Celebrity - Go Green Program

HBDave

Has anyone ever opted in on the Celebrity - Go Green Program? I'd like to know what was actually eliminated from the regular Room Stewart service. Thanks!

INCREASE YOUR CLUB POINTS
BY REDUCING YOUR FOOTPRINT

We're committed to protecting the world's seas and the rich
marine life they support. That's why our comprehensive program
Save the Waves guides everything we do. It emphasizes recycling,
pollution prevention, doing more than is required by law,
and constant innovation.

Our latest addition to this program, Go Green
SM, allows you to
earn Captain's Club rewards and enjoy the same extraordinary
experiences, while conserving energy, and using fewer resources.
Learn more and enroll today.

Dave, being nice to your cabin attendant will result in few if any changes vs the regular service.  We ask how we could make their job easier, if they cannot go ashore ask it we can get them anything.  Acts of kindness are appreciated - on one cruise the wife of our cabin attendant was a bartender.  . . .  

• Like 1

I have done it since it was started. In general, daytime service was unchanged, nighttime service was reduced to a simple bed turn down and having the curtains pulled.

For the first time though, on my most recent Reflection cruise my room steward asked if I normally showered in the morning before heading out for the day or in the late afternoon before dinner.  He said he could switch around the Go Green if I wanted him to, doing the larger service in the evening and the minimal service in the morning if that fit my schedule better.  

By the way he was one of the best room stewards I have ever had.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone find it odd that there's no type of confirmation email after filling out the form? I mean, I get a confirmation page that pops up, but it's very generic, lacking any details. This just seems like something you throw out there - and hope that it comes through (with no proof after the fact that you had requested it). 

🙂 

Tom

4 hours ago, SWFL Cruisers said:

I have signed up for it since the program started and I can honestly say that I have not noticed a difference in the cleaning process. The cabin has been great morning, noon and night!

I agree. Signed up for it for our Xmas/New Year cruise and did not notice any difference at all in the service our cabin attendant provided.

6 hours ago, SWFL Cruisers said:

I have signed up for it since the program started and I can honestly say that I have not noticed a difference in the cleaning process. The cabin has been great morning, noon and night!

Ditto.  The supposed difference is they don't wipe things down

I think I mentioned this in one of the other threads on the go green program.  This option was new to me.  On reflection earlier this year, my room steward said “I see you are in the go green program. Do you normally shower in the morning or in the afternoon before going to dinner? I can switch around the service so that the larger service is done in the evening and smaller service is done in the morning if it’s more convenient for you.”  So clearly, he had a list of who had enrolled in go green and was able to make adjustments if desired.

1 minute ago, cruisestitch said:

I think I mentioned this in one of the other threads on the go green program.  This option was new to me.  On reflection earlier this year, my room steward said “I see you are in the go green program. Do you normally shower in the morning or in the afternoon before going to dinner? I can switch around the service so that the larger service is done in the evening and smaller service is done in the morning if it’s more convenient for you.”  So clearly, he had a list of who had enrolled in go green and was able to make adjustments if desired.

I thinks it's GREAT that Celebrity offers this option. It's a far cry from Carnival (leaving this afternoon), where now it's one service per day.. pick your time.. like it or not, and no extra points for you. Don't even get me started on Carnival's point system. In ten years they have yet to break out of that 1 point for 1 day mentality. No bonus for spending, categories, promotions, etc... 1 dimensional.. BUT, we're ALMOST at 75 cruises which kicks in 75% of your cruise fare back as OBC. That's the last carrot on the stick I'm reaching for with them!

Tom

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, maggie.1008 said:

I am going to use Go Green for the first time. If I am on a 10 day cruise in Aqua Class do I receive 5 points ? 

Yes. I have done this twice and received 5 extra points for AC. 

• 1 year later...
4 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

Points usually show up around seven days after disembarcation.  Was it the same for this program?

The extra points showed up at the same time as the regular points. 

• Like 1