Multiple people using same credit card for Medallion pay?

Manda2831

Hi there! We just booked our first Ocean Medallion cruise and both my husband and I have downloaded the Ocean Medallion app and connected our booking. If one of us adds the credit card we want to use for our onboard account, it won't allow us to use the same card for the other one. It says the primary user needs to add the second as an authorized user, but I can't figure out how to do that. 

Does anyone know? Surely this isn't the first time this has come up, but I tried searching the boards and the threads are so long, it's difficult to search. I've also tried the search function with no good results. 

Any help would be most appreciated, as were sailing with a group and I know I'm going to get this question at least 5 more times. 

Thank you!!!

When I put my credit card info in on the application, there was a box to check to add my wife as an authorized user.  We have always done this.

I do not know if it have worked if my wife tried to put in my credit card info under her name.  That might be your problem, having the non-primary card holder input the info.

I've been going back and forth with App Support today in regards to credit card.  They have some major glitches in regards to credit cards right now.  I am waiting for another call back from the support guy.  I am trying to delete my card from Shoreside but when I do, exit the app and log back in...the card is still there!  So...when I try to add it on Shipboard side it says "Payment already exists".  They're "working on it"...😆

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

There should be a list of people on your reservation somewhat down the payment page. You can add them as authorized users. At least that's what I've seen and done.

Yes, agree. That's exactly how I did it.

Thanks everyone! It seems as though the app (and the website) are being a bit glitchy today. I'll circle back and try to do it again tomorrow. When I load that page of the app now, my part to add my husband as an authorized user does actually show up, but disappears when the page loads fully. 🤪

I've had major glitches with the app for our upcoming trip which I never had on our previous medallion voyages.

I got it somewhat fixed using the chat feature....but somehow my husband became the owner of the credit card which is in my name and it has me as an authorized user.

I've had so many issues with the app that I am just leaving it alone. If it causes any problems with purchases once we are on the ship, I'll fix it when we are onboard.

I'm sure you'll also be able to fix it once you are onboard. The one thing Princess is going to want is for the both of you to be able to make purchases!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I've been going back and forth with App Support today in regards to credit card.  They have some major glitches in regards to credit cards right now.  I am waiting for another call back from the support guy.  I am trying to delete my card from Shoreside but when I do, exit the app and log back in...the card is still there!  So...when I try to add it on Shipboard side it says "Payment already exists".  They're "working on it"...😆

I had similar issue way back when I setup/included shoreside.  I don't remember how I got rid of it.  Now I just have credit card setup regular for Princess folio.  Maybe I deleted out the credit card(s) which killed shoreside, logged out, and started again?  Another day???

The recent update (FEB 4) included fix(es) for credit card entry.  Who knows if they got all the bugs?  Android Release is now 3.0.98752.  IDK what Apple is at.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Manda2831 said:

Thanks everyone! It seems as though the app (and the website) are being a bit glitchy today. I'll circle back and try to do it again tomorrow. When I load that page of the app now, my part to add my husband as an authorized user does actually show up, but disappears when the page loads fully. 🤪

I had the same issue for the longest time on the app.  Credit card was there, it was valid, just could not add either of us, and it showed the dreaded red X.  I tried my credit card, and my wife's card, and nothing we did worked.  

Last last week I tried something different, when I was scrolling through the tabs, rather than attempt to add the credit card on the OceanReady Profile tab (first one you see), I scrolled all the way down and found a section called Medallion Pay Rewards. 

On that tab there is an link where you can click on Manage Payment methods.    It is here that I opened up that section of the  payment app, then selected the credit card and then added my wife, and poof everything worked.  All my links turned to Green check marks, and it shows up as successful on the first tab.

Edited by Valiamo

5 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I'm having that exact same issue. 

55 minutes ago, Valiamo said:

I had the same issue for the longest time on the app.  Credit card was there, it was valid, just could not add either of us, and it showed the dreaded red X.  I tried my credit card, and my wife's card, and nothing we did worked.  

Last last week I tried something different, when I was scrolling through the tabs, rather than attempt to add the credit card on the OceanReady Profile tab (first one you see), I scrolled all the way down and found a section called Medallion Pay Rewards. 

On that tab there is an link where you can click on Manage Payment methods.    It is here that I opened up that section of the  payment app, then selected the credit card and then added my wife, and poof everything worked.  All my links turned to Green check marks, and it shows up as successful on the first tab.

• Like 1

Just now, Princess Cruises Fann said:
57 minutes ago, Valiamo said:

Amazing! I tried that and that did the trick. After weeks of not being able to add a payment, I am now in the Green Lane. 

6 hours ago, hllwdcruiser said:

somehow my husband became the owner of the credit card which is in my name and it has me as an authorized user.

As far as Princess is concerned (and it worked this way when CC information was entered via the Personalizer), one person on the booking can enter in any valid credit card no matter who is the owner as far as the CC company is concerned.

That person for Princess purposes is now the primary for that CC and can authorize others on the booking to have their onboard account charged to it.

Once you have been authorized to use a CC by another person, you cannot enter in your own credit card number (even if it is the same number) unless the other person removes the authorization for you to use the card they entered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, caribill said:

As far as Princess is concerned (and it worked this way when CC information was entered via the Personalizer), one person on the booking can enter in any valid credit card no matter who is the owner as far as the CC company is concerned.

That person for Princess purposes is now the primary for that CC and can authorize others on the booking to have their onboard account charged to it.

Once you have been authorized to use a CC by another person, you cannot enter in your own credit card number (even if it is the same number) unless the other person removes the authorization for you to use the card they entered.

Thanks for this. I was hoping it wouldn't be too much of an issue. Good to know it won't be one at all.