Silhouette-where are the best Whiskey (bourbon and rye) drinks

njpln

We’re getting ready to cruise Silhouette and are wondering which bars make the best whiskey drinks.  We looked at the drink menus but they are lacking in Whiskey…saw lots of Vodka, Gin, Rum…we might want a real Manhattan or Old Fashioned…where should we head..?

(yes we have a drink package and can try all the bars, but looking for advice from any experienced folks who are similarly inclined toward American and Canadian whiskeys)

Thanks…

I've not been on Silhouette, but I've had no trouble on other ships with finding whiskey at any bar or ordering something like a Manhattan or Old Fashioned. Some bars may have better selections than others (like World Class, if that's there), but that just gives you good reason to check them out. 👍 

40 minutes ago, Big_G said:

World Class Bar usually has a better selection and better bartenders. You may have to pay overage but it's usually worth it when it comes to Old Fashions.

Agree but the WCB uses Ron Zacapa Rum for their signature Old Fashioned.  And it is delicious!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, njpln said:

We’re getting ready to cruise Silhouette and are wondering which bars make the best whiskey drinks.  We looked at the drink menus but they are lacking in Whiskey…saw lots of Vodka, Gin, Rum…we might want a real Manhattan or Old Fashioned…where should we head..?

My first recommendation would be, as Big_G and other said -- the World Class Bar.  

I have found some good Manhattan's at the Martini Bar and once had one of the best Old Fashion's ever at the Sunset Bar. 

If you do visit the Word Class Bar and want something a little different, try the Zacapa Old Fashion.  it's made with Ron Zacapa rum instead of bourbon but I like them. 

On 2/13/2022 at 9:09 PM, njpln said:

(yes we have a drink package and can try all the bars, but looking for advice from any experienced folks who are similarly inclined toward American and Canadian whiskeys)

Thanks…

From our recent cruise on the Reflection and a big lover of the Old Fashioned, I'll add my vote for World Class. You can order off menu - both my father and myself asked for a more traditional Old Fashioned and they didn't disappoint (although I do really enjoy the Ron Zacapa version). I also found some very well made whiskey drinks up at the Sunset Bar of all places though it was very bartender dependent. I found one of the senior bartenders there did an awesome job with classic drinks (including a Pimm's Cup!). 

Hello and thanks for your comments.  On Silhouette now and have been to world class, ensemble, passport and sky lounge.

My take so far.  World class bartender puts on a show.  He also dumps about 2 tablespoons of simple syrup in a cocktail.  Seriously? yuck.  I couldn’t drink it nor could DH.  My first impressions was not good.   He also didn’t muddle the fruits, and I asked for a traditional old fashioned…. So, not a fan.  Interesting enough, we’re going to do the mixology class, so I guess I’ll have a chance to ask questions and understand why they do what they do.   

Ensemble, passport and sky have all made ma a good drink not overkilled in sugar.

Appreciated  all your replies.   Going to try another bar tonight…. Maybe Sunset.

Don't forget to stop by the Martini Bar -- I had an excellent old fashioned, with Woodford Reserve, there. 

As for the World Class Bar -- the Zacapa Old Fashioned is the first drink I order from there every cruise.