Regarding March 1st changes...

Shippy

We are sailing on the 7th. We got the email about mask requirements.

Just printed off my boarding pass.     It says...

Your Boarding Checklist

Bring boarding pass, Proof of Covid Vaccination and all required vises, if any.

that is all it says...

THERE IS NO MENTION OF A COVID TEST !

Any word if still needed after March 1st  ?

Regent H&S Protocols appear clear that a test is still required:

"For voyages beginning on or after March 1, 2022, all guests are required to complete a COVID-19 PCR or Antigen test from a lab or pharmacy within 48 hours of arriving to the terminal for cruises beginning in a U.S. port or within 72 hours for all other cruises

8 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

Regent H&S Protocols appear clear that a test is still required:

"For voyages beginning on or after March 1, 2022, all guests are required to complete a COVID-19 PCR or Antigen test from a lab or pharmacy within 48 hours of arriving to the terminal for cruises beginning in a U.S. port or within 72 hours for all other cruises

saw that...just surprised it is not mentioned to bring on the boarding pass !

6 minutes ago, macnoir said:

I'm wondering whether a booster will be required after March 1st. No mention of needing a booster on the rssc site, but cdc says it will be needed. Any thoughts how this will play out?

The CDC also says to avoid all cruise ship travel. The CDC program is completely voluntary for the cruise lines. The newest guidelines also only encourage a booster,  not mandate it. 

8 minutes ago, Catlover54 said:

Unfortunately many CDC (and other government) "guidelines" eventually become de facto mandates in many areas (obviously not all, or we would again be forbidden from cruising at all). Think how quickly the U.S. went from public figures saying  "vaccines cannot be and will not be mandated" to "you cannot keep your job unless you are vaccinated" [and for some jobs, also boosted, with plans for reboosting as recommended].

Multiple cruise lines and other leisure venues are also trying to outdo each other, e.g., to show how "safe" they are,  with booster and extra testing mandates.

An entertainment venue in my area went even further:  they required proof of vax (including booster), AND proof of pre-event testing with PCR (not just for the unvaxxed, antigen not good enough), AND continuous N95 level masking for the entire 2.5 hour performance -- NO eating or drinking (not even sips of water) allowed.  Plus they had patrols to aggressively enforce the masking.

Requirements can change overnight.

No event is that important!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, macnoir said:

I'm wondering whether a booster will be required after March 1st. No mention of needing a booster on the rssc site, but cdc says it will be needed. Any thoughts how this will play out?

As of 01 March  Silver Sea requires a BOOSTER  and you must submit a copy of your VAX card

1 hour ago, Catlover54 said:

An entertainment venue in my area went even further:  they required proof of vax (including booster), AND proof of pre-event testing with PCR (not just for the unvaxxed, antigen not good enough), AND continuous N95 level masking for the entire 2.5 hour performance -- NO eating or drinking (not even sips of water) allowed.  Plus they had patrols to aggressively enforce the masking.

Requirements can change overnight.

I didn’t even have to look to know you were from California!

And then there was the Super Bowl….

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Someone should post the new CDC rules that NCLH voluntarily opted to accept before the details of their Covid rules were even published. A reading of the new regulations, that no other cruise line has so far accepted, would give one second thoughts on booking a new cruise with Regent. You can see these new rules on page 4 of the post entitled "Masks no longer required/no more testing at pier"on this website. You might wonder , as I do,  why NCLH would ever agree to these new CDC rules. They are terribly onerous especially the part about being quarantined. Worse rules than have ever existed. I have contacted Regent to find out what rationale they used to justify opting in to these new CDC rules,  but I am still waiting to hear from Guest Relations. Perhaps someone out there, or Regent themselves, could explain the reasoning behind this move.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Avidtravler said:

Someone should post the new CDC rules that NCLH voluntarily opted to accept before the details of their Covid rules were even published. A reading of the new regulations, that no other cruise line has so far accepted, would give one second thoughts on booking a new cruise with Regent. You can see these new rules on page 4 of the post entitled "Masks no longer required/no more testing at pier"on this website. You might wonder , as I do,  why NCLH would ever agree to these new CDC rules. They are terribly onerous especially the part about being quarantined. Worse rules than have ever existed. I have contacted Regent to find out what rationale they used to justify opting in to these new CDC rules,  but I am still waiting to hear from Guest Relations. Perhaps someone out there, or Regent themselves, could explain the reasoning behind this move.

They probably don't want to become a "gray" ship, on the proposed color coding scheme. They want to be able to say that they are complying with the CDC recommended protocols, when it comes to quarantine and other rigidly set forth pronouncements.  

14 hours ago, Avidtravler said:

I certainly hope Regent reconsiders their participation in this ridiculous "voluntary CDC program".

Please post the response from Guest Relations, if you get one.