, Jordanyaya1 said:

I’m using the proctored test before the cruise and will use for our required return to US testing. I’m familiar with these since I’ve used the non-proctored ones already. Simple to use. I presume I’ll have to purchase the Premium wifi package which will run around $360 for our cruise but I’d probably spend as much on tests, cab fares, etc.

Can anyone comment on how reliable the Premium wifi package is while at sea? Our last day will be at sea and not sure how it will work trying to execute the proctored test.

PS. I spoke to Celebrity several times and no one can confirm that testing will be available the morning of disembarkation at Amsterdam port.  

I would say pretty reliable but you may want to do it either early or late in the day instead of prime time.   I have had numerous Zoom Video meetings while aboard even on TransAtlantics and only occasionally hit a dead spot or scrambled video.   I'm also able to stream Netflix.      

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/7/2022 at 10:50 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Have you considered doing your own testing using the same Proctored Test that celebrity uses.   I know many of the airlines like United point to these same site Optum that Celebrity uses.  Make sure you order in time before you leave the U.S. and download the app to your smart phone or tablet before you leave.  Might also speed things up if you create your accounts before you leave.  

With the self test you could test from the comfort you you room or the Internet Cafe the day before your flight.   I presume you would require the Premium Internet.

From UAL site:

image.thumb.png.917527708fde33218a98d18ba9121949.png

We use Binax and will be using it onboard if we have to do it come Aug.

On 2/8/2022 at 2:04 PM, Purplsmurf said:

You know this how? As a US Citizen it really sucks that we can’t fly home without testing, but yet other countries will let us in with no testing 🤷🏻‍♀️

It is maddening.  You can walk, drive, or take a boat, no problem.  Makes NO sense. 

On 2/8/2022 at 4:46 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I would say pretty reliable but you may want to do it either early or late in the day instead of prime time.   I have had numerous Zoom Video meetings while aboard even on TransAtlantics and only occasionally hit a dead spot or scrambled video.   I'm also able to stream Netflix.      

Did you stream Netflix from your phone?  Also, was it the US version of Netflix?  The IP address didnt cause issues?  Just curious as we prepare for our Aug APEX trip

On 2/8/2022 at 4:19 AM, Denny01 said:

And Schiphol airport is a minimum 30min taxi and 45 min train from the Amsterdam station and that is when there is lower traffic so be aware Its not close. And that’s when all works cleanly. 

den

Amsterdam Central Station to Schiphol Airport is only 20 mins by train and they run approximately every 10-15mins and you’re straight into the airport - 5 euros per person ……taxis generally take much longer due to traffic and will cost you at least 50euros. I fly into Amsterdam regularly for business and the train is by far the best way to and from Amsterdam Central 

According to iHealth website, tablets and smart phones can’t be used. 

Technical Requirements 

The device you use to complete the appointment MUST meet the following requirements:

icon_wifi-1646944420971.svg?v=1646944422

Have a stable and video-capable Wi-Fi connection.

icon_laptop-1646944420979.svg?v=1646944432

Use an Internet-connected laptop or desktop computer only; tablets and smartphones are NOT supported.

icon_camera-1-1646944420977.svg?v=1646944428

The computer must have a mic AND a front-facing webcam.

icon_chrome-1646944420975.svg?v=1646944425

Compatible web browser: Google Chrome.