OBSERVATIONS FROM THE POOP DECk SEASHORE FEB 12

morpheusofthesea

13 hours ago, AngryBirdah said:

WHAT A VIEW!!!  A cabin like this is a definitely life goal!

Thanks again. I needed that !  We have 'spent' a lifetime (time, again) of delayed gratification. This pandemic has awaken us to the fragility of our existence. Didn't realize how really good suite class was until now. No longer in a saving phase, it's now a spending phase. No more 'sour grapes'. I have become a cruise "Pollyanna". 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

First time we ever encountered a barber shop on board ship. It has always been the task of the ship's carpenter to cut and shave.

Never have had seen a barber shop on board a ship, but, the ocean liners of the past, i.e. the Cunard Queens did.  

You jest about the ship's carpenter for doing a cut and shave?  Spa staff on HAL ships have been able to provide a cut, shave, and a min-facial equal, if not better, than some local barbers that I have experienced.  

• Like 1

Could you please tell me if the public outside smoking areas are port or starboard?  This will help me determine where to book my cabin for our upcoming cruise.  Thanks in advance!  On Seaside, one area was outside of what would now be Brooklyn Cafe, wondering if this is still true.

20 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Yes !  This is what I am focusing on in my reviews. Service, Treatment. It makes the food taste better, the wine fuller, the sun less harsh, the breezes cooler, the air we breath purer.

Today we docked with the sun radiating into our balcony for this morning. So we moseyed on up, one deck to YC Pool and approached a red cap/shirt pool attendant to grab some royal blue YC towels and picked out this cabana in the shade ($5 tip to unfold the towels properly on the cushioned deck loungers). Life is good in the YC.

IMG_1535.jpg

Where is the cooler?

1 minute ago, dexddd said:

Where is the cooler?

Up on the YC Pool deck in the hot Jamaican sun the breeze was cooler in the shade. Now if you are referring to the 'stocked' beverage cooler that the RS cabanas were accustomed on Seaside and Divina I will ask. There were no such 'coolers' present yesterday. The pool attendants would come by and inquire and run for drinks.

10 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Up on the YC Pool deck in the hot Jamaican sun the breeze was cooler in the shade. Now if you are referring to the 'stocked' beverage cooler that the RS cabanas were accustomed on Seaside and Divina I will ask. There were no such 'coolers' present yesterday. The pool attendants would come by and inquire and run for drinks.

Yes, the baby blue with white lid coolers.  Usually have variety of drinks and champers/sparkling wine.

12 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Yes, the baby blue with white lid coolers.  Usually have variety of drinks and champers/sparkling wine.

Did not spy any coolers of any color at any cabana. Will investigate further. Did notice that there are not as many butlers as in the past. Maitre d' commented when asked that everyone is still not back. With only just over 1000 guests, it is not really noticeable. 

7 hours ago, relaxatsea said:

Could you please tell me if the public outside smoking areas are port or starboard?  This will help me determine where to book my cabin for our upcoming cruise.  Thanks in advance!  On Seaside, one area was outside of what would now be Brooklyn Cafe, wondering if this is still true.

During our after breakfast walk-about  we found these smoking areas. Noticeably all on the Starboard side of the ship.

IMG_1589.jpg

IMG_1590.jpg

IMG_1592.jpg

IMG_1599.jpg

• Like 1

More items offered by Venchi. Noticed that two of the main dining rooms are closed due to so few on board this sailing. The YC restaurant has an offering every evening for dessert of the Venchi gelato and for lunch. For breakfast, besides the pastry and croissants, they have these very light and airy white or chocolate glazed donuts and even lighter creme filled berliners. (I absolutely cannot take two full weeks of this decadence).

IMG_1584.jpg

IMG_1585.jpg

• Thanks 1

The architects of today's cruise ships are definitely incorporating what the scientific futurist envisioned.  Our sliding door to the balcony is push button motorized open and close. Select doors to the decks are touchless, drapery rods are motorized in cabin.

Edited by morpheusofthesea

20 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Our cabin view at the front of the ship. DW likes this suite better than the the Celebrity Edge Villa.

IMG_1601.jpg

IMG_1600.jpg

I'd say you have enough YC towels in your cabin!  Do they not give them out on the pool deck anymore?