Question S Class SS Accessible Bathroom

TeachAloha

We have been assigned an accessible sky suite (2136) on our next Eclipse cruise. Some reviews say the open accessible shower means water everywhere and to get extra towels for the floor. Silly question, but I was thinking of throwing a $1 store shower liner and a small tension rod in luggage to avoid the mess. Is the shower designed in a way that would allow this? TIA! 

14 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I believe that is a rolled up beach towel. The shower is a roll in so no barrier, the ships motion causes some water to escape.  Calm seas no problem, rough seas another story.

A rolled up towel or 2 works fine. 

I thought the same when I first looked but when I zoomed in you can see the ends of what looks like a vinyl bladder - similar to what they sometime use around the pool on rocking days.

If it is a towel it is done much better than what I had to do on an M-Class.  We had rough seas and had to use lots o towels as the dike was only about 60% effective

90002838-FF9D-45FF-8E6E-955B17CA754D.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain

Thank you all so much! The pictures were super helpful 🙂 Looks like an extra shower curtain may not do the trick. I always hate to create extra work/laundry for the staff but I think towels will be the way to go... Or maybe a cut-to-fit pool noodle 😉

I haven’t been in SS on an S class, but I do cruise in an accessible cabin. Most have a drain grid across the opening as well as one in the corner. I haven’t had a problem with water outside the shower except what I drip on the floor. If you are concerned, a towel will be a bit extra protection. But don’t shower in high seas 🙂

DD706553-3AC5-413B-ADD5-9F6BF7F586F7.jpeg

• Like 2

Had an accessible Sky Suite on Reflection in November.  We had calm water the entire trip.  While we did have SOME water come out of the shower, we didn't have any issues with it going all over.  

There is the drain in the shower, one by the toilet and one at the entryway to the bathroom itself.  Our experience was that as long as we didn't stand in the shower forever, we didn't have much water in the main part of the bathroom.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TeachAloha said:

We have been assigned an accessible sky suite (2136) on our next Eclipse cruise. ......

My husband keeps a history of our cruises which includes the stateroom numbers.  That number sounded vaguely familiar so I checked his spreadsheet.  We were actually in that stateroom on the Eclipse.  I don't recall any serious issues with water sloshing out of the shower.

• Like 1

Booked  a SS Guarantee in September  for an August cruise with no room assignment until today.   Guess what I was assigned?   Yup and Accessible Sky Suite.   I'm surprised they are assigning it this early and not allow a person who needs on be able to get one. 

This is a Greenland cruise and only Inside or ocean view the only thing available for months.

I'm hoping a SS will open up closer to sailing and will ask to be moved.   I was happy to grab the SS when I did even though it's a guarantee as the ship has been virtually sold out for the past year.   At lest the next segmentI have a nice aft corner S1.