The NCL Haven Luxury VIP Experience "Secrets" REVISED for 2022

Sthrngary

7 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

Well I just crushed al of my saved air miles for this flight.  Not so much for me, more for my lovely bride.  She has never gone Business Class and only went to Europe once's decades ago. I got lucky and on my outbound flight we grabbed a "Delta One Suite" which even for me is unusual.  On the way back, it is the newer "Delta One".  I will really enjoy seeing her have the time of her life on those flights.  

Sadly, those point being gone makes this a "One and Done" kind of trip.  I am lucky to have my adult children that live two blocks away from me and they have "Dog Duty" of my 6 year old, HIGHLY reactive French Bulldog.  I know how guilty we both feel about leaving him home, just like you guys.  Dogs are better than people sometimes.  JMHO.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

I can understand why you would want to treat your wife well.

My wife's first husband was military and so was I.  She flew back and forth to Europe many, many times.  Now that her parents in Germany have passed, she sees no reason to go again.  I wish I could convince her to take a Danube river cruise.  She will humor me with a Caribbean cruise but there's no way she'll go back to Europe.  To be honest, I'm getting to the point where I don't think I want to fly to Europe.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

Allow me to share on two (2) situations.  First, the Haven 2-bedroom Family villa.  this is an extremely nice suite.  The second bedroom is just fine with a topper. The balcony is about the size of a Penthouse. The two-bedrooms have a smaller and larger veranda. Deck 18 is the smaller one and Deck 17 is the larger one.  The larger veranda has a very small area that extends in front of the shower.  No Two Bedroom Family villa are NOT in the bow of the ship to my knowledge.  They are on the sides. 

On (H2) Deluxe Owners Suite with Large Balcony.  There were only two of these puppies on the ship. They are in deed located above the Horizon Observation Lounge. They are indeed located in the front Bow of the ship where the veranda goes around the the side of the ship.  I was in one on the Joy for my Anniversary with my adult Children end of 2022.  I got this suite by being cancelled many times due to covid, took 125% FCC, had a 20% off coupon which was given after the third cancellation.  I LOVED this suite.  I even did a YouTube video on it.  This was without a doubt the nicest suite I have ever stayed in.  It was HUGE, it came with three bottles of spirits and all the mixers one could ever need.  When the ship was going at full speed, the balcony was windy for sure.  It did not stop us from enjoying it at all.  If the wind got to you, you had two choices.  You could go around the side which had a wind door and problem solved.  You could also go to the balcony connected to the Master Bedroom suite which was completely blocked by the wind. 

My family is very hard on me because they don't like cruising as I do.  I have never had a time where we all were so happy with everything as that 7-day cruise.  I enjoyed the experience so much being on the Bow that I just upgraded my upcoming trip on Oceania Cruises to a Vista Suite about the same size as the Owners Suite on the Joy in the same location (Bow) of the ship. We are actually, the deck above the Captains bridge.  

Cruise well everyone and enjoy every moment. 

@Sthrngary I'd love to see your Encore DOS video if you posted it online. There are only a few quality videos online - oddly, Harr videos, which shows the "whole" Encore Haven with suites, does not show the DOS. 

It would be lovely seeing this suite from your perspective. I did Google your CC name + Encore DOS but came up empty-handed. 

Warmest, Amy

11 hours ago, Hadacareer said:

Epic has them on 16 and 17…but they are enclosed balconies, which helps with the wind.

I had a Haven 2BR Family Villa booked on the Epic years ago.  At the last minute, I got switched into a forward facing Haven Penthouse with an enclosed balcony.  It stunk!  The 'penthouse' was smaller than the standard non-haven balcony we had originally booked and all you had in the balcony was a small window you could open which was about the size of a bathroom mirror.  The only way to get a breeze through it was to prop open the main cabin door which created a strong 'wind tunnel', so it was either feast or famine for a cooling breeze on your faux 'enclosed balcony.'  The bathroom only had a curtain to pull over, so there was absolutely no privacy at all when using the toilet.  We would have been better off without the Haven benefits just to have a normal balcony and a door for the toilet in the original balcony cabin down below.  

