OBSERVATIONS FROM THE POOP DECk SEASHORE FEB 12

morpheusofthesea

12 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

This comes in an envelope in ones suite cabin on first day on board, newspaper list to choose. Placed every morning outside ones cabin door.

IMG_1649.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1641.jpg

A great perk, but on our cruise last week, there was a problem with the printing press, resulting in a black vertical bar in the center of all pages.  Has that been fixed?

12 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

This comes in an envelope in ones suite cabin on first day on board, newspaper list to choose. Placed every morning outside ones cabin door.

This was an amenity that I appreciated very much.  I am a "reader" and enjoy my morning local newspaper.  

2 hours ago, NYHartChapp said:

A great perk, but on our cruise last week, there was a problem with the printing press, resulting in a black vertical bar in the center of all pages.  Has that been fixed?

\Do not know. Saw this paper hanging on a neighbors door and looked through our welcome papers to find list. Also brought a book with me that I never read. Having too good of a time eating and drinking and going to shows. Besides, who really needs a dose of doom and gloom always found in the news today while on vacation ?

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

This was an amenity that I appreciated very much.  I am a "reader" and enjoy my morning local newspaper.  

I, too, am a reader. Which reminds me of a quote. "I like a good story well told, that is the reason I am forced to tell them myself." Mark Twain

Thanks for listening.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I close this thread with a paraphrase of Immanuel Kant , "There are three keys to happiness, having something to do, someone to love, and (a cruise) to look forward to."

Absolutely agree, and thanks so much for your great review and photos!

• Thanks 1

Another observation comes to mind. On a couple of occasions when we were excited about a certain venue and expressed our enthusiasm to a waiter, room steward, sommelier, (any member of staff), they were clueless as to what we were raving about. We noticed a couple staff were switched out and in after our visit to Ocean Cay. A new butler in the TopSail Lounge the last evening approached us immediately asking if we needed anything. We did as it happened. We were searching for our YC director to thank him and asked her if she'd seen Mr. B (we used his full name, not title). She said "sorry I do not know that gentleman." She didn't know her new boss?

The next morning one of our room stewards was gone replaced by a new steward who when asked a question said he was new and just got on yesterday (Ocean Cay). (Lucky we tipped the night before). 

Many new faces. When we asked (as all repeaters are prone) about where our old butler Vishnu was (He wont be back, he opened his own restaurant in Mauritius), our new butler Predeep said to us point blank "Forget Vishnu, you have 'Deep' now."

Now the point of this is that a couple 'repeaters' on for a B2B were complaining to the concierge (and anyone else that would listen) of their displeasure with the newbies not up to Yacht Club caliber in servicing their wants and needs.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Another observation comes to mind. On a couple of occasions when we were excited about a certain venue and expressed our enthusiasm to a waiter, room steward, sommelier, (any member of staff), they were clueless as to what we were raving about. We noticed a couple staff were switched out and in after our visit to Ocean Cay. A new butler in the TopSail Lounge the last evening approached us immediately asking if we needed anything. We did as it happened. We were searching for our YC director to thank him and asked her if she'd seen Mr. B (we used his full name, not title). She said "sorry I do not know that gentleman." She didn't know her new boss?

The next morning one of our room stewards was gone replaced by a new steward who when asked a question said he was new and just got on yesterday (Ocean Cay). (Lucky we tipped the night before). 

Many new faces. When we asked (as all repeaters are prone) about where our old butler Vishnu was (He wont be back, he opened his own restaurant in Mauritius), our new butler Predeep said to us point blank "Forget Vishnu, you have 'Deep' now."

Now the point of this is that a couple 'repeaters' on for a B2B were complaining to the concierge (and anyone else that would listen) of their displeasure with the newbies not up to Yacht Club caliber in servicing their wants and needs.

Thanks?!  Not what I wanted to hear going in to my B2B next week!  It will still be fine, I'm sure.  I can see Predeep saying that phrase you cited, though.  We have had both he and Vishnu as our butler, and both were very good.  I must admit that Vishnu was my first butler, so his service became the standard for us going forward.  A very good standard indeed!

Edited by JAGR
  • Like 2

On 2/15/2022 at 3:12 PM, morpheusofthesea said:

Yes.There are about 12 rolled up on a shelf starboard side of the grill. Day one we go up to the pool deck and gain the attention of a pool deck attendant. DW tells him we require 10 pool towels / day in our cabin. I grab 2, DW 2, attendant 6 and we traipse back to our cabin ($5 tip). DW uses them daily to cover the furniture we sit and lay on.

Is this for your cabin only or do you cover the dining and theater chairs as well?  

• Haha 1

I’ve enjoyed your review.  We are just off NCL Joy and took a similar shot of Disney Magic in Cozumel from the Haven.  
We booked our first MSC cruise for this October.  It is on the Grandiosa in the YC.  It was supposed to be on Crystal (as was last weeks) but since the ship was seized we found these alternates. 
I’m trying to learn as much as I can about MSC.  Thanks for the posts 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rxlowry said:

Is this for your cabin only or do you cover the dining and theater chairs as well?

Please, don't give DW more ideas, She hasn't thought of those places yet. But as an aside, one might like to place a towel on the cushioned chairs at the tables at the YC pool deck. Bathers sit in them after getting out of the pool and those of us older folks think we had an accident during our meal there.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Haha 1