Jason Montague Holds Town Hall on Mariner 11 Feb 22

mrlevin

Just teeing up the topic so BBWC and others can report on the town hall reportedly held this morning.  Really interested in reports that the next ship post-Grandeur will return to being a smaller ship than Explorer Class.

Edited by mrlevin

Nothing at all said about any ship after Grandeur other than that it will be the last Explorer class ship. The Town Hall was mostly about explaining their late decision for rerouting of the world cruise, and plans for the next few months. At this time, Brazil does not look good, but we should know more next week.

Jason also reaffirmed that they will not get into expedition cruising (question about Crystal Endeavor).

They will keep capacity limited through March, but expect to be pretty much at full capacity after that.

He also shared a general overview of the 2025 WC itinerary.

Let me know if any questions.

Thanks for the synopsis.  If Brazil doesn't look good, did it sound like that would affect both Mariner and Navigator Amazon cruises?  Nothing about new CDC guidance?  Will Regent still "opt-in" to CDC voluntary guidance?  

What does 2025 WC look like?  Full circumnavigation?  Mariner?

thanks,

Marc

He only talked specifically about the Mariner Amazon cruise since it is earlier.

As to the CDC, basically he seemed quite frustrated. Industry is talking with the CDC again today and Monday, and they hope to come to some resolution, but he did not seem very optimistic. He didn’t mention the voluntary guidance and no one asked.

Explanation for the last minute change was the rapidly changing situation with omicron and the need to make decisions very fast. Their options were to cancel the entire cruise, tell us at the hotel as they did, or wait until everyone boarded the ship to let us know (he did not want the crew to endure the wrath of the disappointed cruisers). They wanted to go ahead with the cruise, even though cancellation would have cost them less.

2025 WC: Starting in Miami around the southern tip of South America, Tahiti, New Zealand, Australia, then on to Asia and returning to San Francisco.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vandyv said:

The 2025 World Cruise sounds like a partial re-do of the original 2022 itinerary.  Does anybody have an idea of when it becomes available for booking?  Thanks, Vandy 

July of this year.

• 2 weeks later...

BBWC, since you have been and may still be on the Mariner as it laps the Caribbean, I have a question I hope you can answer. Who are the Hotel Manager, Cruise Director and F&B Manager currently on the Mariner? We are caught up in the current Amazon cancellation and it might help us decide if we are going to do the March segment or not. Thanks.

TW

11 hours ago, TWG_ag said:

BBWC, since you have been and may still be on the Mariner as it laps the Caribbean, I have a question I hope you can answer. Who are the Hotel Manager, Cruise Director and F&B Manager currently on the Mariner? We are caught up in the current Amazon cancellation and it might help us decide if we are going to do the March segment or not. Thanks.

TW

Cruise director is Paul Reynolds and F&B Manager is Douglas MacKenzie. Don’t know about Hotel Manager.

9 hours ago, BBWC said:

Cruise director is Paul Reynolds and F&B Manager is Douglas MacKenzie. Don’t know about Hotel Manager.

Any idea how much longer Paul will be on? I've always liked him, but haven't cruised with him for many years. I'll be on Mariner in May, and am hoping he'll be CD on that cruise.

14 hours ago, wishIweretravelling said:

Any idea how much longer Paul will be on? I've always liked him, but haven't cruised with him for many years. I'll be on Mariner in May, and am hoping he'll be CD on that cruise.

Don’t know but he just came on 10 days ago.