Early saver price reduction denied

amyh13

I would normally call Carnival for a price reduction but the hold times are insane.  I filled out the online form.  Denied.

I have an Early Saver Fare but I am after final payment.  Exact same room category (in fact the room next door) is $30 cheaper under a resident rate.  

I realize I sound cheap but hey if the shoe fits.  

2 minutes ago, amyh13 said:

I would normally call Carnival for a price reduction but the hold times are insane.  I filled out the online form.  Denied.

I have an Early Saver Fare but I am after final payment.  Exact same room category (in fact the room next door) is $30 cheaper under a resident rate.  

I realize I sound cheap but hey if the shoe fits.  

with early saver it doesn't matter if you are after final payment date so you should have gotten the reduction.

Did they state why you were denied?

I'd resubmit again.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

A room next door is not necessarily the same category. Also be careful if you have any OBC or other perk. and, of course, if port taxes changed...

It's definitely the same category.  I confirmed.  And they gave me no reason for denial.  Just a link to the T&C.

When it asks for the "promotion" do I put early saver or the new lower fare that I am seeing?

4 minutes ago, amyh13 said:

It's definitely the same category.  I confirmed.  And they gave me no reason for denial.  Just a link to the T&C.

When it asks for the "promotion" do I put early saver or the new lower fare that I am seeing?

You put the new promotion that you’re trying to price match to.  Do you have a PVP?  If so, your PVP should be able to take care of this with either an email or phone call.  Wait times for PVP’s aren’t long.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

and, of course, does you address with Carnival match one that qualifies for a resident rate?

Did you upgrade to your current cabin from a lower category?

There are exclusions in the T&C.

6 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

You put the new promotion that you’re trying to price match to.  Do you have a PVP?  If so, your PVP should be able to take care of this with either an email or phone call.  Wait times for PVP’s aren’t long.

Address is the same.  State is Georgia.  No upgrades.  

I have emailed my PVP several times in the past couple of week about getting price change for March sailing.  Each time he was successful in getting me more OBC.  As a result I was able to get additional $250 OBC.

I think the go to advice is to get a PVP if you can.

Update!  I was on hold for a while but got the $130 OBC!!!  Now if if April 2 will hurry up and get here.

Also got denied on my second online submission with no explanation.  Calling is the best advice.  Thanks so much everyone!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, amyh13 said:

Update!  I was on hold for a while but got the $130 OBC!!!  Now if if April 2 will hurry up and get here.

Also got denied on my second online submission with no explanation.  Calling is the best advice.  Thanks so much everyone!

Glad to hear you were sucessful. Enjoy your cruise!

3 hours ago, ginabab said:

Interesting 

Thanks for posting 

Glad you were successful 

My travel agent says I will get a credit card refund, since our fare was reduced after final payment

Hmmm … I wonder if our credit card refund with happen, given all the OBC refund responses 

I will keep you posted

I’m thinking it may take a month

2 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

Agreed.  I submitted a price reduction request last week, and the fare INCREASED.  I called my PVP and she straightened it out.  And no - you do NOT sound cheap!  $30 is $30!  You go, girl! 🙂

It was actually $130!!  I was including the deposit in the difference!  Covers one persons tips then some.

Can someone clarify this for me:  If we book under Early Saver and then change to a different promo offer, and after that, a rate reduction occurs, can it still be claimed?  I've heard conflicting answers on this.  I've heard "once an early saver, always an early saver" and then I've heard that once you switch Rate Codes, you are accepting the new T and C, and Early Saver no longer applies.   Which scenario is correct?  

1 hour ago, 80sGal said:

Can someone clarify this for me:  If we book under Early Saver and then change to a different promo offer, and after that, a rate reduction occurs, can it still be claimed?  I've heard conflicting answers on this.  I've heard "once an early saver, always an early saver" and then I've heard that once you switch Rate Codes, you are accepting the new T and C, and Early Saver no longer applies.   Which scenario is correct?  

Several years ago I had ES and changed to a resident rate.  Later I was told that once I switched to the resident rate, I could not change again.

• Thanks 1