The Haven perks were marvelous!  But the cabin was the worst we have ever experienced.  It was the closest thing to an inside we ever had.👎👎👎👎👎

Edited by Daniel A
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, amygutman said:

@Sthrngary I'd love to see your Encore DOS video if you posted it online. There are only a few quality videos online - oddly, Harr videos, which shows the "whole" Encore Haven with suites, does not show the DOS. 

It would be lovely seeing this suite from your perspective. I did Google your CC name + Encore DOS but came up empty-handed. 

Warmest, Amy

@amygutman It was not the Encore.  I was the NCL Joy.  The good news is that the NCL Joy (H2) Deluxe Owners Suite with Large Balcony is exactly the same as the Encore with one exception.  The Joy had a Fireplace on the wall and the Encore did not.  Other then that, the same.  

I will post the video but to be quite frank, it is not my best work.  Here you go, enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We will have three adults in a 2BR Family Villa on the Breakaway.  Do you think we can 'grease' either the cabin steward or butler to provide one more balcony chair?  Is this something I can request from the pre-cruise concierge without needing to 'grease' anybody?  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

We will have three adults in a 2BR Family Villa on the Breakaway.  Do you think we can 'grease' either the cabin steward or butler to provide one more balcony chair?  Is this something I can request from the pre-cruise concierge without needing to 'grease' anybody?  

You don’t have to grease anyone, just ask your butler

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Yes and no.  Let me explain.  The Haven Two Bedroom Family villa has a small balcony.  It might not fit another chair.  Go on YouTube and view the suite with special consideration for the size of the Balcony.  If the chair will fit, ask the Haven pre-cruise desk or the butler when you get onboard.  No Grease needed.  

18 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Do you think we can 'grease' either the cabin steward or butler to provide one more balcony chair?

We simply asked for a lounger in addition to the 2 chairs for our penthouse last week. There was plenty of space, so it was no problem. 

Looking at 2 bds on a couple of ships for spring break (March/Easter week 2024), particularly the Breakaway and the Epic.  My (much) younger brother and his wife would be in the second bedroom.  How does one request the egg crate?  How big is the bed (double? queen?)?  While my husband and I are established  professionals, they are young teachers who are just thrilled about being in the haven, but I (obviously!) want them to be comfortable.  (They seem MUCH less concerned about this than DH and I are.)  FWIW, my 8 year old will also be in the room.   (We are also considering the Celebrity Apex, but would probably need to go to Concierge class to do that for comparative prices.... and, well, we loved the Haven in the Getaway in March.)   Thoughts, suggestions, comments appreciated. 😉 

5 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

Well I just crushed al of my saved air miles for this flight.  Not so much for me, more for my lovely bride.  She has never gone Business Class and only went to Europe once's decades ago. I got lucky and on my outbound flight we grabbed a "Delta One Suite" which even for me is unusual.  On the way back, it is the newer "Delta One".  I will really enjoy seeing her have the time of her life on those flights.  

Sadly, those point being gone makes this a "One and Done" kind of trip.  I am lucky to have my adult children that live two blocks away from me and they have "Dog Duty" of my 6 year old, HIGHLY reactive French Bulldog.  I know how guilty we both feel about leaving him home, just like you guys.  Dogs are better than people sometimes.  JMHO.

The Delta One Suite is the newer seat. It is pretty nice, try to get two seats sitting together in the middle. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fastpitchdad said:

The Delta One Suite is the newer seat. It is pretty nice, try to get two seats sitting together in the middle. 

Thank you. However my wife ALWAYS wants a window seat.  The Delta One Suites have seats close to the window a farther away.  My wife and I (Married for 44 years) are in row 2 and 4 closest to the window. She would pay big bucks to not have me near for a 10 hour flight. LoL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, fastpitchdad said:

Will NEVER give up my window seat! Many years flying in the Air Force, and I still love looking out the window. Must be the little kid in me.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

No, spirits bottles are only for Deluxe Owners Suites in Haven

Oh really ? Me and my wife we drink very little

3 bottles? What size  ? Can we choose what we want?

at the end of the cruise can we take it with us or give it away ?

tanx in advance 

• Like 1

Full size bottles, though the exact size may vary because some spirits come in different size bottles.

