How do I get Covid test in Vancouver pre-cruise?

Carol28

We are familiar with the Optum test and Navica testing format for a cruise starting in the US.  Can we call Navica from Canada and then, we have to hope that the hotel can print our results.  Does anyone have other options for us?  We will be in Vancouver for two days prior to sailing.

You don't "call" anybody.

You use the app on your smartphone via the internet connection or cellular connection. Yes, Canada has internet.

You don't have to "print" the test form out. You can just show that you passed on your phone.

However, if you want to have a hard copy, I just go the concierge, email it to them, then they print it out.

Lots of hotels have an office area with computers for their customers.  When I have needed to print out something (boarding passes or tests) I just logged on their and used their printer.  Generally if you can see the item you want to print (even if it is an email) you can print it.  

In all the places I have done this the office computer creates an account for you and erases everything when you log out.  So quite secure.

If you're talking about the Alaska season, it's possible there won't be a requirement to test by then, either to enter Canada or to cruise. In any case, Vancouver is counting on a record cruise season after zero income last year, so they're likely to have many quick local testing options for cruisers, especially with cases and testing demand dropping quickly. The Emed proctored tests were actually first used for Americans traveling to Europe last summer, since they needed a test to fly back to the US, and emed allowed people to take a test at their hotel and print or have the results on their phone. My advice if you choose the proctored test is to have a back-up local testing option, and bring extra tests in case you mess up somehow, and then use the extras or other home tests on board if you have any symptoms or want to have assurance before traveling home.