Sky Princess Aft larger Balconies, deck 15, 14, 11 and 9 - any pros or con's?

rodndonna

We are booking our first Princess cruise (actually our second booking, but this is a cancel/rebooking of that one) and are going with the Sky Princess Dec 2022. As it is quite some time out, we have the luxury of lots of room options.

We have settled on an Aft balcony as we would like a larger balcony and did an aft on HAL which we really enjoyed. That being the case, we have seen and read that the aft balcony sizes are not all the same, but those on decks 9,11,14 and 15 are quite a bit larger, but are wondering if there are any other things to look out for.

I know 15 is has the disadvantage of having the Lido above it, although I do like walking one floor for the amenities on the Lido.

Someone mentioned that the lower floor balconies can be viewed somewhat from the balconies above. Not sure that would bother me much (we're not that interesting to look at), but then maybe deck 14 would be better than 9 or 11.

Are there any advantage or disadvantages between the larger aft balconies 9, 11, 14  and 15 that I am not aware of?

We recently had a deck 9 corner suite on the Majestic. And, from my little bit of research it seemed to be one of the largest WITH the most cover (which is not a lot on this class aft suite balcony). We loved it!

13 minutes ago, gkacky said:

We recently had a deck 9 corner suite on the Majestic. And, from my little bit of research it seemed to be one of the largest WITH the most cover (which is not a lot on this class aft suite balcony). We loved it!

Those suites do look wonderful. We've only recently 'graduated' from inside rooms to the aft balconies, so we need a few more years to graduate to the the suites 😃

I could be wrong, but I recall reading the coverage on the balconies are not the same as well. If I understand correctly, the large balconies have a bit of the overhang where the smaller ones do not. I hope that is the case as we like an overhang for the sun.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

This photo of Royal Princess’ aft facing cabins might be useful.

image.thumb.jpeg.e5938b6c4d88d07e0a055c38316edccd.jpeg

Thanks for this! From the photo it appears we would have to book Baja(11) or Dolphin(9) to get something of an overhang for some shade with the larger balcony.

12 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

Thanks for this! From the photo it appears we would have to book Baja(11) or Dolphin(9) to get something of an overhang for some shade with the larger balcony.

Other angles from below:

image.thumb.jpeg.27d601bbcd643821ee9fe8e4909e5b34.jpeg

image.jpeg.978704c1f30e0e73a608568c42d75a6e.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Thanks 1

n.thumb.jpg.7b0afa6e100ca199c4b9d045617e

Go to the Princess website and find the deck plans for the Sky. That will show you the larger balconies. Dolphin, Baja, Riviera, and Marina balconies are larger. From the pic, you can see what kin of above coverage there is. Aft is our favorite.

• 1 year later...
30 minutes ago, worldtraveller said:

Do you have any photos of D726 on the Sky (inside/outside)? We are in it in December.

There is an awesome video on YouTube for that exact cabin.

The balcony is HUGE!!!  We have it booked again in December as well. And again in Feb 2025. I think it’s the best cabin in the entire Princess fleet!

Edited by Sox Fan Cruiser
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2023 at 3:35 PM, mmcconnell1618 said:

I found this photo helpful in identifying the size of the rear balconies on the Sky Princess. Deck 15 is right below the pool in this picture.

image.thumb.jpeg.b291a1d9f917a36724d13738feee92d3.jpeg

Wow, I'm booked in D26 on March 2025. Thanks for posting 

On 11/11/2023 at 8:37 AM, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

There is an awesome video on YouTube for that exact cabin.

The balcony is HUGE!!!  We have it booked again in December as well. And again in Feb 2025. I think it’s the best cabin in the entire Princess fleet!

This cabin is AWESOME! We will be in it for 15 nights! I can't wait!