You can specify a choice, and they'll supply it if they have it available.

You can take it with you at debarkation.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SEA DOGY said:

Oh really ? Me and my wife we drink very little

3 bottles? What size  ? Can we choose what we want?

at the end of the cruise can we take it with us or give it away ?

tanx in advance 

Remember, this Only for the Haven Owners Suite, NOT other Haven rooms. Full Sized Bottles, list is given to you. Not every brand. Not litters.

Butler will get them for you when ever you want.

18 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

Well I just crushed al of my saved air miles for this flight.  Not so much for me, more for my lovely bride. 

I just did something similar last week.   The cost to upgrade to Delta one on our flight segment to Amsterdam in August dropped to $700 PP so I did the upgrade(never seen it that low).  For the same reason as you.  We also have two window seats... 🙂 

13 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

Thank you. However my wife ALWAYS wants a window seat.  The Delta One Suites have seats close to the window a farther away.  My wife and I (Married for 44 years) are in row 2 and 4 closest to the window. She would pay big bucks to not have me near for a 10 hour flight. LoL.

I must be doing something right. 42 years, and my wife always wants to sit next to me. Or maybe I'm just cuter than you. 😄

Edited by omahabob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, davencl said:

I just did something similar last week.   The cost to upgrade to Delta one on our flight segment to Amsterdam in August dropped to $700 PP so I did the upgrade(never seen it that low).  For the same reason as you.  We also have two window seats... 🙂 

@davencl Since you brought it up, it allows me to again show how completely insane I am with the details on my cruises.  Every single morning, I go to two sites.  The air brand and the cruise brand.

The Air Brand: I NEVER use cruise brand air which is a topic all to itself.  I used points so I do the same booking to see if I re-book it, will the number of points I used go down. Sometimes, when you don't expect it, Delta comes up with a Business Class to Europe/Asia promotions for business class using points.  In addition, I booked my guest "Fully Refundable Coach". I go to their booking so see what Delta is offering to upgrade for each segment.  So far I upgraded two of their domestic segments. One to Coach Comfort ($9.00 each) and the other to First Class ($49.00 each). I am hoping for a Business class segment to go low for an international leg, like what happened to you.

The Cruise Brand: Like many people, I book as early as I can for a cruise.  Then I look for fare reductions or special promotions.  On my current cruise leaving in November, I leveraged a four category upgrade and a sale that gave me a huge reduction in fare.  I felt like I won the lottery.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, omahabob said:

I must be doing something right. 42 years, and my wife always wants to sit next to me. Or maybe I'm just cuter than you. 😄

@omahabob     I am sure you are nicer and cuter than I am.  I also talk to much.  I think the best part of this flight for my wife will be private, alone time.  She will indulge in wine, decent food chooses with a ice cream sundae for desert, a movie or two and maybe take a nap on a flat bed on an air craft.  I fully expect to hear complaints that it was hard for her to sleep on her side.  Yet, a very exciting adventure for her. 

For me, it will remind me of the many international trips I took where I could not enjoy it because I was worried about work,  This time, it is all pleasure and I hope the the experience is much more pleasurable for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, omahabob said:

By the way, we're driving through Birmingham on the way to Orange Beach next week. I'll wave as we go by.

Wave if you're going  through Huntsville.

BTW, if  you're coming down I65, there's a Buc-ee's in Athens now.

Edited by RocketMan275
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Wave if you're going  through Huntsville.

You live in Huntsville?  Makes sense if you do, given your user name.

Been there many times!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

You live in Huntsville?  Makes sense if you do, given your user name.

Been there many times!

I worked Army rocket/missile systems for almost 40 years.  

Huntsville is one of the best kept secrets. One of the most upscale hi-tech communities 

If  you like my user name, you'll love me email.

rktctysooner@gmail.com

Edited by RocketMan275