Cruising on Apex 26 March stopping at San Juan, St Thomas , and ST Kitts

traveline

Hello everyone  my wife and I will be cruising on the Apex 26 March 2022. I did a port schedule for March and it shows Apex at Nassau on 27 March, no San Juan that's a sea day. St Thomas on 29 March and St Kitts on 30 March, 31 March and 1 April sea days. Just a heads up, there a problem now with San Juan. See you guys on the cruise.

My Apex cruise for April 9th is showing Nassau also instead of San Juan.

There still are a handful of ships still on the port schedule for SJ  including the Symphony.

I have been to SJ many times and unless on an excursion, given the late afternoon/evening arrival, do not feel safe walking the streets downtown after dark.

Last few times we were 1st off and it was already 4:30.

sunset is 6:35 

I will just be happy to be on a cruise again.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Floridadude said:

My Apex cruise for April 9th is showing Nassau also instead of San Juan.

There still are a handful of ships still on the port schedule for SJ  including the Symphony.

I have been to SJ many times and unless on an excursion, given the late afternoon/evening arrival, do not feel safe walking the streets downtown after dark.

Last few times we were 1st off and it was already 4:30.

sunset is 6:35 

I will just be happy to be on a cruise again.

Cheers!

This is from cruisemapper. There are other sites with port schedules that are the revised schedule also.

Sometimes the cruiseline won’t tell you until really close to sail date about port changes.

Looks like day 2 that was a sea day in now Nassau, along with 7 other ships.

Can we say CROWDED!  The port can handle only 8 ships max.

Day 3 was  supposed to be SJ, now sea day.

It is happening to all my friends that have cruised in the last 2+ month with the port changes.

DE5E8066-F788-4E18-A35E-5E7D8048DF9A.jpeg

On 2/13/2022 at 5:41 PM, traveline said:

Hello everyone  my wife and I will be cruising on the Apex 26 March 2022. I did a port schedule for March and it shows Apex at Nassau on 27 March, no San Juan that's a sea day. St Thomas on 29 March and St Kitts on 30 March, 31 March and 1 April sea days. Just a heads up, there a problem now with San Juan. See you guys on the cruise.

We are on that same cruise. What a bummer, Nassau is our most disliked port.  Guess we will remain on the ship  I love Puerto Rico and was hoping to go back again  Hopefully there will not be a lot of ships in port.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 9:41 PM, judla said:

We are on that same cruise. What a bummer, Nassau is our most disliked port.  Guess we will remain on the ship  I love Puerto Rico and was hoping to go back again  Hopefully there will not be a lot of ships in port.

On 2/14/2022 at 9:41 PM, judla said:

we have been to Nassau so many times we will stay on the ship also. We will still have a great time on the ship

I thought ships were starting to dock in again San Juan since they dropped the 48 hour test requirement. 

The crew-center.com website still shows Apex in port as scheduled on the 28th, but the cruisemapper site does not.  

Edited by garyl62

What a bummer.  Nassau is our most disliked port.  Guess we will stay on the ship and enjoy the pool.  We really liked Puerto Rico and were hoping to go back.  I guess we will find out when we get on board where we will sailing!  

On 2/16/2022 at 5:30 PM, traveline said:

we have been to Nassau so many times we will stay on the ship also. We will still have a great time on the ship

Nassau has now been changed to the last port on 1 Apr. We now have 2 sea days then ST Kitts then ST Thomas and a sea day then Nassau and back to Ft Lauderdale.

9 hours ago, traveline said:

Nassau has now been changed to the last port on 1 Apr. We now have 2 sea days then ST Kitts then ST Thomas and a sea day then Nassau and back to Ft Lauderdale.

How did you learn about this? The website and the app still show the original schedule including stopping in San Juan. 

The cruise company will not show it, but all the ports have a schedule of what ships and dates they are docking. Go to Cruise Mapper, click on ships then Celebrity and Apex itineraries at the bottom of the page. Click on 26 March 2022. It shows San Juan until you click on the date. It shows the actual ports. San Juan wants everyone to have a negative covid Test within 2 days of docking. Cruise ships are not stopping there  now . If you check San Juan port, no ships are going there now.

We are on the Reflection on 4/2 and looks like cruise mapper is showing our entire itinerary switched around with San Juan being eliminated. I am curious how this impacts those that have already booked excursions if they will get lift/shift or if they'll end up being out of luck.

Edited by hevnsprncs

3 minutes ago, hevnsprncs said:

We are on the Reflection on 4/2 and looks like cruise mapper is showing our entire itinerary switched around with San Juan being eliminated. I am curious how this impacts those that have already booked excursions if they will get lift/shift or if they'll end up being out of luck.

If they cancel a shore excursion they will refund the cost to you.  If you paid via CC it will go back to your CC, if you paid using OBC, it will accredited back to your OBC account.  

Given the time between now and your cruise, I think it is too early, despite what Cruise Mapper says, to say with 100% certainty the schedule will change. 

• 2 weeks later...

this week the RCI Wonder of the Seas and Celebrity EDGE both stopped in San Juan so looking like if it's listed then you will be going there. We are on the APEX next week, March 12 and our first stop should be SJ.  

Happy cruising

Bev

2 hours ago, FunCruiser56 said:

this week the RCI Wonder of the Seas and Celebrity EDGE both stopped in San Juan so looking like if it's listed then you will be going there. We are on the APEX next week, March 12 and our first stop should be SJ.  

Happy cruising

Bev

San Juan has dropped there Corvid Restrictions and  all the ships scheduled will be going back. Looks like no Nassau. Nassau was a fill in to replace San Juan due to the Covid.  San Juan realized all the money they were losing so they got the restrictions lifted as quick as they could. Happy sailing everyone.