ATD. How to be seated with others w/app?

Momma1980

Anyone have experience with checking in for dining table while requesting to be seated with others from another cabin?

Wondering if there is a way to do this using the Hub app.  Or do they allow you to walk up and ask for a table assignment?

We have ATD on the Magic. 

We always just showed up in person and requested a table for however many was in our group. They would try to seat us right away if possible or they would let us know how long the wait was. We always tried to meet up at times when it wouldn’t be too busy. 

51 minutes ago, Momma1980 said:

Anyone have experience with checking in for dining table while requesting to be seated with others from another cabin?

Wondering if there is a way to do this using the Hub app.  Or do they allow you to walk up and ask for a table assignment?

Yes, you can link using the Hub app -- I think it's via "cruise companions."    We did it on the Mardi Gras but someone else in our bookings (4 total) handled it.  

You can also request that your bookings be linked when you all check in at the MDR and thereafter, they'll know to seat you together when you show up.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our cabins were linked before we cruised. When were on the hub app it pulled all of our names. We choose which were joining for breakfast or dinner. The other cabin would get a notification that they were checked in. Then all of us got a notification when the table was ready. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cruisinqt said:

We always just showed up in person and requested a table for however many was in our group. They would try to seat us right away if possible or they would let us know how long the wait was. We always tried to meet up at times when it wouldn’t be too busy. 

In Dec on the Pride for ATD they wouldn't let us just show up, we were told we had to request seating via the app and we were right outside the dining room. PIA.

9 hours ago, Momma1980 said:

The app has a box asking if you will sit with others.

On 2/10/2022 at 6:52 AM, Pyrate13 said:

In Dec on the Pride for ATD they wouldn't let us just show up, we were told we had to request seating via the app and we were right outside the dining room. PIA.

Yeah I forgot that they started doing that. I guess the crowds around ATD was a mess. But the app has a box where you can link the parties together if you’d rather do it via the app. Just use the search button and add them on. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, JHCruiser123 said:

What if you have a fixed dining time and do not want to be seated with others?  When and how do you request that?  Do you wait until you are on-board?

We usually like it to just be our family when we eat dinner too. I have two introverts that don’t handle strangers very well. We always go to the MDR and check where we are assigned to sit. If it’s a table just for us we are ok with that and leave. But if it’s at a bigger table mixed with other guests we ask the person in charge to make sure we have our own private table. They usually have no problem moving us. I’ve heard that since the pandemic started they’ve been keeping groups separated from each other and seating families together (but apart from the rest). I hope that’s true. It will save us a lot of time.