P&O flights

Hightackle84

23 hours ago, purplesea said:

I had an e-mail earlier on in the week saying I would be able to book my flights for Malta from today.

Our's is a TUI flight out of Bristol on the 28th April. Went on line this evening and have them booked them without any problems.

On same cruise and managed to booked our seats from Manchester yesterday

• Like 1

2 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Likely they have yet to confirm airplane layout.

Sorry Moley, but that is a really weak excuse. Jet2 operate just a couple of Boeing variants, and must know by now which aircraft will be flying in April.

The airtankers will not be used in Ukraine,  so that is no excuse either.

23 hours ago, avalex72 said:

Can't book my Malta flight from Glasgow yet. My flight is with Jet2, but my Ta has sent me the web address to book. Obviously it's not updated yet, will keep trying. 

when do you go? we are also flying from Glasgow but not until 29 September

On 2/26/2022 at 11:40 PM, wowzz said:

Sorry Moley, but that is a really weak excuse. Jet2 operate just a couple of Boeing variants, and must know by now which aircraft will be flying in April.

The airtankers will not be used in Ukraine,  so that is no excuse either.

Tried again to book seats this morning. Still no joy. Rang my TA. They suggested that I get in touch with P@O. Turns out everybody flying to Malta was sent the same email but anyone flying with Jet2 on a scheduled flight where P&O only book a block of seats have to contact Jet2 themselves to book. I asked if I could expect the correct email and he replied 'don't bank on it'.

On 2/27/2022 at 3:31 PM, Barbadossunshine said:

The flights from Manchester to Barbados for the fly/cruise can someone advise what times they depart on the Saturday at? 

Thank you.

We fly from Manchester at 11.05am on  saturday March 12th

10 hours ago, Pencil62 said:

Tried again to book seats this morning. Still no joy. Rang my TA. They suggested that I get in touch with P@O. Turns out everybody flying to Malta was sent the same email but anyone flying with Jet2 on a scheduled flight where P&O only book a block of seats have to contact Jet2 themselves to book. I asked if I could expect the correct email and he replied 'don't bank on it'.

I didn't realise it was a scheduled flight. P&O have used Jet2 for charters before too.

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

I didn't realise it was a scheduled flight. P&O have used Jet2 for charters before too.

It seems P&O are also using Air Malta from LHR.

Will P&O be testing at LHR for these fly cruises ?

Some days ago I received the email to say I could book my seats on the flight two days or so after the higher tiers had their pick. That time has come and gone but still I can't book, it is a TUI charter flight, I know others have had the same issue and I wondered if it made a difference if you booked via a TA which this time I have.

On 2/26/2022 at 7:18 PM, latin princess said:

On same cruise and managed to booked our seats from Manchester yesterday

Can I ask what time your Manchester flight leaves from Manchester? 

I realise there may be more than one flight from there, but we will be flying Manchester to Malta later in the summer and we are getting a bit worried about how early we will need to be at the airport considering I have seen mention of people having to be there way ahead of Caribbean cruises for testing etc.  We will be staying overnight in an airport hotel, but had not anticipated leaving the hotel earlier than about 4.00am. 

Finally been able to book the seats for my flight.

This is the first time I have flown with young children and couldn’t believe P&O / Tui charge £17.50 per person to book the seat, mean for my son and daughter-in-law they have to pay £140 (for return) to sit next to their 2&5 year olds. I understand they would need to pay so we can sit as a group but to have to pay for the children to not only money grabbing but in my view morally wrong.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

Finally been able to book the seats for my flight.

This is the first time I have flown with young children and couldn’t believe P&O / Tui charge £17.50 per person to book the seat, mean for my son and daughter-in-law they have to pay £140 (for return) to sit next to their 2&5 year olds. I understand they would need to pay so we can sit as a group but to have to pay for the children to not only money grabbing but in my view morally wrong.

Further to my post, I have been in contact with my TA to see what they say (I have a very good relationship with them) and this is the main part of their response after contacting Tui.

"I have checked TUI policy on seats with children under 12 will be seated with at least one adult in your party. 
This means either in the same row, one row in front or behind, or across the aisle."

This in my view is not good enough, how would you like to sat next to someone else's 2 year old when their parent is in the row in front or behind! That is without considering how the parents would feel with their child in a different row.

I have written both to P&O and Tui regarding this matter. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

Further to my post, I have been in contact with my TA to see what they say (I have a very good relationship with them) and this is the main part of their response after contacting Tui.

"I have checked TUI policy on seats with children under 12 will be seated with at least one adult in your party. 
This means either in the same row, one row in front or behind, or across the aisle."

This in my view is not good enough, how would you like to sat next to someone else's 2 year old when their parent is in the row in front or behind! That is without considering how the parents would feel with their child in a different row.

I have written both to P&O and Tui regarding this matter. 

I agree 100% that this isn't good enough. Surely small children need to be directly next to a parent. Please keep us updated.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, charlie-le-chat said:

I agree 100% that this isn't good enough. Surely small children need to be directly next to a parent. Please keep us updated.

I have an update.

No response from P&O but no surprise there but I do have a response from TUI, they need the flight booking reference that I can obtain from P&O so no hope there.

I have sent all the details of the flights, details of the passengers and my inside leg measurement just in case that helps.  

For those of you flying to Malta have P&O confirmed what the situation is with regard to Covid testing ?   Considering booking on one for May but can't see anywhere on the P&O site explaining how any Covid testing works for fly cruises.

Edited by Francisdrake

1 hour ago, Francisdrake said:

For those of you flying to Malta have P&O confirmed what the situation is with regard to Covid testing ?   Considering booking on one for May but can't see anywhere on the P&O site explaining how any Covid testing works for fly cruises.

Not easy to find:

https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence/preparing-to-sail#at-the-airport

Also info on what may happen when we actually get there:

https://www.pocruises.com/content/dam/po/pdfs/A-Z-destination-entry-requirements-guide-2-March-2022.pdf#A-Z destination entry requirements guide Jan 22_OH.indd%3A.33995%3A66

• Like 1

I too have been looking for the information required before a flight to Malta but can't find it. The link above only refers to flights to the Caribbean. 

I am just assuming that P&O will issue the necessary information nearer the time.