Thank you Princess

westcliffo

24 minutes ago, westcliffo said:

As a charter member of the NSPOCS club ( No Smart Phones On Cruise Ships ) I want to thank Princess for making medallion available through web base!

We used to think that way but finally realized that smart phones can do so much more like Zooming for my club meetings by the pool, ordering drinks delivered to my chair, checking the dinner menu, streaming Princess movies, Netflix movies and contacting my husband no matter where he is on the ship. LOL🍹😄 🧉

• Like 4

Nice, if it is working, doesn't work for me.  I decided to load the app on my new phone, it worked.  I would prefer to use my laptop but would not work.  I don't plan on using my phone on the ship, no need.  Traveling alone, ordering drinks in person is a better option for me.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, susancruzs said:

Nice, if it is working, doesn't work for me.  I decided to load the app on my new phone, it worked.  I would prefer to use my laptop but would not work.  I don't plan on using my phone on the ship, no need.  Traveling alone, ordering drinks in person is a better option for me.

The app on the phone & using the app on the ship different. Once on the ship it does offer many features that make life easier. 

• Like 1

I love the app and use it on and off the ship. On the ship, it's great to track down my husband instead of writing a note on a mini white board, walking to the cabin to see if there's a note, or leaving a text message and hoping he notices I sent him one. I even tracked down my kids from the app on the last cruise, which was way better than wandering the whole ship trying to find them. We also ordered food from the app - way cool. I won't say it doesn't take playing with the app to understand how to use things. We are in our 60s, our kids in their 20s, and neither one of my kids could get the app to work on their phones initially. I insisted there was nothing wrong with the app and my son gave me his phone and said I know you won't be able to get it to work but I did within a minute. I learned from this forum the tricks to get it to work (don't ask me what I did because I've forgotten but it was something really simple like clicking in the right place).

• Like 2

On 2/16/2022 at 10:17 AM, MissP22 said:

We used to think that way but finally realized that smart phones can do so much more like Zooming for my club meetings by the pool, ordering drinks delivered to my chair, checking the dinner menu, streaming Princess movies, Netflix movies and contacting my husband no matter where he is on the ship. LOL🍹😄 🧉

Great! Don't want to be sitting around you at the pool while your zooming into your meetings - probably sans earphones, earbuds or headset and loudly talking. Agree with the convenience, but there are so many people that only think of themselves,  play music, videos, talk loudly in public venues, etc. I too Zoom meetings, but from my cabin.

On 2/16/2022 at 7:17 AM, MissP22 said:

I forgot to try it on my last cruise but did you know that you can also start a movie in your cabin and then continue it from your device by the pool or wherever you may be?

8 minutes ago, cjpj said:

Great! Don't want to be sitting around you at the pool while your zooming into your meetings - probably sans earphones, earbuds or headset and loudly talking. Agree with the convenience, but there are so many people that only think of themselves,  play music, videos, talk loudly in public venues, etc. I too Zoom meetings, but from my cabin.

I didn’t see where they said that they would not be wearing earphones, earbuds or headsets and loudly talking. I must have missed that part.  🙄

51 minutes ago, cjpj said:

It's no worse than someone having a conversation with another person or kids screaming at the pool. 

You're free to move to the quiet area. 

42 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I forgot to try it on my last cruise but did you know that you can also start a movie in your cabin and then continue it from your device by the pool or wherever you may be?

I only heard about it when they were developing the app software and have never heard of anyone using it.  

I didn’t see where they said that they would not be wearing earphones, earbuds or headsets and loudly talking. I must have missed that part.  🙄

Yea, sitting there & listening to a Zoom conference (with earphones) for my club and making a few comments really adds to the noise at the pool alright. 😂

• Haha 1